Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Exclamation BMS OCC - 6 Months later

So, here is the summary after the first year with my modified BMS OCC.
    I'm more than pleased with it and would recommend everyone to buy one. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

holy crap man... last time I checked there was a couple drops in mine. didn't even waste time emptying it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

There is a lot of car to car variance in terms of oil blowing through the PCV but very glad that junk is not coated all over your intercooler, chargepipes, and intake valves. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

BT, do you have the RB modified PCV valve?
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I haven't checked mine yet but I'm glad to see that it's working as designed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I barely had any after 2 months,But glad it is working though. What did you do to ur OCC that you say it is modified, just curious.
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BES335xi Click here to enlarge
    I barely had any after 2 months,But glad it is working though. What did you do to ur OCC that you say it is modified, just curious.
    He lowered the bracket. You can do a similar mod by not installing the bracket and instead using a zip tie instead to secure it lower by the condenser lines. Although, we still prefer and suggest the bracket location. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    So, here is the summary after the first year with my modified BMS OCC.
    I'm more than pleased with it and would recommend everyone to buy one. Click here to enlarge

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../6months-1.jpg
    Nicely done...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

cool
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I could only screw the freaking cap off. It's on there waaayyy too tight. Terry, just curious, what the hell do you guys used to tighten the cap (it ain't your hands) before you ship them? I am going to try a vice and oil filter strap next.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Square&Level Click here to enlarge
    If I could only screw the freaking cap off. It's on there waaayyy too tight. Terry, just curious, what the hell do you guys used to tighten the cap (it ain't your hands) before you ship them? I am going to try a vice and oil filter strap next.
    Mine unscrews with minimal effort...?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah...it's weird man, it's like they put red loctite on the threads or something. It's on the car now, I'll attempt to check it in a few months.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Square&Level Click here to enlarge
    LOL it should be fairly loose. They are hand assembled by Jason and Guy here. Maybe one of them was having a bad day and took their aggression out tightening your OCC? Click here to enlarge But a oil filter strap works great if it really can't be done by hand.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BES335xi Click here to enlarge
    What did you do to ur OCC that you say it is modified, just curious.
    I choose'd to modify the bracket and lower the OCC, to be able to get the gravity feed working 100%.
    The OCC is now in the lowest position in the system.

Here's my installation:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    BT, do you have the RB modified PCV valve?
    Yes.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

This looks good! Terry should cut you a check for all the long-term research and marketing you are doing for BMS. LOL Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I'm just going to add my findings to this thread. Stock tune, no oil in my BMS OCC for ~8000km. Boosted at 15psi now for ~10000km and found about 2tblspn.

Click here to enlarge

Also blasted my valves today. Man I hate doing that, but I wanted a quick update after 25000km. All cylinders looked pretty good actually, except cyl 5 which was a little extreme lol. Time to call Rob for an upgrdaded PCV.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

^ Edited to embed your pics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@Big Tom
    whats with no airfilter, just for pics right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    @Big Tom
    whats with no airfilter, just for pics right?
    Of course. Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    He lowered the bracket. You can do a similar mod by not installing the bracket and instead using a zip tie instead to secure it lower by the condenser lines. Although, we still prefer and suggest the bracket location. Click here to enlarge
    I could not use the bracket provided.
    For some reason the assembly plate which comes on top of this all would not fit anymore with the aluminum bracket installed.
    Massaging it in resulted in a broken center lip (the plastic one). I had to do a emergency repair with some stainless steel I had lying around, and ended up fabricating a stainless bracket which I could ziptie to the support bar. This bracket also lowers the OCC by 2cm.
    All done before end of daylight. I did not have time to polish things up. It had to be installed that evening. I 'll make a thread of it later.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

BT, your car is a freak Click here to enlarge How often do you have to top up a quart of engine oil?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    BT, your car is a freak Click here to enlarge How often do you have to top up a quart of engine oil?
    Thx man! Click here to enlarge

~quart each 7k miles.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Glad I installed this mod Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just wanted to bump this thread to share my results, ~6 months worth of oil accumalation using Mobile 1 Euro Blend 5W40. FWIW, i've never had consumption issues. Maybe half quart low every 7500 mile(my OC interval) This thing definately works!

Note: I'm also running the Rob Beck PCV2 valve.

Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast