Close

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Interested to see what you come up with. I'm guessing some sort of adapter to a domestic transmission (GM?) judging by their website and their work with the infamous Toyota engine that I dare not say the name of.
    As i said earlier in this thread and in other threads, it is no secret that the TH400 and 4l80e are being considered as possible options for me. I know this would not be the "fix" 6AT guys wanna hear as it will mean down time, R&D and money. But at this point with my car we are all in and will make something work. I am also waiting to hear back on the 517 trans build to see if that ends up being a viable option. My thing is that whatever route i go it will be intended to handle close to 1000whp and over 700wtq. That is the next milestone for the N54 and yes it will mean getting into motor work but with the turbo setup we had Proven Power build us, we intend to push into new territory down the road.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The factory pump controller will allow around 25 amps with a larger fuse. Assuming you want to set it up for the 700rw range I'd probably run something in parallel with the stock pump. Maybe even power it on a separate circuit. On my to-do list is to program the JB4 to turn on an external pump only over a certain boost level, etc.
    man parallel pumps for high power levels starts getting complex! ahah

what sort of flow rate can 25a support roughly?

We would not need to make any board changes to run the fuel pump off the JB4, etc. Awhile back I designed a sweet board with blue tooth, GPS, an accelerometer, etc. It was designed around a $1200 retail price point that collapsed before we finished development. These days though I don't see any fundamental changes in the pipeline with regard to our USB cable for logging.
    ooooooooh. that would have been a sweet option haha... maybe one day in the future Click here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    As i said earlier in this thread and in other threads, it is no secret that the TH400 and 4l80e are being considered as possible options for me. I know this would not be the "fix" 6AT guys wanna hear as it will mean down time, R&D and money. But at this point with my car we are all in and will make something work. I am also waiting to hear back on the 517 trans build to see if that ends up being a viable option. My thing is that whatever route i go it will be intended to handle close to 1000whp and over 700wtq. That is the next milestone for the N54 and yes it will mean getting into motor work but with the turbo setup we had Proven Power build us, we intend to push into new territory down the road.
    I hear you, man. Do what you need to do. If that involves using a transmission not originally intended for this vehicle, do it. If you forge ahead with the 6HP21 you are in uncharted territory, pretty much. I would use something a little more proven to minimize downtime so that I could enjoy the car I spent thousands building. You also like to drag race, so you are going to need a stout transmission. As said, I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. Good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looks/Sounds good! Nice job.
    Single Turbo E92 BMW 335i | My YouTube channel
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge
    Looks/Sounds good! Nice job.
    Roy you need a thread for you're build... sick new picture man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CannonFodder Click here to enlarge
    Roy you need a thread for you're build... sick new picture man.
    +1 I was just thinking the same thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea @dreikraft

Fishing/barge work/oil&gas ?? what is your gig.. Im on the arctic coast, prudhoe bay oilfield..

Plenty of women @Sticky Not like my homeland of florida or your california, but Anchorage/Fairbanks are like any bigger city in the lower 48, just on a smaller scale
    i own a small construction company outside of anchorage. it pays for my hobbies and has allowed me to start my own lil shop in cali with a fellow enthusiast. we are actually in the process of building a built n54 forged internal/high compression motor as we speak for our very first client!
    as far as tuning we will most likely go with aem infinity or proefi depending on what training we can receive when the time comes. and after speaking with tony today we will most likely pick up his gtx28 upgrade!

back on topic... pt6466 is the $#@!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    we are actually in the process of building a built n54 forged internal/high compression motor as we speak for our very first client!
    You have kept quiet about this?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You have kept quiet about this?
    Talked to them yesterday on the phone, seem like cool guys. They are def not the only ones building a forged N54. I have talked to about 4-5 people now who are in the process of doing so. One guy in Europe in particular who is basically done, and the thing looks pretty solid. I like the open deck cylinder wall fix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i own a small construction company outside of anchorage. it pays for my hobbies and has allowed me to start my own lil shop in cali with a fellow enthusiast. we are actually in the process of building a built n54 forged internal/high compression motor as we speak for our very first client!
    as far as tuning we will most likely go with aem infinity or proefi depending on what training we can receive when the time comes. and after speaking with tony today we will most likely pick up his gtx28 upgrade!

back on topic... pt6466 is the $#@!!
    how high is high compression Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    how high is high compression Click here to enlarge
    After talking with them yesterday it sounded like they were building the motor for boost, but leaving the compression at stock level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good idea..dont think i'll be dropping it on my motor either...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sharp edges on that combustion chamber look like they could use some love...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    They sure could. I should have a CNC program written very soon for custom combustion chambers for the cylinder heads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Its not my motor, some guy from europe sent me pics of what they are building

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Its not my motor, some guy from europe sent me pics of what they are building

When are you roughly thinking your stage 3 pre orders will ship? @Sered is local and ordered a set i believe... Im not rich and ill be working on tuning and fuel system etc much of the summer, i want to try to be ready for some fun Click here to enlarge I dont think ill be in Kill mode until fall as i have to scrap this tranny lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When are you roughly thinking your stage 3 pre orders will ship? @Sered is local and ordered a set i believe... Im not rich and ill be working on tuning and fuel system etc much of the summer, i want to try to be ready for some fun Click here to enlarge I dont think ill be in Kill mode until fall as i have to scrap this tranny lol
    You got time, we are thinking a realistic August / September ship date

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You got time, we are thinking a realistic August / September ship date
    cool, im so stoked for those guys! realistically then, we are on the same timeline. If only my girlfriend would let me do a couple extended tours at work... Thanks for the reply!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

cool, im so stoked for those guys! realistically then, we are on the same timeline. If only my girlfriend would let me do a couple extended tours at work... Thanks for the reply!
    I can keep her busy for youClick here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    I can keep her busy for youClick here to enlarge
    An interesting proposal... i rep u too often to rep again yet haha..... can you leave groceries for me upon my return?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Well in light of the recent days drama in regards to fuel system upgrades..
    Im proud to officially say we are going with Tony's upgraded new hpfp and fuel rail.
    Vargas FTW.
    For all you guys out there waiting for E85 only / no meth ... That is our plan with my setup moving forward.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well in light of the recent days drama in regards to fuel system upgrades..
    Im proud to officially say we are going with Tony's upgraded new hpfp and fuel rail.
    Vargas FTW.
    For all you guys out there waiting for E85 only / no meth ... That is our plan with my setup moving forward.
    Nice. My pump and rail are already on their way to him. Going to get this knocked out early and be ready for the stage 3s Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dan, I found the perfect transmission shop that can build your AT:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol is that for real?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol is that for real?
    they are in your neck of the woods terry, we both need this, check it out for me Click here to enlarge

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast