Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS did you get your tranny rebuilt?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I haven't run mine at a real track but I've done 131+ on a VBOX so I know what it has in it. With the latest flatline fix maps it's really hauling ass.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS did you get your tranny rebuilt?
    No still gimping along. 2nd gear is iffy but works well enough for now. And I don't do many pulls in 5th these days. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how many miles on your car T?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 2008 135 has around 40k.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've contacted a couple of well known vendors on other platforms to see if they would be willing to take a look at the 6AT since my project 135i is a 6AT but none have said they would work on it yet. I refuse to pay Level 10 $5k. I'll find someone eventually or I'll drive it till it breaks and pick up another trany and sell it LOL.

No still gimping along. 2nd gear is iffy but works well enough for now. And I don't do many pulls in 5th these days. Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those are some of the hardest 40k miles you'll see on an N54 LOL

The 2008 135 has around 40k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those are some of the hardest 40k miles you'll see on an N54 LOL
    Yes the car is well abused. Click here to enlarge Our office is maybe 2 miles from my house and I have several cars I switch between for driving depending on what I'm working on. But the normal routine for the 135i is to let it warm up in the garage, do a bunch of 1/4 mile blasts in Mexico, and throw it back in the garage.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've contacted a couple of well known vendors on other platforms to see if they would be willing to take a look at the 6AT since my project 135i is a 6AT but none have said they would work on it yet. I refuse to pay Level 10 $5k. I'll find someone eventually or I'll drive it till it breaks and pick up another trany and sell it LOL.
    SSP?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    SSP?
    They don't do autos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skinrock Click here to enlarge
    because I already got to enjoy an insane amount of it
    if you had more miles than the distance from home-shop, you would have us believeing, but you stated under 1k miles on the kit.. im sure most of us put the 1st 1k miles on our cars within a week or so..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Slip or ban
    Thats the LAST thing your allowed to be saying Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They don't do autos.
    +1 they won't try it neither will sheppard who does GTR, EVO and DSMs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought LM paid more like $4k and that was for a trans rebuild, plus converter and R&R in-car. IOW, drop off and pick it up later. If I'm correct in my recollection, that's really not that crazy $. Their website lists AODE for stangs for $2500 and most converters are $1200 = $3700 for a high volume platform. So I guess it depends on how much hp each can handle, what parts are used, etc.

If you want to wrench it in yourself and maybe keep the oem converter if staying under 550whp, perhaps you could get it down to $2500-$3000.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This thread is exactly why we are working on other options besides the stage 3. We are confident it is going to perform as advertised with the twin GTX's. But people just don't want to spend the kind of money it takes to build a kit like this. I know a lot of people are curious about stage 3, but I am not sure that translates into kit sales. Halfway through the LPFP swap on the test car, clutch comes in tomorrow, prototype should be finalized this week. Lets keep our fingers crossed for firing it up end of next week, or weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great news! Make sure you film the start up please.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This thread is exactly why we are working on other options besides the stage 3. We are confident it is going to perform as advertised with the twin GTX's. But people just don't want to spend the kind of money it takes to build a kit like this. I know a lot of people are curious about stage 3, but I am not sure that translates into kit sales. Halfway through the LPFP swap on the test car, clutch comes in tomorrow, prototype should be finalized this week. Lets keep our fingers crossed for firing it up end of next week, or weekend.
    You do make a very good point here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I agree, the stage 3 will act more as a proof of concept than anything though it will be an invaluable accomplishment for this platform. I very much appreciate the pioneering you are doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2000max Click here to enlarge
    I agree, the stage 3 will act more as a proof of concept than anything though it will be an invaluable accomplishment for this platform. I very much appreciate the pioneering you are doing.
    No Problem, glad to have done it. It is a little frustrating at times, but I am glad we built the kit if it does nothing else then prove the people wrong who claimed to be pioneers in this platform, and said it couldn't be done. We think the magic number for a 600+ HP upgrade for this platform is around $5000. We are working on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No Problem, glad to have done it. It is a little frustrating at times, but I am glad we built the kit if it does nothing else then prove the people wrong who claimed to be pioneers in this platform, and said it couldn't be done. We think the magic number for a 600+ HP upgrade for this platform is around $5000. We are working on it.
    Custom plug and play housings, TD04 16gs. Done :-).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Imo u bust tranny buy a used one sell busted tranny its like a core charge. By the time u pop the second one you'll have moved onto another car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    Custom plug and play housings, TD04 16gs. Done :-).
    If its that simple Carl, why don't you build them for us? I personally would not use 16G's. I love how everyone knows how to do it....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe could sell stage 3 with out the turbo for those who want to just get a Chinese turbo. Not saying that I would go this route, but I could see the appeal to treating the turbo as a consumable with minimal worry of destroying them from overspeed and the like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Maybe could sell stage 3 with out the turbo for those who want to just get a Chinese turbo. Not saying that I would go this route, but I could see the appeal to treating the turbo as a consumable with minimal worry of destroying them from overspeed and the like.
    The kit would work with plenty of turbo options. We will judge interest once we get it running and go from there. But there are many other irons in the fire at the same time. We are not blind to the needs of the platform and the shortcomings of what is out there now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

All the snarky Shiv bashing is entertaining, but perhaps one reason the kit is slow to move is it is for the AT and so has smaller turbo and lower peak HP. Most have the 6MT and want as much power as possible, this is kind of a very narrow niche product.

Having said that there is still exactly only one source of a single kit you can buy today right now (FFTEC/Vishnu), and for that matter one source of hybrids (RB). That is changing fast which is good, but the fact that people are coming out of the woodwork claiming to have all kinds of stuff soon to be ready is also a factor in why this is not selling. For the kind of coin this costs it might be prudent to wait and see what some of the proven tuners come out with.

There have been quite a few big splashy announcements and marketing hype about coming products for our cars that did not amount to much, I hope that is not the case with the latest batch. It is sobering to think that some very competent people have tried this before and failed.

Back to the FF660 not selling, early adopters of any new technology pay a premium for being first, and always take a bath when they move on to the next big thing. Personally I prefer to wait for the bugs to be worked out of something and buy used from the 2nd wave of people, but that's just me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OP just needs to part the kit hardware from the tune, fmic and the rest of the stuff...it'd sell i'm sure of it
    Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast