Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 227
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    You only have one company to choose from and it's got VANOS. Can't compare to SOHC small block chevy for cost.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    $2500 for cam thats just crazy. Havin flashbacks to VR6 cams...

    That Z06 with a good cam, cold air, headers and tune is around 420-30whp. Maybe more but that's a realistic number. If its got ported heads and a ported intake that's 470-80whp. The latter is a mid to high 10sec car on a tire. The former is low 11's all day
    441 whp without a tune or cams is possible on a 4.6. S65 not looking so weak against a bigger motor right now...

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    441 whp without a tune or cams is possible on a 4.6. S65 not looking so weak against a bigger motor right now...
    Ive never said its weak I said it lacks tq... There's a difference!

    So 441whp and how much tq? Its crank rated by Dinan at 382lb-ft. My car made over 360lb ft to the tire on the motor with a cam, full exhaust, intake and tune. That's a non Z06 the Z is far stronger on power and tq.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    I would love to buy that stroker car do cams a good tune and spray it with a 100 SHOT

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    I'll say this as well my 01 Cobra with only an exhaust and K&N filter made 296/290 on the dyno. That tq was considered horrible in he Mustang world compared to the 5.0 small block motors. The multivalve setup gave it greater rpm but less tq. Without gears the sucked no way to get the tq multlication otherwise.

    This Dinan motor reminds me of that motor lots of rpm, good top end HP but weak on tq all over the place compared to the average small block.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    I would love to buy that stroker car do cams a good tune and spray it with a 100 SHOT
    Thatwould get interesting real fuggin fast...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Ive never said its weak I said it lacks tq... There's a difference!

    So 441whp and how much tq? Its crank rated by Dinan at 382lb-ft. My car made over 360lb ft to the tire on the motor with a cam, full exhaust, intake and tune. That's a non Z06 the Z is far stronger on power and tq.
    The reason the m3 makes the power is the torque at redline. The stroker moves it to left so cams benefit it more. Regardless, it doesnt need as mich torque to make as much power. Easier on the driveline too.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I'll say this as well my 01 Cobra with only an exhaust and K&N filter made 296/290 on the dyno. That tq was considered horrible in he Mustang world compared to the 5.0 small block motors. The multivalve setup gave it greater rpm but less tq. Without gears the sucked no way to get the tq multlication otherwise.

    This Dinan motor reminds me of that motor lots of rpm, good top end HP but weak on tq all over the place compared to the average small block.
    Not weak torque flat torque. The curve is a strength not a weakness.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    I would love to buy that stroker car do cams a good tune and spray it with a 100 SHOT
    More like 150 direct port.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The reason the m3 makes the power is the torque at redline. The stroker moves it to left so cams benefit it more. Regardless, it doesnt need as mich torque to make as much power. Easier on the driveline too.
    You quoted 441whp but never the tq? You have a thread with a Gintani stroker Dyno that makes exact same power. Coincidence? Seems like the numbers are for a completely different motor.

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...r-motor-16-000
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    You quoted 441whp but never the tq? You have a thread with a Gintani stroker Dyno that makes exact same power. Coincidence? Seems like the numbers are for a completely different motor.

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...r-motor-16-000
    Did you not read it? Says here is a ballpark what a stroker can make, the graph used to give one an idea as an example. You have everything you need to calculate any figures you need. Seems you are just hung up on peak torque right now.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Did you not read it? Says here is a ballpark what a stroker can make, the graph used to give one an idea as an example. You have everything you need to calculate any figures you need. Seems you are just hung up on peak torque right now.
    So the dyno you posted is not Gintani's motor? Your post denotes its what one can expect it does not say its someone else's. So who's motor is that dyno'd?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    So the dyno you posted is not Gintani's motor? Your post denotes its what one can expect it does not say its someone else's. So who's motor is that dyno'd?
    Um ya considering they had not built an NA stroker I provided a 'ballpark' figure to put it in context. And your issue is what now?

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Still waiting for the answers to all the questions.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Um ya considering they had not built an NA stroker I provided a 'ballpark' figure to put it in context. And your issue is what now?
    So after 2 yrs, Gintani still hasn't found a donor car for that 4.6L Gintani Stroker project (especially at $16k)?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    So after 2 yrs, Gintani still hasn't found a donor car for that 4.6L Gintani Stroker project (especially at $16k)?
    I am not sure. Most guys getting built motors are opting for boost.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Still waiting for the answers to all the questions.
    I don't know what you are struggling with at this point.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Can't you read? That's what you're quick to say...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Can't you read? That's what you're quick to say...
    I sure can but I'm not sure what you need help with when all the information necessary to answer your questions is posted.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I sure can but I'm not sure what you need help with when all the information necessary to answer your questions is posted.
    The questions were simple and the info isnt posted and I know you wont be honest so lets move on.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    The questions were simple and the info isnt posted and I know you wont be honest so lets move on.
    Um ok...

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    bah forget it
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    49.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Its a heavier car making close to the same power. The M went 11.90 at 120 and the C5Z traps in the 125 range. It had a wild cam that was clearly doing its job on the top end. It was the first C5Z ive lost too...

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Strkdm3 Click here to enlarge
    Its a heavier car making close to the same power. The M went 11.90 at 120 and the C5Z traps in the 125 range. It had a wild cam that was clearly doing its job on the top end. It was the first C5Z ive lost too...
    Slip for the 11.9@120? On the same rims?

    Slip for the C5Z?

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    49.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry the trap for the 11.9 was 117. Fastest trap of the night was 120. On the exact same setup 20" wheels and all.

    I dont really know the owner of the C5Z. Just met him that night...



    Click here to enlarge

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •