Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    HAHA, nice! with install kit too LOL!
    Haha, yep! It just arrived today and is sitting on my desk.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I bought one for my 335i a while back. I sold the car before i ever put it on so I had it put on my EVO last week LOL! it's a pretty badass pump.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I love how shiv gets fftec to build him a single turbo kit and all of a sudden there shop is now his! I also think its funny how if he is doing so well selling single turbos, flex fuel kits, and $600 fuel pumps that he no longer can afford to be a gold level sponsor over on e90. Go figure!
    He still seems to have some of the perks, just got a bunch of posts challenging him deleted.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by r45t4335i Click here to enlarge
    lol probably, the quote had alot more detail as well. I'm trying to upload a snapshot of it.
    This invoice says "Walbro 400 LPH Fuel Pump (E85 Version)."

I thought the 450 was the E85 version?

Either way, I find it funny that Shiv was using the non-E85 numbers for his "projections."

Since he gave the non-E85 pump a 20% increase and his setup at 37% increase does this mean the correct E85 numbers would be higher? Thereby decreasing the percentage advantage of his setup?

Based on my looking at the numbers and making things up, I'd say the Walbro 450 (E85 Version) would be at least a 27% increase over the stock pump.

TL : DR - Is it really worth $450 to get an additional 10%*?

*Numbers based on pure speculation Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Haha, yep! It just arrived today and is sitting on my desk.
    Thanks for the link man, definitely going to look into it as I may need it soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This invoice says "Walbro 400 LPH Fuel Pump (E85 Version)."

I thought the 450 was the E85 version?

Either way, I find it funny that Shiv was using the non-E85 numbers for his "projections."

Since he gave the non-E85 pump a 20% increase and his setup at 37% increase does this mean the correct E85 numbers would be higher? Thereby decreasing the percentage advantage of his setup?

Based on my looking at the numbers and making things up, I'd say the Walbro 450 (E85 Version) would be at least a 27% increase over the stock pump.

TL : DR - Is it really worth $450 to get an additional 10%*?

*Numbers based on pure speculation Click here to enlarge
    The disturbing part to me is that using the 400lph flow specs an inline booster setup MAY generate a little more flow at 70psi than just running the 400lph pump by itself. Using the stock and 450lph pump in series likely does not have the lpfp adding flow at 70psi, in fact it probably detracts from the flow that the 450lph pump could generate itself. This is just me speculating based off of the pump flow curves for the 400 and 450 as well as the 232lph flow number Terry measured for the stock unit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The RB turbos make more low end torque and spool faster so he'd be moving backwards at 20mph before he even let his clutch out. Click here to enlarge

We didn't get a chance to race at shift sector. In fact I think he asked me to stop asking his customers to race and when I asked him to race he was busy trying to fix a broken single turbo car. But judging by videos he looked to be maybe 4 cars faster than Longboarder's M3, who was 1 car slower than Eric's E63, who I was fender to fender with at 160mph. So I think I'd lose by around 3 cars, although I'm also making 200whp less and was not running E85 that day.
    Nitrous! shhhh...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No one has explaind to me why they don't use a barbed fitting pump instead of a $230 custom CNC machined adapter on the in tank version of the same pump.
    Because the guys at FFTEC want a Lambo too you know... Think about it.. How many FFTEC single turbo kits have been ordered so far? 10, maybe 15.... Hardly enough to make worth of their time....

Sell the lower cost item but in higher quantity and there you have your answer.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    Somehow, the first percentage in red has been changed to 38%, and the second percentage in red to 62%. Bunch of other things in the post have been edited as well....just something that stood out to me lol.
    so, your saying sjiv went back and "corrected" the data he quoted and collected after it was shown he was quoting a pump that is not the one he should have been using? man o man.. this is a DIRECT example of why he doesnt post where he cant change what he says and re-write history..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so, your saying sjiv went back and "corrected" the data he quoted and collected after it was shown he was quoting a pump that is not the one he should have been using? man o man.. this is a DIRECT example of why he doesnt post where he cant change what he says and re-write history..
    All the math he was quoting and spec sheets he was showing were on the wrong pump basically. Pretty shady.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    All the math he was quoting and spec sheets he was showing were on the wrong pump basically. Pretty shady.
    eh, what do i know.. im just a HS fanboy that has no background in spotting a liar and continually providing evidence as such..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    eh, what do i know.. im just a HS fanboy that has no background in spotting a liar and continually providing evidence as such..
    Heh, I bet Shiv feels pretty stupid at this point :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Heh, I bet Shiv feels pretty stupid at this point :p
    you can tell he was pissed.

when he has an actual basis, he will at least attempt to justify his stance and actions. When he is downright owned, he gets aggressive and attacks... just like we saw here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

0 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is a good simple explanation:

"Parallel flow will allow a higher flow rate (fuel supply) but have a lower pressure capacity than the exact same pumpsin series. More than likely those pumps can supply fuel at a high enough pressure anyway , probably up to 85 psi which is enough for 30+ psi boost. Pumps in series can increase flow rate a bit but are more used as "pumpers" to boost pressure . Some people will argue this to death, but basically when running in series you are limited by the weaker of the two inline as to how much fluid can pass through it in a unit of time"

You will find these conclusions if you search google on series vs parallel pumps for even 5 minutes. We are FLOW limited not PRESSURE limited here. Ultimately we are trying to supply more fuel, not inject at a higher pressure (which can be an issue for high boost PI setups).

You will see similar or marginally worse/better results with the standalone walbro e85. At 1/3 the price though, you could easily afford 2 and blow this $600 hack kit out of the water.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Huh, look at the number of errors of Google and copy paste, when applied to another platform.
    Not sure what you are trying to say here. My point was that anyone can google search two seconds and get information on inline versus parallel pumps. The laws of physics don't change based on platform. Pumps in series add pressure at given flows and pumps in parallel add flow at given pressures. The stock pump at 355lph (70psi on the E85 pump) is off the pump map. It MAY be able to supply a couple psi of head, but probably is just a restriction at that point.
    The stock pump is just a restriction?
    I mean that you are wrong in saying that you could see better results with Walbro, than with Walbro and stock pump in series. Moreover, are you saying that Walbro should have been installed in parallel with the stock pump rather than in series in this case? If yes, I would not recommend that either. Try it out with 650whp and report back. It is not only about the flow, it is about the flow and the pressure. You are demanding data but don't provide any yourself. Copy-pasting stuff from the internet can be very misleading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I mean that you are wrong in saying that you could see better results with Walbro, than with Walbro and stock pump in series. Moreover, are you saying that Walbro should have been installed in parallel with the stock pump rather than in series in this case? If yes, I would not recommend that either. Try it out with 650whp and report back. It is not only about the flow, it is about the flow and the pressure. You are demanding data but don't provide any yourself. Copy-pasting stuff from the internet can be very misleading.

Lord Voldemort, is that you trolling?
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did provide data. The correct pump data that Shiv then used to update his post and fix all his poor calculations.

I am not going to reply to the rest of your post, because its pretty obviously troll bait. If there is something specific about my argument you take issue with, let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did provide data. The correct pump data that Shiv then used to update his post and fix all his poor calculations.

I am not going to reply to the rest of your post, because its pretty obviously troll bait. If there is something specific about my argument you take issue with, let me know.
    +1 Your post was good enough for Shiv to copy.Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Copy-pasting stuff from the internet can be very misleading.
    Especially when someone C&Ps the wrong info for the product he's trying to sell Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I love how shiv gets fftec to build him a single turbo kit and all of a sudden there shop is now his! I also think its funny how if he is doing so well selling single turbos, flex fuel kits, and $600 fuel pumps that he no longer can afford to be a gold level sponsor over on e90. Go figure!
    This entire post was useless beyond conveying your personal distaste for them. No new info or perspectives.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    he needs to fade into the background and hire someone to be his marketing/PR person.
    I would agree with that. A dedicated PR person helps in many ways, plus allows you to have no blood on your hands

Look at every time Steve Jobs ranted about users "holding the phone the wrong way?" He should have let PR do the talking.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Because the guys at FFTEC want a Lambo too you know... Think about it.. How many FFTEC single turbo kits have been ordered so far? 10, maybe 15.... Hardly enough to make worth of their time....
    I'm sure the FFTEC guys are doing fine. It seems Shiv has outsourced most of his day to day business to them.

Anyway getting back to fuel system talk. Before I bought the 267 Walbro pump I bought an inexpensive inline Walbro pump to try that as a booster setup. I never got around to following up on it as the in tank turned out to work so well. But this is another option. This particular pump is $99 and you'll notice it has barbed fittings so no CNC machined parts are required. You'd shove it in the orange line leading to the regulator. Inline pumps will increase pressure but won't increase overall flow much. Since the issue seems to be one of pressure at the HPFP (pushing through it's tiny opening) then an inline approach may very well work OK here.

Speaking of which, the regulator looks really shoddy. I'll do some bench testing with it when I get over this cold. I wonder if switching it out for a higher quality regulator and running a little more pressure, like 80psi, would do us some good on getting around the HPFP limitation?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The stock pump would become a restriction if you'd install them in parallel. Having them in series like Shiv does, makes them flow more and keep the pressure up. Three people repped you for suggesting parallel installation. I wonder why. Did I miss something?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since the issue seems to be one of pressure at the HPFP (pushing through it's tiny opening) then an inline approach may very well work OK here.
    Exactly, Terry. Nice that Shiv is not the only one here understanding the fueling in N54. Repped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The stock pump would become a restriction if you'd install them in parallel. Having them in series like Shiv does, makes them flow more and keep the pressure up. Three people repped you for suggesting parallel installation. I wonder why. Did I miss something?
    This doesn't make any sense. How would the stock pump restrict the E85 pump in parallel? Please explain this to me. Having them in series makes them flow more for a given pressure. The pressure is not the issue, these pumps can hold 72psi. The issue is flow at that pressure. As you start demanding more FLOW it lowers the available PRESSURE. If you need more flow, two pumps in parallel are the solution. Since each pump can independently hit the pressure targets, it is not necessary to run them series. I have explained this already. A series pump setup is a patch and will work to get you a little more pressure on the top end of the flow if the pumps are similarly sized. It is pointless though to have a high volume pump suck a low volume pump. I cant believe I am even responding to this, just read the thread again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How good/reliable of a pump is the Walbro pump that is installed in the tank? Is there a better alternative, even if it may be a more expensive pump?

EDIT: I'm asking as I saw some discussion that the Walbro pump being used is a cheap option, leading me to believe there may be a better option available.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast