Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    The way the world works is usually things improve with time. But it's just a matter of how much time can you stomach? Life is short, things and interests change. Should you have fun with your interests today, or defer them until an unknown later date? The answer to that lies in truly how much of an enthusiast you are today. If you are N54 for life and have years to wait for what could be, then by all means do that. I have worked several platforms and unfortunately these types of platforms rarely get big market support. The fact is that's why you have builders such as RB, FFTEC/Vishnu, and Vargas. This is a niche market, and I highly suspect it will always be one. Especially seeing that the chassis and other limitations seem to hold it up to a high 10 car at best. Too many bottlenecks, and becomes a massive money pit trying to push the envelope. Love the platform, but my $.02.
    it's a relatively new engine still, the cars are barely coming out of warranty en masseprices are dropping JUST into the range of 'i can afford to buy this and modify the $#@! out of it'add to that, they're a VERY common motor worldwide, sold in every country in multiple modelsas evidenced by even the last 6 months.. 3 months, whatever.. MULTIPLE companies stepping up to make turbo upgrades (some of which seem like they should eventuate 100%).. proEFI coming in for a plug and play standalone..i have no doubt we'll see some 800-1000+hp N54's in years to come, it's just a slow beast.but once thee big things start happening, once BIG modified power becomes a thing that can happen fairly easily.. you bet the car enthusiast world is going to start paying more attention.I for one.. well when i first purchased my N54, i thought it'd be pretty cool and all.. but now i've been reading about it for months, what can be done to it, thinking about what i'll do to it.. what it can do.. damn straight it won't be going in factory original in any way.. if it was, it would have been in weeks, if not months ago.. and been happy with 400oddwhp but what's the point in that?
    Last edited by Flinchy; 01-19-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

@Sticky .. i edited in paragraph spacing three times, it keeps reverting to ^... it happens all the time, too.. at least once per day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky .. i edited in paragraph spacing three times, it keeps reverting to ^... it happens all the time, too.. at least once per day.
    Seems a few people are having editor issues, what are you posting from @Flinchy?

Please try changing your editor setting. Settings->Basic settings-> editor.

Is this something recent that started?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Seems a few people are having editor issues, what are you posting from @Flinchy ?

Please try changing your editor setting. Settings->Basic settings-> editor.

Is this something recent that started?
    this was on PC, chrome browser.

happens on phone too (iphone safari, ios6)

Isn't recent, but isn't super common and an edit always fixed it before this, it used to only happen on the first post then editing saved it

will check settings thanks

ed; I don't see Settings>Basic>Editor

Settings>General>Editor?

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

is what it's set to

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    this was on PC, chrome browser.

happens on phone too (iphone safari, ios6)

Isn't recent, but isn't super common and an edit always fixed it before this, it used to only happen on the first post then editing saved it

will check settings thanks

ed; I don't see Settings>Basic>Editor

Settings>General>Editor?

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

is what it's set to
    Change the editor and let me know if ti happens.

Looks like it's fine for you now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Change the editor and let me know if ti happens.

Looks like it's fine for you now?
    Thanks i'll keep watching it lol

yeah, it only happens once in a very occasional post, and like i said normally i can edit line breaks in fine, just sometimes it doesn't like to play nice :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Oh man...that video :-).

Maybe I do look at this differently because of how long I keep cars. I go at least 10 years on anything I buy, and I try to select my mods to do things once and do it right, and enjoy for the life of the car. Sometimes I succeed at that and sometimes I fail spectacularly (I was an early adopter of the feramic clutch about 10 years ago)...but I keep getting better at it. But yeah, I'm picky about my mods and I want them to be as ideal as possible because I'll probably be living with them for a long time.

My concern with this car is that it will be too expensive and unreliable to keep on the road for that long even unmodded.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567