Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Rick,

Are you still looking for pictures for a 6AT XI car?
    If so, PM me with your email address.

Thx
    No, I have the template made,just need to have a few made,will be available within a week or two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    No, I have the template made,just need to have a few made,will be available within a week or two.
    OK, I installed M3 subframe bushings and rear sway bar this weekend.. Made a world of a difference on the XI handling.!!!

Question on the Diff lockdown - If I'm not experiencing wheel hop, would there be any other benefit for my car?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    OK, I installed M3 subframe bushings and rear sway bar this weekend.. Made a world of a difference on the XI handling.!!!

Question on the Diff lockdown - If I'm not experiencing wheel hop, would there be any other benefit for my car?
    Honestly, not necessarily since the Xi is splitting torque to all the wheels. It would stiffen up the back a bit under launches but you do run the chance of getting a slight gear whine with the M subframe bushings. Haven't tested an Xi as of yet to be sure. It really designed for rwd cars, although I'm not discounting the possibilities of benefits to be had.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just ordered mine Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Already got a tracking #. Great service Rick...
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    An experienced tech can do the install in 4-5 hrs.
    FFTEC did mine today in 3 hours and they dropped the entire diff and exhaust. Everything fit perfect the first time EXCEPT on my car, the stock exhaust slightly touches the the bolt that connects the bracket to the subframe. Not a big deal as there isn't any noise in the cabin, I might go to an exhaust shop to either bend the exhaust or cut and weld on a piece of pipe that allows a bit more clearance.

The car feels so much more controlled and wheel hop in my car is gone. Before at WOT the car would sort of push to the side, now the car just plants and goes. The reason I got this kit was to stop the wheel hop that destroyed my last half shaft. I was going to get reenforced Half Shafts from DSS, but I thought I would nip the root problem in the butt with this kit.

I am running 100% E85 with an LSD, and my car feels great planted and so much more controlled at WOT, this kit totally solidifies the rear end. It essentially mates the diff to the subframe so they are as one. IMO this kit is essential to any car pushing 400HP as it makes the car so much more controllable and planted in the rear.

Also there was zero additional NVH after install. Car feels great.

Rick's support has been top notch and you really get what you pay for on this kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Very good news & review!! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joec500 Click here to enlarge
    FFTEC did mine today in 3 hours and they dropped the entire diff and exhaust. Everything fit perfect the first time EXCEPT on my car, the stock exhaust slightly touches the the bolt that connects the bracket to the subframe. Not a big deal as there isn't any noise in the cabin, I might go to an exhaust shop to either bend the exhaust or cut and weld on a piece of pipe that allows a bit more clearance.

The car feels so much more controlled and wheel hop in my car is gone. Before at WOT the car would sort of push to the side, now the car just plants and goes. The reason I got this kit was to stop the wheel hop that destroyed my last half shaft. I was going to get reenforced Half Shafts from DSS, but I thought I would nip the root problem in the butt with this kit.

I am running 100% E85 with an LSD, and my car feels great planted and so much more controlled at WOT, this kit totally solidifies the rear end. It essentially mates the diff to the subframe so they are as one. IMO this kit is essential to any car pushing 400HP as it makes the car so much more controllable and planted in the rear.

Also there was zero additional NVH after install. Car feels great.

Rick's support has been top notch and you really get what you pay for on this kit.
    Awesome! Glad your pleasedClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Awesome! Glad your pleasedClick here to enlarge
    Mine is going in Monday!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Great job on this kit @rick@defiv..installed mine last night, no nvh or buzzing...haven't had time to test for wheel hop yet, will report back once i get a chance to try it out

Btw, I also needed that $12 long bolt..prod date 12/07 E90 6MT
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Great job on this kit @rick@defiv ..installed mine last night, no nvh or buzzing...haven't had time to test for wheel hop yet, will report back once i get a chance to try it out

Btw, I also needed that $12 long bolt..prod date 12/07 E90 6MT
    Thank you sir. Each kit is getting a bolt from here on out...keep me posted mr. torqueClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

OH NO!!!!Click here to enlarge
    How else can they've removed, DIY? I do everything in my garage.
    Last edited by The Ghost; 02-02-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    How else can they've removed, DIY? I do everything in my garage.
    A DIY made press kit.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Rick, I'm really interested in a kit but was wondering if I would really need one for my 6AT 335i? Also, where can I order one? Sorry for the stupid questions or repetitiveness if they have been asked before. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M_Truong Click here to enlarge
    Hey Rick, I'm really interested in a kit but was wondering if I would really need one for my 6AT 335i? Also, where can I order one? Sorry for the stupid questions or repetitiveness if they have been asked before. Click here to enlarge
    If you are experiencing wheel hop you will want this, I have one but have not installed it yet so I can not say to much personally. But from what I've read it does a pretty good job at eliminating it

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    A DIY made press kit.
    i made a DIY

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-Lock-Down-DIY
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Installed mine, everything fit perfectly and easy. I used to get wheel hop every time I nailed it or went WOT.....that is a thing of the past!! My wheel hop is completely gone....I mean none! The car just launches, no more noise than before either and the ride is no worse. The price of this kit is small for what you get, it is also great insurance also...half shafts + driveshafts cost a lot more than this kit and wheel hop is always the culprit when snapping 95% of the time.

Cant wait for Rick to make more things I want!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    Installed mine, everything fit perfectly and easy. I used to get wheel hop every time I nailed it or went WOT.....that is a thing of the past!! My wheel hop is completely gone....I mean none! The car just launches, no more noise than before either and the ride is no worse. The price of this kit is small for what you get, it is also great insurance also...half shafts + driveshafts cost a lot more than this kit and wheel hop is always the culprit when snapping 95% of the time.

Cant wait for Rick to make more things I want!!!

Good news!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Good news!
    It s very impressive, car just digs!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    It s very impressive, car just digs!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

My car is almost finished at the body shop and after it's done the next mod that goes on is Rick's lockdown kit! If you'd like I can make a separate review thread or I can make a compact review on this thread a like a couple of members have already done. Can't wait, I'm in the same boat as joec500 where my car will push out to one side (2nd gear low rpm pull) a bit when stomping on it. Look forward to better power transfer to the road!
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M_Truong Click here to enlarge
    www.defivfabrication.com, or PM me. And,yes, if you are experiencing hop or are planning to increase your power levels it would benefit you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

www.defivfabrication.com, or PM me. And,yes, if you are experiencing hop or are planning to increase your power levels it would benefit you.
    Well done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    I was at the dealer getting a break line fixed under warranty and the tech was like.....what the heck do you have here.....he pointed at your lockdown kit....and said that s a unbelievable machine work. He said, for that to fit like that there is no room for error. He actually has a point I want to express. With a stock bushing there can be error because the stock bushing can move, and be moved back and fourth. With this kit it had to be do perfect because if it is off at all it will not work, to short and you would get rattle, to long the differential wouldn't even go in. How many hours of testing did this take Rick? I can't even imagine honestly...I would have no hair, broken hands & need a 50 gal drum of plaster to fix the wall after I put my fist thru it or even the differential thru the wall

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast