Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Stupid Question: Downpipes, DP Fix, and the dealership

Hey everyone,

Stupid questions: Im about to install my DPs soon and i just recently thought of some questions. I know this is a JB4 forum, but i need to ask anyways.

First off, does the Procede automatically do a software "downpipe fix" preventing a CEL? I have heard answers both ways, and some people say that i need to adjust something in the adjustable values? If so, what do i adjust?

Secondly, when i go to the dealer and i remove the Procede, the CEL pops back up, correct? Should i purchase a DP Fix from BMS to correct this for when i need CPO work?

-Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The proceed has the ability to turn CAN Clear on/off just like a JB4 which will keep your CEL from coming on due to the downpipes. And the code usually takes about 25-50 miles to pop back up on my car when I would remove the tune so you should be fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    The proceed has the ability to turn CAN Clear on/off just like a JB4 which will keep your CEL from coming on due to the downpipes. And the code usually takes about 25-50 miles to pop back up on my car when I would remove the tune so you should be fine.
    Thanks! I just figured out the CANclear part while reading thru the Procedes manual. Glad to hear ill be fine at the dealership unless they do some heavy test driving lol +rep

@Sticky please delete, i figured it out Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Luckily I have a mod friendly dealer (Akra catless DPs, aFe DCI, ER CP, Forge DVs, BMS OCC), but I ALWAYS uninstall my COBB tune before I take it in for service (even if it's a simple oil change). I usually install in the parking lot & the CEL doesn't get triggered because the car isn't getting driven more than 50 ft from the service drop off to the service bay/lift.

It seems that leaving your tune installed is what everyone gets in trouble with their SA
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Luckily I have a mod friendly dealer (Akra catless DPs, aFe DCI, ER CP, Forge DVs, BMS OCC), but I ALWAYS uninstall my COBB tune before I take it in for service (even if it's a simple oil change). I usually install in the parking lot & the CEL doesn't get triggered because the car isn't getting driven more than 50 ft from the service drop off to the service bay/lift.

It seems that leaving your tune installed is what everyone gets in trouble with their SA
    Thats what ive noticed. I had an electrical issue and my dealership SA blamed it on my HID AEs. Took it back during the week when the mechanics were there and they were like "Nahhhhhh they are fine dont worry about it". SA had his hands tied and my issue was resolved. Oh, what do you know, i was right in the first place....

Anyyywayyyss, theres next to no modded 335i's in my area. Luckily my dealership has been pretty nice with me.

@E90SoFlo you ever take your car to Germain BMW? How have they been treating you and your heavily modded car?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

What's funny is the 1st time I brought my car in modded for service, I was speaking with one of the parts guys (needed a replacement VANOS solenoid) and was shooting the $#@! with him. Found out he has a ESS M3 installed by ACM & he brings his car into the dealer for regular service (oil, brakes, plugs, etc). I figured if they don't give him $#@!, my DPs & intake shouldn't cause any problems
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    What's funny is the 1st time I brought my car in modded for service, I was speaking with one of the parts guys (needed a replacement VANOS solenoid) and was shooting the $#@! with him. Found out he has a ESS M3 installed by ACM & he brings his car into the dealer for regular service (oil, brakes, plugs, etc). I figured if they don't give him $#@!, my DPs & intake shouldn't cause any problems
    What??? Thats freakin awesome. I wish i had a performance minded SA/technicians. They are more $$$ minded...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Thats what ive noticed. I had an electrical issue and my dealership SA blamed it on my HID AEs. Took it back during the week when the mechanics were there and they were like "Nahhhhhh they are fine dont worry about it". SA had his hands tied and my issue was resolved. Oh, what do you know, i was right in the first place....

Anyyywayyyss, theres next to no modded 335i's in my area. Luckily my dealership has been pretty nice with me.

@E90SoFlo you ever take your car to Germain BMW? How have they been treating you and your heavily modded car?
    I dont take my car to any dealership anymore, I never modded my car until I was out of warrenty.

Text me ill give you a good shop to take it too!

And if you can find a SA down here that doesn't care about mod's you would be very lucky. I know the service bay manager (i guess i dont know his title) and he still doesn't "hook me up"

What type of issues are you going to the dealership for? thats the most important thing I think.

If its just oil etc. I wouldn't take anything off.

If you're trying to get replacement parts then i would.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The bms DP fix is cheap, I have it installed, it might be worth it to just buy it and then not have to worry. How much warranty is left? I take my car to Autocouture for everything now and IMO they are even better than the dealer.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I know this is a JB4 forum, but i need to ask anyways.
    That's not correct. It's an N54 forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

please delete, i figured it out
    No reason to delete.