Close

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    My point is, a 6466 has been installed and tuned extensively on this motor
    True, but with a very different manifold, exhaust, intake, CP etc.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    600 WHP at 16 PSI is not possible. It just isn't.
    You are probably right. I suspect that come dyno day at 16PSI I will not be "heart broken" and you will not be "served" either LOL
    It will probably be more than you believe by a fair margin and yet still short of my hopes

Either way, we all are winners!
    And thanks again for your support on this car! You saved us with the flanges and came thru again with the HPFS Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    so hows Alaska?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    so hows Alaska?

lol! its good 34F today though. I never complain about being up here, the works good, times flies and moneys better. Its the means to my life at home Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great to hear , good luck with the tuning..

IMO you should get a nice and big trunk tank and run meth, i see no reason in the world not to run it to help keep the stress off your fuel system and utilize all its other benefits... IMO running meth is easier than pulling all your hair out trying to find a way to run 100% e85... run e50 100% meth and tune away for big power Click here to enlarge

or in your case where you want to keep it civil with stock tranny... run straight 93+meth fuel system will be more than happy and make your 600whp with a bigger safety net.. like others said low-ish boost with a lot of timing on 93 to hit 600 imo is risky, why not just add meth to the equation to make things a whole lot safer?

Properly installed with quality lines & fittings, a nice new working pump, and a trunk tank with jb4 as the brain is a very reliable setup. Shouldn't be any hassle IF installed and maintained properly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Plus low-ish boost on that turbo is going to be laggy as hell. but more boost=more TQ=broken tranny so that's quite a conundrum.

IMO you should get a nice and big trunk tank and run meth, i see no reason in the world not to run it to help keep the stress off your fuel system and utilize all its other benefits... IMO running meth is easier than pulling all your hair out trying to find a way to run 100% e85... run e50 100% meth and tune away for big power Click here to enlarge

or in your case where you want to keep it civil with stock tranny... run straight 93+meth fuel system will be more than happy and make your 600whp with a bigger safety net.. like others said low-ish boost with a lot of timing on 93 to hit 600 imo is risky, why not just add meth to the equation to make things a whole lot safer?

Properly installed with quality lines & fittings, a nice new working pump, and a trunk tank with jb4 as the brain is a very reliable setup. Shouldn't be any hassle IF installed and maintained properly.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    And by the way, when I mention 30 psi for 650, I'm in no means referencing the vargas hardware as they have performed much better than this. It was just a number I threw out there, mostly based on the FFTEC kit putting up low numbers and times based on the power it supposedly had and the boost required to get there. Just to clear the air.
    So, when he made 600whp on 91 oct with 21 psi, you think that means he's gonna need another 9pounds to make another 50hp? Really?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Well, no meth and proper tuning = better than meth and proper tuning...less parts = less potential problems. my opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    So, when he made 600whp on 91 oct with 21 psi, you think that means he's gonna need another 9pounds to make another 50hp? Really?
    Shut the $#@! up. They were exaggerated figures that, "I THREW OUT THERE". Read the post. 650hp = 11 second quarter miles. Thats what I'm talking about. Now Shut the $#@! up. Thanks.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Shut the $#@! up. They were exaggerated figures that, "I THREW OUT THERE". Read the post. 650hp = 11 second quarter miles. Thats what I'm talking about. Now Shut the $#@! up. Thanks.
    You mad bro :p You made the comment, not me. BTW, Shiv posted the dyno of the 21psi 600hp 500tq pull. So, maybe a little checking before YOU throw out random numbers trying to make a point that isn't valid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You mad bro :p You made the comment, not me. BTW, Shiv posted the dyno of the 21psi 600hp 500tq pull. So, maybe a little checking before YOU throw out random numbers trying to make a point that isn't valid.
    The shut the $#@! up came from the last time I saw one of your stupid posts. I was catching up. Im so mad the fftec kit performs disappointingly...
    Click here to enlarge
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, no meth and proper tuning = better than meth and proper tuning...less parts = less potential problems. my opinion.
    No meth and proper tuning = better than meth and proper tuning ?

You should have proper tuning regardless so not sure what that even means... claiming just PUMP 93 is better than meth and pump 93 makes no sense what so ever. The cooling of the intake charge alone makes it better/safer/superior... not even taking into the consideration of the octane boost it provides... its like saying 87 octane is better than 93.

the less parts = less potential problems argument, to me at least, is asinine... do you buy a base model car because the power window motor may go in 4 years or the nav screen may lose a few pixels down the line?

You can set up a very reliable meth kit in many different ways, some cheaper than others but there are so many misconceptions about running meth kit and its difficulties on here brought up which all derive from the pump gas only Nazi's who preach how impractical meth is, dangerous, etc .. the pro's far out weigh the cons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No meth and proper tuning = better than meth and proper tuning ?

You should have proper tuning regardless so not sure what that even means... claiming just PUMP 93 is better than meth and pump 93 makes no sense what so ever. The cooling of the intake charge alone makes it better/safer/superior... not even taking into the consideration of the octane boost it provides... its like saying 87 octane is better than 93.

the less parts = less potential problems argument, to me at least, is asinine... do you buy a base model car because the power window motor may go in 4 years or the nav screen may lose a few pixels down the line?

You can set up a very reliable meth kit in many different ways, some cheaper than others but there are so many misconceptions about running meth kit and its difficulties on here brought up which all derive from the pump gas only Nazi's who preach how impractical meth is, dangerous, etc .. the pro's far out weigh the cons.
    Your opinion. I prefer not dealing with it and having less potential problems to deal with...my opinion. Moving along.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The shut the $#@! up came from the last time I saw one of your stupid posts. I was catching up. Im so mad the fftec kit performs disappointingly...
    Speaking of stupid posts...let me just add this pointless one to yours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As far as meth goes.... If it comes down to us being close on straight E85 and we end up just needing Meth for the higher rpm band, I will run a big tank of it and just fill up with E85 for convenience.
    I realize that i could just run meth now with 93 and the car would be wicked, and i feel that with the new setup on the low pressure side we could likely run straight E85 and meth and tune it and be done. We are just trying to see if we can pull it off without meth. If i need it, ill use it. Im not pro meth or against it.. Just experimenting for the people lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    As far as meth goes.... If it comes down to us being close on straight E85 and we end up just needing Meth for the higher rpm band, I will run a big tank of it and just fill up with E85 for convenience.
    I realize that i could just run meth now with 93 and the car would be wicked, and i feel that with the new setup on the low pressure side we could likely run straight E85 and meth and tune it and be done. We are just trying to see if we can pull it off without meth. If i need it, ill use it. Im not pro meth or against it.. Just experimenting for the people lol
    That's the way it should be. It will be interesting to see how this setup performs once the tuning is completed. Obviously it will put down impressive numbers; what I am interested most in is the torque curve.

The conversation earlier about not being able to achieve 600whp with 16-18psi was frustrating to read. PSI is a measure of airflow restriction through the engine, not CFM. With careful design of intake/exhaust piping phenomenal numbers can be attained with seemingly low PSI, provided the tuning is done carefully as to not shred the internals with aggressive timing. just my .02

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    That's the way it should be. It will be interesting to see how this setup performs once the tuning is completed. Obviously it will put down impressive numbers; what I am interested most in is the torque curve.

The conversation earlier about not being able to achieve 600whp with 16-18psi was frustrating to read. PSI is a measure of airflow restriction through the engine, not CFM. With careful design of intake/exhaust piping phenomenal numbers can be attained with seemingly low PSI, provided the tuning is done carefully as to not shred the internals with aggressive timing. just my .02
    Reading your post is just as annoying I feel. To hint we do not know that psi is a measure of restriction through the engine borders on insulting. Of course we know that, but the restriction of a stock intake manifold, stock head N54 is well documented at this point, which this car is. So essentially all the restrictions being equal psi becomes a very very accurate measure of how much air you can move through the motor and 16 psi will not net you 600 WHP with those restrictions in place. Sure port the head, get a better flowing intake, and you can make more with less boost. But that is moot here.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 06-28-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: God awful typos. Damn iphone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never mentioned any names or specific posts. Im not pointing fingers at anyone. I just felt like it was a good point to add to the earlier conversation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    I never mentioned any names or specific posts. Im not pointing fingers at anyone. I just felt like it was a good point to add to the earlier conversation.
    Considering these are all stock internal/head/cam N54's running the same VANOS tuning (cant speak for what @dzenno@PTF did on the VTT3 car), @VargasTurboTech is pretty much spot on. Not sure why this is even being discussed...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Considering these are all stock internal/head/cam N54's running the same VANOS tuning (cant speak for what @dzenno@PTF did on the VTT3 car), @VargasTurboTech is pretty much spot on. Not sure why this is even being discussed...
    youll see when we dyno why it was being discussed Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    +1000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    +1000
    LOL... so whats up Nick. Tell me since all is "equal" with my car and the FFTEC 6466, what will we dyno on 16PSI and 93? 350tq, 475hp? All i keep hearing is it will take A LOT more to make 600, so what do the experts think we will make at 16PSI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOL... so whats up Nick. Tell me since all is "equal" with my car and the FFTEC 6466, what will we dyno on 16PSI and 93? 350tq, 475hp? All i keep hearing is it will take A LOT more to make 600, so what do the experts think we will make at 16PSI?
    I'm just in for some numbers. When is the ETA on your dyno day?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just in for some numbers. When is the ETA on your dyno day?
    93 retuning should begin today and over the weekend. I get home from alaska on July 5th. Its not impossible that the car could be dynod on 93 before then. Worst case i would think ill get it on a dyno when im home that weekend or early that next week. If all that goes as planned, should be retuned and dynod on as much of an Ethanol blend as the fuel system will support shortly thereafter. Im not sold yet that we will get away with straight E85 no meth. But if we can cleanly run E40-E70, we will get it tuned and dynod like that. I ran E50 daily on the old setup so im not opposed to settling for a mix if need be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Huh? I don't want to guess, I just want to see what it makes! When's the pump only dyno?
    Last edited by E90Company; 06-28-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Huh? I don't want to guess, I just want to see what it makes! When's the pump only dyno?
    Yo, by a lot more I mean 5-6 psi, not a LOT if you look at is a number but its nearly 40% more then 16 psi so that is a lot more. I do not want to guess where you will be at 16 psi as there are many factors. But I will just offer this advice. Do not trust or get excited based off VD numbers. While they can be accurate, we found them inflated quite a bit during stage 3 testing. As I said we were seeing well above 600 WHP on the Vdyno on 91 before we put it on the dyno for the first time. Either way man, just keep plugging along and get it tuned. Cant wait!

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast