Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hit and Run, N54 DCT, Usigng Emergency Brake

When I decided to leave my car out from being garaged on a Saturday this is what I woke up to Sunday. Yup people like this exist and it can be your very own neighbor who smiles daily. I still dont know who it was, but I am sure the person was DRUNK !

My alignment is shot and all screwed up now, cant even drive the car. That said, I probably will have to have the chasis, and suspension checked for any damage due to how the car was hit and thrown to the side.

Click here to enlarge

Good thing also I had BoostAddicts' diff brace on and the emergency brake was applied to prevent damage to the TM if the car was to ever get hit while parked. Its a force of habit to apply the emergency brake when parking coming from diriving MT cars all my life.

If the emergency brake wasnt applied I am pretty sure the car would have been pushed right over parking block possbile kissing the side walk also causing more damage.

For those of your that have the DCT always use the emergency brake when parking

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow that sucks. Does your parking facility have cameras? I know mine does, I would check with your apt complex. People are dicks....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sorry bura, but good news you can get a new bumper!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry this happened. I get to see the results of stupid people all the time in my job, hopefully karma will even things up for that a**hole. I also set my parking brake as a habit from MT. Good luck with the repairs, hope its not to bad.
    Last edited by ra2289; 01-07-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Aww crap, your car moved so much with such little damage.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was your car parked straight initially? Someone probably pushed against your car more than they hit it at speed given how much it moved with what looks to be minimal damage...look at the bright side, won't be much to fix
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd check who owns those garages behind your car. Looks like someone backed into it freaked and gave their car more gas.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I'd check who owns those garages behind your car. Looks like someone backed into it freaked and gave their car more gas.
    My votes for this. I don't think the car would have so little cosmetic damage if it was hit like that unless it was really slow speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow that sucks. Gotta wonder if someone was trying to steal/tow it rather than hit it. Odd it got moved so far from an impact with so little apparent damage or skid marks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Was your car parked straight initially? Someone probably pushed against your car more than they hit it at speed given how much it moved with what looks to be minimal damage...look at the bright side, won't be much to fix
    Yea the car was parked perfectly straight. I am the only one that I know off that uses the garage there to put the car in, everyone else on that lotted garage uses it for storage

It looked like a direct bumper hit obviously from a car that had a low front bumper. Unless we got damn good rear bumpers that can defuse a hit like that.

It was really weird, cause the angle the bumper was hit the quarter panel should have been damaged but it wasnt and then to boot sending the car 2-3 feet

That emergency brake helped big time though. Never leave a car parked without it being applied

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I feel for you, someone hit and ran the rear of my E90 but caused a ton more damage. I think it was a lifted truck or something, my entire trunk was destroyed.

I sincerely hope your insurance doesn't jack you around for two months before they pay the shop, like mine did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People suck.

Hope your car is repaired to its original condition and without drama from your insurance co.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Yea the car was parked perfectly straight. I am the only one that I know off that uses the garage there to put the car in, everyone else on that lotted garage uses it for storage

It looked like a direct bumper hit obviously from a car that had a low front bumper. Unless we got damn good rear bumpers that can defuse a hit like that.

It was really weird, cause the angle the bumper was hit the quarter panel should have been damaged but it wasnt and then to boot sending the car 2-3 feet

That emergency brake helped big time though. Never leave a car parked without it being applied
    It also could have been someone with a trailer moving stuff in/out of their garage.

The damage doesn't look like it was a hard impact, but judging by how far your car was pushed it had to have been a continuous push.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    amazing how people can just move on after doing something like that....if it was THEIR car it would be a different story. Karma's a $#@! tho...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I'm always surprised at how many people DON'T follow this advice.
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its always automatic (or now dct too) drivers who don't set the brake. I don't get it either. While the parking paw is more robust than just leaving it in first, its no excuse for not applying the brake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is sickening, sorry to see this happen to you. Karma will get that mutherfucker.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People. $#@!ing. Suck.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale