Any E85 delivery places in Central FL?
    yes

http://e85prices.com/e85map.php

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Any E85 delivery places in Central FL?
    Are you talking about Gas Station vendors (Shell/Sunoco stations) or large scale distributors that'll deliver 55 gallon drums?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Are you talking about Gas Station vendors (Shell/Sunoco stations) or large scale distributors that'll deliver 55 gallon drums?
    Sorry I didn't see he wanted delivery.

look up local hotrod shops that carry VP, they will deliver you drums of
    C85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nice post.
    Thanks fella! I live for this stuff.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris
    Whether or not its making 900hp on e85 or 93 is irrelevant when it comes to the stress on the bottom end. You can go single or twin turbo to find the limits of the bottom end, it really makes no difference.
    Interesting perspective. In a perfect world yes, turbo size or fuel wouldn't stress the bottom end any different. But keep this in mind, it's proven that e85 has cooling properties which lowers cylinder temps and higher octane. Higher octane protects pistons. If you said, fuel has no bearing on crank/rod, I would agree.

Turbo size is a completely different animal. Quicker spool, more torque usually equals more stress on rods. It's been proven on 4g63s and other four cylinders. Not to mention, it takes less boost to make the power on a big turbo than it does with twins. You and I both know, less boost equals less heat from the compressor.

I really don't think RBs would totally stretch out an N54 stock bottom end unless of a tune failure, lubrication failure, or an excess of an additional power added(N20). I would say if Vargas goes crazy with this twin set up he's building and the turbos are on par with GT28RS', those will stretch out a stock bottom end. I haven't done too much reading on what he's using for cores. RB's are awesome awesome turbos and I'm considering them for an upgrade, however they are stock chassis turbos and can only go so far.

This is a great discussion.
    Rocky

e90 335i Sedan - A couple mods away from FBO
    MK3 Supra - 1jz swap, big single, supporting mods

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Notsafe335i Click here to enlarge
    Interesting perspective. In a perfect world yes, turbo size or fuel wouldn't stress the bottom end any different. But keep this in mind, it's proven that e85 has cooling properties which lowers cylinder temps and higher octane. Higher octane protects pistons. If you said, fuel has no bearing on crank/rod, I would agree.

Turbo size is a completely different animal. Quicker spool, more torque usually equals more stress on rods. It's been proven on 4g63s and other four cylinders. Not to mention, it takes less boost to make the power on a big turbo than it does with twins. You and I both know, less boost equals less heat from the compressor.

I really don't think RBs would totally stretch out an N54 stock bottom end unless of a tune failure, lubrication failure, or an excess of an additional power added(N20). I would say if Vargas goes crazy with this twin set up he's building and the turbos are on par with GT28RS', those will stretch out a stock bottom end. I haven't done too much reading on what he's using for cores. RB's are awesome awesome turbos and I'm considering them for an upgrade, however they are stock chassis turbos and can only go so far.

This is a great discussion.
    You guys are talking about same parts and same power. I was only talking about same power. To hit the same numbers on 93 vs E85 you would either need larger turbos, head work, different head gasket, etc or you would need to be dialing the E85 aggression back. Apples to apples at constant power I would think there would be no difference. Sure if you build for 700hp on 93 and then switch to E85 and still target 700hp you will be stressing the bottom end less. But really, who does that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The shop was crazy busy this week with service work so we did not have much time to finish everything but we will definetely have everything put together next week and I will post pictures

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CB Performance Auto-Chris Click here to enlarge
    The shop was crazy busy this week with service work so we did not have much time to finish everything but we will definetely have everything put together next week and I will post pictures
    Excellent. And busy is good Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CB Performance Auto-Chris Click here to enlarge
    cant wait to see some updates.
    135i M
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

10 out of 10 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Updated Pictures

We finally got done with the installation of the turbo kit. We cranked it up and everything sounds good. There were no fluid leaks or vacuum leaks.We're going to do the tuning next week and we will post a video after we finish.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

We finally got done with the installation of the turbo kit. We cranked it up and everything sounds good. There were no fluid leaks or vacuum leaks.We're going to do the tuning next week and we will post a video after we finish.
    Damnnn! Cant wait for the tuning to begin and videos to be posted Click here to enlarge Great work. The kit looks nice. What size piping is that where the two banks join together?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Awesome!!!!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Awesome! Very fast progress. Cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

great job! These type of threads keep holding me up from buying upgraded twins...
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 1/2" before the flanges and 2 1/2" after

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

holy crap, that looks awesome. I know it's probably been said before. This IS the BMW version of the 2jz. Topmount looks like it was just meant to be.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Any reason you chose not to go with a twin scroll? The extra work would have been very minimal and the benefits are very tangible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    Awesome! Very fast progress. Cool.
    Very fast progress indeed.

I have a question: What is the benefit of a top-mount aside from easy access to turbo-swaps? What are the draw-backs? What platforms use top-mounts successfully?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This is just our test car. We will offer different turbos when we releaase the kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I personally think a top mount looks better. It makes it alot easier to service the turbo and make changes if you want to. 2JZ's are well known for their top mount.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

good stuff guys, good luck with tuning, hope to see some good numbers!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I personally think a top mount looks better. It makes it alot easier to service the turbo and make changes if you want to. 2JZ's are well known for their top mount.
    Thanks for the reply! Too bad the engine is tilted, as it takes up some room you could have had for the turbo.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

who and what platform are you using to tune this kit? JB4/Procede/Cobb?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

JB4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

JB4
    Click here to enlarge This is gonna be good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

JB4
    Sweet.. im assuming with the BMS/Cobb backend flash?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast