Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Stock Turbos FBO 335ix drive Custum tuned Dyno 430 awhp 470lbs awtq Dyno vid and tune comparison

Hi All,

I just recently got my car Protuned via Cobb flash by JR at P and L Motorsports on there allwheel drive dynojet in Franklin Park, IL (Chicagoland area).

Prior to getting my car Protuned I was running the BMS E85 flash with JB4 G5 iso and wanted to see what a custom tune would do.

Cars Mods below:

AMS FMIC
    AR Design catless DP
    BMS DCI
    Walbro pump
    75%E85/25%93 mix
    PandL Motorsports Cobb tuned by JR

Also attached is a dyno runs from both the BMS tune and the custom tune. The run in red is with JB4 G5 iso and BMS E85 flash map 7 and the run in gold is the custom tune only.

Dyno vid is in this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

All I can say is that I didnt realize I was having the custom tune would be a night and day difference when a came to drive abiity. Boost came in smoother and then when WOT the car just pulls. Also felt way smoother during shifts. Even in the dyno graph you can see that hp and tq curve are smooth and not spikey so more power throughout the powerband.

The BMS JB4/Cobb stack made power and a good choice since there not a lot n54 tuners out there but does not beat when you have someone local able to do a custom dyno tune. So for any of you in the Chicagoland area and are in need of a good tune Id recommend P and L motorsports to do the tune. Apparently Im there first N54 customer since getting Cobb ATP and extremely happy with the tune.

Just wanted to share my experiences and recommend anyone in the Chicagoland area that has an N54 motor that custom tuning is available.

Let me know what you guys think.

Also are there any other 335xi cars that have similar power on stock snails or anyone making more power on upgraded turbo(s)?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

got any logs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    got any logs?
    Sorry no logs from the dyno run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Great numbers.
    Do you have some 60-130 or 1/4 mile times?
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lorddrinkalot Click here to enlarge
    Great numbers.
    Do you have some 60-130 or 1/4 mile times?
    Ive had the car since August and only ran the 1/4 mile one time and that was a 12.8 @88 mph with terrible misfires and limp mode shifting from 3-4th gear, car was FBO JB4 and 25%e85 mix on map 5. Im hoping for some 11's when the track opens up. No 60-130 times, also is there an app or something to measure 60-130 times?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Looks good, put up some logs when you get a chance
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice numbers for an xi! Can you pm how much they charge to pro tune it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Looks good, put up some logs when you get a chance
    I'll do a couple long log csv files in the next couple days and post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Were the JB4 dyno done on the same day as your protune?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Were the JB4 dyno done on the same day as your protune?
    Different day same fuel mixture within a weeks timeframe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Markyd83 Click here to enlarge
    Nice numbers for an xi! Can you pm how much they charge to pro tune it
    PM sent

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    Different day same fuel mixture within a weeks timeframe.
    Nice. The JB4 had better peak numbers, but they were exactly that, "peak" numbers, lol.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Nice #'s...
    Now the test is to see how the timing recovers after a 4-5 shift.. Show us some logs..!!!
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Nice #'s...
    Now the test is to see how the timing recovers after a 4-5 shift.. Show us some logs..!!!
    Ill get some logs up but am new to the parameters on the Cobb since I use to log with the JB4. I did monitor timing corrections while messing around in the car and it was at 0 the whole time doing some 3-4-5 shift on the expressway. But yes Ill grab some logs and post. Are there anything specific I have to log or when you set data logging the Cobb will capture everything?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    Ill get some logs up but am new to the parameters on the Cobb since I use to log with the JB4. I did monitor timing corrections while messing around in the car and it was at 0 the whole time doing some 3-4-5 shift on the expressway. But yes Ill grab some logs and post. Are there anything specific I have to log or when you set data logging the Cobb will capture everything?
    The COBB has default parameters set already. You can add about 3-4 more, but it won't log more than Default +3 or 4 (forgot exactly).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I would add STFT and LTFT parameters to the log.
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Interesting results.

Keep in mind when you tested the JB4 setup the dyno was not working properly so the results there with the dyno recording noise are not overly useful for comparison to a properly run dyno, IMHO. But just as a general comment it's easy to throw the car on the dyno and crank up advance and/or boost until it makes a certain amount of power. You can also custom tune the JB4 setup to achieve the same results. The issue is what happens on the road with timing recovery during shifts, etc. Which is why we've set it the way we have by default.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lorddrinkalot Click here to enlarge
    I would add STFT and LTFT parameters to the log.
    Ill make sure to add those parameters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Interesting results.

Keep in mind when you tested the JB4 setup the dyno was not working properly so the results there with the dyno recording noise are not overly useful for comparison to a properly run dyno, IMHO. But just as a general comment it's easy to throw the car on the dyno and crank up advance and/or boost until it makes a certain amount of power. You can also custom tune the JB4 setup to achieve the same results. The issue is what happens on the road with timing recovery during shifts, etc. Which is why we've set it the way we have by default.
    I brought up the dyno graph the week before with the JB4 G5 iso and BMS E85 flash with the 75%e85 mix and 25% 93 mix to both the tuner and the dyno operator from the JB4 runs and said that when going WOT the throttle was acting weird, the tuner was able to tune throttle and helped smooth out the run. The tuner was also getting the same issues when tuning the car and mentioned something about the throttle that he had to tune and was getting graphs that were spikey on preliminary tuning. Unfortunately I did not get any logs during that dyno session.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No baseline, no way to compare. Great numbers but on an xi I have to believe that dyno is pretty generous.

Glad the car is running strong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    No baseline, no way to compare. Great numbers but on an xi I have to believe that dyno is pretty generous.Glad the car is running strong.
    I had a baseline around 280 on stock jb4 map 4 Fbo with e85. I've posted graphs in another thread. Reason for the high baseline is because of the mods I already had with a bms e85 flash when this pull was done hence the high baseline number on xi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

JR comes to NC sometimes to tune for my friends shop, so next time he is here im getting custom tune also.
    135i M
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dsm25psi Click here to enlarge
    JR comes to NC sometimes to tune for my friends shop, so next time he is here im getting custom tune also.
    JR did a great job with making the car civil at part throttle to an animal at WOT with linear power. I believe he also tunes in NY/NJ area also.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

yea, he tunes for shift fast motorsports in rockhill,SC also
    135i M
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    How effective do you guys think a single turbo kit from Vishnu would be for a 335xi 2008? I have not been able to find an instance of one yet. I see videos of 335i single turbo having a lot of launch issues and I was thinking it would be awesome to see that setup installed on AWD? THOUGHTS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast