Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: Car and Driver 2013 Lightning Lap Results and video for LL3 Class, $60,000-$119,999 cars - Audi RS5 beats F10 M5 and F13 M6

              
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,216
    Rep Points
    26,070.2
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    997.2 and PDK

    http://www.caranddriver.com/features...4-class-page-5

    Cant copy the text from their site. Fuggin iPad.
    Well then that's even more damn impressive. The 991 chassis and weight are astounding.
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page


    * Tacos sold separately

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Rep Points
    -24.0
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 458 ripped the LFA a new one.

    How long did Toyota take to develop that car again?Click here to enlarge
    The LFA is a trophy car... It's rarely gonna be thrashed. DD for the uber rich dude.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Points
    1,351.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The LFA is a trophy car... It's rarely gonna be thrashed. DD for the uber rich dude.
    If it is just for DD, there are much better looking cars out there.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Rep Points
    -24.0
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it is just for DD, there are much better looking cars out there.
    Not as rare nor as exclusive though... Not the I disagree with your point
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No

    C63 Black Series Wins Car and Drive Lightening Lap LL3 2013

    Sorry BMW $#@!es....you lose Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    BMW should just drop the ///M all together, they got beat by a $#@!ing Camaro, Mustang and Jaguar LMAO Click here to enlarge


    Now's the part where all you BMW fan boys start bringing up 1000hp turbo E46's LOL......BMW should change their slogan from "The Ultimate Driving Machine" to "Living In The Past" or "Basking In Our Past Glory"

    ...at least one of their engines won Daytona this weekend.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,302
    Rep Points
    1,869.2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Or we care more about sales than performance....

    Or "what are you talking about, the 3 series has been on car and driver 10 best cars for 22 straight years" LMFAO

    Or our I8 was in mission impossible.......
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open



    Click here to enlarge



  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Or the 3 series has been on car and driver 10 best cars for 22 straight years"
    LMFAO, you are so right, they already have an ad like that Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,302
    Rep Points
    1,869.2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LMFAO, you are so right, they already have an ad like that Click here to enlarge
    I can't view the video from work. Which Camaro beat the BMW?
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open



    Click here to enlarge



  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't view the video from work. Which Camaro beat the BMW?
    ZL1 Camaro, the shoot out is any 2013 car with an MSRP between $60,000 and $120,000, the M5 and M6 both get spanked by a bunch of cars.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Points
    2,023.8
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Man, I wish I could afford a Black Series.

    Crazy how well that ZL1 performed!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,557
    Rep Points
    1,998.7
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, I wish I could afford a Black Series.

    Crazy how well that ZL1 performed!
    It really is amazing. Based on everything so far seen, I would have never guessed that the ZL1 would have been at the top. Beating a Black Series? I would have never believed it. Especially after seeing it get smoked in roll racing by tons of other cars less powerful...

    Shocking to be honest. Put a lot of cars to shame - although it's hard for each driver to be consistent in every car, so who knows what the true variances are.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,406.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,302
    Rep Points
    1,869.2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wait till the 2015 Mustang comes out. It's supposed to finally have independant rear suspension. So it'll be faster straight line (as always) than the Camaro and now handle better. I'm betting that it's going to be badass.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open



    Click here to enlarge



  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,216
    Rep Points
    26,070.2
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BMW should just drop the ///M all together, they got beat by a $#@!ing Camaro, Mustang and Jaguar LMAO Click here to enlarge


    Now's the part where all you BMW fan boys start bringing up 1000hp turbo E46's LOL......BMW should change their slogan from "The Ultimate Driving Machine" to "Living In The Past" or "Basking In Our Past Glory"

    ...at least one of their engines won Daytona this weekend.
    They also won ALMS two years in a row and it takes a $100k+ Mercedes with far more power to beat the M3 around the track because the standard C63 can't...

    AMG is getting better but let's not get carried away.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,216
    Rep Points
    26,070.2
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Repost merged.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,406.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Would have been interesting to see what the M3 GTS would have done on that day. But thanks to BMW we will never know.


  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It really is amazing. Based on everything so far seen, I would have never guessed that the ZL1 would have been at the top. Beating a Black Series? I would have never believed it. Especially after seeing it get smoked in roll racing by tons of other cars less powerful...

    Shocking to be honest. Put a lot of cars to shame - although it's hard for each driver to be consistent in every car, so who knows what the true variances are.
    The ZL1 is an impressive car, probably best bang for your buck on the market. The regualr SS Camaro was no slouch either. It beat the M5 and M5 as well.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They also won ALMS two years in a row and it takes a $100k+ Mercedes with far more power to beat the M3 around the track because the standard C63 can't...

    AMG is getting better but let's not get carried away.
    ....excuses, excuses let me know when any of the current and available BMW's on the market can touch anything the AMG has out there right now by any guys on this forum. BMW's are untuneable, does any tuner have an M5 that can compete with the latest E63 5.5tt offereing from renntech or Weistec?

    AMG keeps introducing cars with greater technology and more HP while BMW waters down their M cars. I can not wait to see a head to head of a 2014 E63 S vs an M5....somebody better give BMW engineers the toll free number to the rape crisis line.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Points
    2,023.8
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....excuses, excuses let me know when any of the current and available BMW's on the market can touch anything the AMG has out there right now by any guys on this forum. BMW's are untuneable, does any tuner have an M5 that can compete with the latest E63 5.5tt offereing from renntech or Weistec?

    AMG keeps introducing cars with greater technology and more HP while BMW waters down their M cars. I can not wait to see a head to head of a 2014 E63 S vs an M5....somebody better give BMW engineers the toll free number to the rape crisis line.
    I can't wait to see a head to head of your car vs. Sticky's Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't wait to see a head to head of your car vs. Sticky's Click here to enlarge
    ...trust me, there will be nothing head to head about it, not against my silver car anyway.

    that is if his car even makes it at all....
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chi
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Points
    1,167.8
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Not really that surprising to those of us who have tracked the 63black. Its an amazing machine, and I can only imagine what it would be like with a blower.
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

    Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

    Sales@eurocharged.com

    Over 7000 customers strong!

    Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

    Click here to enlarge

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,216
    Rep Points
    26,070.2
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ZL1 is an impressive car, probably best bang for your buck on the market. The regualr SS Camaro was no slouch either. It beat the M5 and M5 as well.
    M5 and M6 are different types of cars...

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,216
    Rep Points
    26,070.2
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...trust me, there will be nothing head to head about it, not against my silver car anyway.
    Like I said we're not racing egos. Good luck.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,216
    Rep Points
    26,070.2
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....excuses, excuses let me know when any of the current and available BMW's on the market can touch anything the AMG has out there right now by any guys on this forum. BMW's are untuneable, does any tuner have an M5 that can compete with the latest E63 5.5tt offereing from renntech or Weistec?

    AMG keeps introducing cars with greater technology and more HP while BMW waters down their M cars. I can not wait to see a head to head of a 2014 E63 S vs an M5....somebody better give BMW engineers the toll free number to the rape crisis line.
    I think BMW has fallen off but the new M5/M6 are superior to cars they actually compete against as in the E63/CLS63. Mercedes doesn't even have an M6 competitor.

    What do you mean BMW's are untuneable? It's just getting warmed up: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...2-wheel-torque

    It also puts out more power than the M157 stock OR with the Performance Package. So what are you talking about?

    AMG's greater technology? They don't even have a dual clutch trans available in any of the comparable cars other than the SLS which retails for quite a bit more money.

    AMG needed to give the E and CLS a facelift just to hang with the new M5/M6.

    Oh... and this: http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...els-to-the-USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •