Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    may be in a 335 6m in a few years if this all pans out 6m 135 to 7AT 335 back to 6m maybe ? lol ... for now its nice to know im #1 on beta list for stage 2s tho!

really cant wait to see people actually USE this power when it becomes available!
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    BMW mounts there motors at a slight tilt towards the passenger side. That's why space is limited. The xJZ and RBxx line are mounted straight up and down.
    THat wouldn't make it tighter from the midline of the engine down, though?.. since that's where clearances get a little hazy at the moment?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow, amazing work Tony!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look nice. Great job Tony!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great work tony! waiting to see dynos of Stage 2 and 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work Tony, everything looks good. Its naturally a tight squeeze but I can see it now working out finally.

Can't wait to get them up here and hit the dyno!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Great work Tony, everything looks good. Its naturally a tight squeeze but I can see it now working out finally.

Can't wait to get them up here and hit the dyno!
    Wait, are you ordering a set of stage 3s?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Wait, are you ordering a set of stage 3s?
    Gonna put 500-1000 miles on our test car with them, then send the prototype set up north for Dzenno to tune on his car so we can get some solid numbers and a solid base tune to go with the kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Gonna put 500-1000 miles on our test car with them, then send the prototype set up north for Dzenno to tune on his car so we can get some solid numbers and a solid base tune to go with the kit.
    freaking sweet
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That will be awesome to see what a flash tuned set of larger twins can do. Any plans on stacking a JB4 for the extra features it offers (i.e. meth integration)?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Id love to see the no meth/no E85 numbers.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Any reason you are not having Terry do the tune? Do you feel Dzenno's numbers will be slightly inflated vs the average customer?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Please! Show me: 91, 93, 93 + meth, then an all out glory run on corn.
    Last edited by Torgus; 12-28-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Any reason you are not having Terry do the tune? Do you feel Dzenno's numbers will be slightly inflated vs the average customer?

its ok. terry gets to tune a 6466 single turbo project fairly soon Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    its ok. terry gets to tune a 6466 single turbo project fairly soon Click here to enlarge
    Oh yeah I read that in the other thread. These are exciting times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

This kit will easily push the boundries of the stock motor. Dzenno has done some work to his engine. I would like to see what it does in that scenrio. I am definitely going to be bringing a car to terry, I may bring out test car to terry, I will need to upgrade the clutch first. Another problem is its a procede car and having to switch everything over just to get some numbers with the test car is a pain and expensive, I have not 100% decided what I am doing yet for tuning but PTF seems very interested in developing a nice baseline too that would be available for purchase with the kit. Really sucks they are so far away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Question still stands and is still unanswered. The FFTEC kit is well built and the only problems they are having are tune related due to pre turbo O2's, boost operated wastegates, and some AT issues. Seems the misfiring might be fixed. Until we get a proEFI solution for this platform these problems are going to persist. How do you plan on getting past these hurdles that a reputable shop and builder have had a year to tackle and still haven't got the bugs worked out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well that's why it's a "project" lol
    and I learned young that just because one tried and hasn't perfected it doesn't mean that others should give up and watch and wait. When/if we hit those hurdles or other ones, we will tackle them as well as puttin it out there for publics opinions. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    That will be awesome to see what a flash tuned set of larger twins can do. Any plans on stacking a JB4 for the extra features it offers (i.e. meth integration)?
    Given these turbos preserve the OEM wastegate actuators and boost control setup we will do the tuning with ATP. If for any reason additional boost control logic is required we won't shy away from using an external boost controller when/if required and that may be any unit that does the job well.

In terms of meth integration we have been using Aquamist's HFS-4 kits and trunk mounted Howerton tank setups with great results.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Us too Click here to enlarge

@Torgus , which of the numbers we have ever posted do you feel were inflated? There's also no reason why Terry or anyone else wouldn't be able to tune this kit.

I've personally communicated with Tony on some high level design decisions and ideas on the Stage 3 kit over the course of the last few months. This came out of the initial discussions/threads/posts about larger twins for an N54 on this forum months back where some of the initial work was done by Mat Morkin as some may recall. Back then we discussed various turbos, their compressor maps and possible response on this engine and came up with the GT/GTX 28 series from Garret as a possibility in a twin setup that'd work quite nicely on this car. Thus a working relationship with Tony on getting the tuning and curiosity how it'd flow on a car with an upgraded cylinder head but also on cars with bone stock top ends. I also happen to have a backup N54 sitting in the garage that is bone stock which may see this same kit in a back to back comparison scenario but that's obviously still up in the air.

EDIT: Here's a link to the thread that sort of started us down the path of larger twins and Garret GT/GTX 28 series in particular among others:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...aded-twins-N54
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    well that's why it's a "project" lol
    and I learned young that just because one tried and hasn't perfected it doesn't mean that others should give up and watch and wait. When/if we hit those hurdles or other ones, we will tackle them as well as puttin it out there for publics opinions. Click here to enlarge
    Definitely keep at it and good luck with it. Getting anything significantly bigger than stock turbos working on this motor is definitely exciting to see unfold, especially so for those watching from the sidelines as its free of charge to them..too bad many of those that watch also come in to throw in baseless comments...instead of motivation and constructive feedback we get bashing/trolling/endless arguments that just fill up forum space with junk most of the time instead of factual data gathered through real life testing
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Given these turbos preserve the OEM wastegate actuators and boost control setup we will do the tuning with ATP. If for any reason additional boost control logic is required we won't shy away from using an external boost controller when/if required and that may be any unit that does the job well.

In terms of meth integration we have been using Aquamist's HFS-4 kits and trunk mounted Howerton tank setups with great results.
    Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with it, and as others have said, on straight pump gas (93), pump plus meth, and some E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with it, and as others have said, on straight pump gas (93), pump plus meth, and some E85.
    Absolutely. The only slight correction there is we only have 94 octane up here at the pumps instead of 93. The next one lower down is 91.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely. The only slight correction there is we only have 94 octane up here at the pumps instead of 93. The next one lower down is 91.
    No worries. Close enough. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congats on getting that stuff to fit in such a tight envelope. Must have taken a lot of trial and error.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Definitely keep at it and good luck with it. Getting anything significantly bigger than stock turbos working on this motor is definitely exciting to see unfold, especially so for those watching from the sidelines as its free of charge to them..too bad many of those that watch also come in to throw in baseless comments...instead of motivation and constructive feedback we get bashing/trolling/endless arguments that just fill up forum space with junk most of the time instead of factual data gathered through real life testing
    thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony you need to have a firm talking to of your flapper maker! Why/how do they keep $#@!ing up? I know the first time they sent the flapper with stock specifications, how did they mess it up this time?
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast