Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sdemetris Click here to enlarge
    if you go with headers, would you keep the secondaries in tact or get rid of everything?
    Tough call. I will most likely keep the secondaries. I don't think the gain of having them off is worth it enough over the amount of gas fumes that will be coming in. Heard the fumes are very strong removing all cats.
    07 338xi | TiAG | Premium Pkg | Carbon Fiber Trim Wrap | E90 | BMW Perf. Intake | BMW Perf. Exhaust | Active Autowerke Stage 2 | 3 Stage Intake Manifold | KW V1 | Euro Xenon Headlights | VMR V710 | Custom Car Coding |
    See my dyno results---> http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...ified-AA-FLASH)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I had an n52b30 with 255 stock hp (oem 3 stage manifold) but I have never understood that even with the addition of the 3stage manifold to the 328i's that no tuner has been able to re-create the power delivery up top with the OEM 330/530i's which pull to 7k STRONG. That is actually the entire point of the 3 stage manifold to give decent low-mid power without sacrificing top end. So it does show you the engineers at bmw are pretty damn good. I loved revving my car to 7k and it would pull harder up until peaking power at 6800 and redline at 7k.

With that said it was not and never will be a "fast" car with this engine and I think it makes a MUCH better track engine because it has esquisite throttle response and linear delivery which makes nice modulation on a track. Or buy one for a nice cruiser. It is the best NA I6 engine bmw ever made (aside from the M engines). Very smooth, really nice sound but there are just no modifications really worth it if you already have the 255hp version. Intakes lose power, going catless is almost impossible and it makes it obnoxiously loud in a bad way. This car at 255 is peaked from factory. I know the 328 with 230hp seems to gain with these mods but disapointing the power delivery has not been matched by aftermarket tuners to what bmw did with the 330/n52b30

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

The N52 is unloved, period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12