Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EDM92 Click here to enlarge
    You flip tires and cut wood like a lumber jack hillbilly
    Don't forget you get to swing a big rope up and down like an angry toddler and do some horrible looking (kipping) pull ups and dips..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RambleJ535 Click here to enlarge
    Don't forget you get to swing a big rope up and down like an angry toddler and do some horrible looking (kipping) pull ups and dips..
    And you get to pay for this privilege? Nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Its crazy but my girl is indeed stronger than me. Her bodyshape has changed, bodyfat content went down and she kicks my ass in every workout. She also has a year on me. That mindfucks me more than seeing how fast others can do it.
    Attachment 24289
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Until it comes time to kill a spider.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I actually have that shirt. Lol she bought it for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Both of my coaches have been doing weights/bodybuilding for years and years prior to opening up their own place., which is why I prefer this place over others. They arent here to just bilk money out of you....other places im not so sure about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Let's see some before and after pics! I just started doing Insanity and it seems like it's the same type of exercise as CrossFit minus the weights.

Maybe after I graduate from Insanity I can move on to CrossFit :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I gotta get some pics of my friend up here...he went from 300+ to 160..in little over a year..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I gotta get some pics of my friend up here...he went from 300+ to 160..in little over a year..
    Whoa.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

CrossFitting & the Paleo Dieting?? Any ideas how many days a week? Regardless that's impressive results for that time frame

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

CrossFitting & the Paleo Dieting?? Any ideas how many days a week? Regardless that's impressive results for that time frame
    Not sure. I dont think he did the diet thing..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The paleo diet aint that bad, been looking into it for awhile. And Gonna be starting it soon pretty pumped. But from some of the other members that started it said its not hard to follow it at all, basically no carbs
    A very Slow cobalt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I told my gf I was getting her that shirt when she deadlifts 300lbs. She's at 250x3 @115lbs lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I told my gf I was getting her that shirt when she deadlifts 300lbs. She's at 250x3 @115lbs lol
    That's terrifying

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bignicky1 Click here to enlarge
    The paleo diet aint that bad, been looking into it for awhile. And Gonna be starting it soon pretty pumped. But from some of the other members that started it said its not hard to follow it at all, basically no carbs
    Yea, I've been doing it for ~2-3 weeks & cheated once or twice (chips & bacon, egg + cheese on a croissant). I like it but it's just surprising how much $#@! you snack on that's a carb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I tried it out, but I didnt like the amount of breaks is provides. If I am going to pay $150+ a month, I want every session to keep my heart rate up the whole time. Not only 15-20 mins of working out and just lifting slowly in between. Maybe I tried some crappy places, but they never pushed me like my $40 a month bootcamp that has us doing cross training stations up a ski hill for 60 - 90 mins sessions.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Crossfit is awsome I've been doing it about 5 years with a 1.5 year break in between because of an injury, anyone that talks $#@! about it prob hasn't done it or not in the right one. It'll put you in the best shape of your life
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

All you guys are saying crossfit form? It's the person doing it? There is or should be huge emphasis in crossfit on form in the 2 crossfit gyms I've belonged to we practice form and technique everyday?? There are many people in every gym doing the wrong form on dead lifts and squats.....
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    I tried it out, but I didnt like the amount of breaks is provides. If I am going to pay $150+ a month, I want every session to keep my heart rate up the whole time. Not only 15-20 mins of working out and just lifting slowly in between. Maybe I tried some crappy places, but they never pushed me like my $40 a month bootcamp that has us doing cross training stations up a ski hill for 60 - 90 mins sessions.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    All you guys are saying crossfit form? It's the person doing it? There is or should be huge emphasis in crossfit on form in the 2 crossfit gyms I've belonged to we practice form and technique everyday?? There are many people in every gym doing the wrong form on dead lifts and squats.....
    Both of these issues (the WOD and form) are definitely specific to each CrossFit & its respective trainers. Doesn't matter where you workout & what trainers you use, bad form/training principles can be encouraged and developed anywhere.

I briefly workout out at a LifeTime Fitness (open 24 hrs, basically ~140 a month) and one of my friends I played college ball with became a trainer. Once he got hired he said that if I'm ever in a pinch to go for it -- All LifeTime required was some bull$#@! $100 certification class & for you to illustrate some fitness intelligence (that any athlete who works out in a gym would posses), but the best part was how much more the trainers got paid for doing "classes" and "personal training sessions"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I excercise to train for tough mudders and spartan races. As they run 9-12 miles over 2 hours, I like a work out that stress my overall body for 60 mins plus, no breaks to improve my bodies ability to pull energy over a long period. From talking to the crossfit trainers, I am not going to find that with crossfit, am I incorrect?
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bignicky1 Click here to enlarge
    Yah 170 is a bit much, im paying 125 for unlimited, I know some other local Crossfits is like 150 for 3 days a week which is insane. But if you want to try some WOD check out my crossfits site Google crossfitmonarchy and go to WOD its updated everyday with whats going on....Click here to enlarge wont let me post the link for you Rep is to low

If you got any other questions don't Hesitate to pm me
    You work out with James?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I do it and love it. I seem to be more motivated regardless of price, made a lot of new friends who are awesome and not into cars lol.

I go 4 times a week, sometimes saturday mornings...lots and lots of cardio, if you drink a lot or smoke it definitley isnt for you. Im going on my 7th week at this point and noticing results already...my girl has been doing it for a year now and shes still stronger than me in most areas O.o
    Which one are you at?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I excercise to train for tough mudders and spartan races. As they run 9-12 miles over 2 hours, I like a work out that stress my overall body for 60 mins plus, no breaks to improve my bodies ability to pull energy over a long period. From talking to the crossfit trainers, I am not going to find that with crossfit, am I incorrect?
    Once again, depends on the CrossFit. There's one by me called "Guerilla Fitness" and there's a LOT of intense people. They have an "Advanced" class every day that people take really seriously & post their times. This sounds a lot more appropriate for you, but (and this is why I'm not in a class) sometimes you don't wanna do the day's WOD or it's not enough for you. Might be best off joining a generic gym (Gold's, YMCA, etc), looking at a few gym's CrossFit WODs & making your own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

You would need to try it most crossfit workouts, done correctly with correct form couldn't be performed for that long, the intensity is so much that even after a short wod you are completly fatigued. Today my workout was 13.09 and recovery after was about the same if not longer... We participate In many spartan tough mudder and cmc crossfit will give you huge benifits!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Which one are you at?
    Crossfit 516. Over by Mineola/Williston.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Crossfit 516. Over by Mineola/Williston.
    Who runs that one
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast