Close

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 372

Thread: N54 top mount?

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Lol 54 psi? You know you're badass when you run more boost than tire pressure!
    Straight up.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    67
    Rep Points
    80.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It seems to make good power

    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Points
    3,329.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That power band looks really awesome..too bad they don't have an RPM graph
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Rep Points
    3,899.8
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Love how he is like everything is standard except 64mm turbo and proefi. Pretty sure full stand alone engine management makes it ANYTHING BUT standard. Thats like saying, yes my car is for sale everything is standard except bigger rims and and oh it was gutted in a fire.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i like this setup, i would buy something like this for sure
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Rep Points
    3,899.8
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Just a side note on the build price. Emailed Sikky cause I was curious on price for the flanges. They emailed me back and told me $550 PLUS shipping. Yes that means about $600 for just flanges. This in my book is ridiculous. Sure a billet flange looks cool. Until you cant see it anymore cause its against the head. Perfect example of over engineering. Anyone who would pay $600 bucks for some flanges I would have to question their sanity, but thats just me.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Just a side note on the build price. Emailed Sikky cause I was curious on price for the flanges. They emailed me back and told me $550 PLUS shipping. Yes that means about $600 for just flanges. This in my book is ridiculous. Sure a billet flange looks cool. Until you cant see it anymore cause its against the head. Perfect example of over engineering. Anyone who would pay $600 bucks for some flanges I would have to question their sanity, but thats just me.
    Looks like the price went up since I bought them!

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Rep Points
    3,899.8
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Looks like the price went up since I bought them!
    Talk about a bad move. They wont be moving a lot of flanges at that price.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Talk about a bad move. They wont be moving a lot of flanges at that price.
    Yeah, I paid $400 shipped for both many months back. From what I've been told, mild steel does not warp as easily as SS. If I did it all over again, I would prefer to just get some mild steel flanges laser or water cut with the rings welded in (or even CNC'd mild steel flanges). I think it would be cheaper and probably better. Not really concerned with a little rust on the flanges, which you honestly can't see once they are in place.

    EDIT: They kind of have the market cornered right now, though. Maybe you can help with that Click here to enlarge

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Rep Points
    3,899.8
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I paid $400 shipped for both many months back. From what I've been told, mild steel does not warp as easily as SS. If I did it all over again, I would prefer to just get some mild steel flanges laser or water cut with the rings welded in (or even CNC'd mild steel flanges). I think it would be cheaper and probably better. Not really concerned with a little rust on the flanges, which you honestly can't see once they are in place.

    EDIT: They kind of have the market cornered right now, though. Maybe you can help with that Click here to enlarge
    If you go with the proper thickness SS flange you shouldn't have any problems with warpage. Our flanges are SS water cut and welded bungs. I very well may start selling them here as soon as I get the stage 3 prototypes completed and stage 2's shipping. I will prob make a post to gauge interest in the flanges before I have them made.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 12-26-2012 at 04:48 PM.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Points
    2,366.7
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Awesome work Eleventeen! You always struck me as the type that could pull off such a feat. Looking forward to your progress!!

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    755
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Any videos yet? Project is very interesting.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nobody else sells flanges?

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Rep Points
    3,899.8
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody else sells flanges?
    Not that I know of. I will prob just start selling them here shortly.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I will prob just start selling them here shortly.
    I think this is a very good idea.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Points
    2,097.2
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looking at your manifold, it looks like you could make it significantly shorter (40%?). Any reason you made it go so far down then back up again? I'd figure you'd route them up from the beginning, having the first 3 cylinders having a longer 'kink' so that the piping is semi-equal length.
    Change is constant

  17. #142
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Looking at your manifold, it looks like you could make it significantly shorter (40%?). Any reason you made it go so far down then back up again? I'd figure you'd route them up from the beginning, having the first 3 cylinders having a longer 'kink' so that the piping is semi-equal length.
    I wanted a nice narrow merge for smooth flow which made it necessary to point the collectors downward. However, I already have a revision in mind to make it shorter if I were to do this again. I don't foresee any additional power from making it shorter, but I think it would maximize spoolup. This manifold would definitely not fit an xi, but I think a shorter manifold could be designed that would allow fitment of an xi. At this point, I don't have time to build them for other people anyway, but I think it would be cool to do if ever given the time and resources.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Awesome work Eleventeen! You always struck me as the type that could pull off such a feat. Looking forward to your progress!!
    Thanks Rob! We'll see how it all works out long term. I can't wait to start dialing things in with the tuning.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    44
    Rep Points
    59.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not that I know of. I will prob just start selling them here shortly.
    great idea

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,270
    Rep Points
    1,418.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
    http://fsrmotorsports.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=69

    ST kits shouldnt have to be expensive. I'm looking forward to cast log manifolds to move this platform forward.
    $2800+install for a 750whp capable setup? yes please

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,270
    Rep Points
    1,418.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Love how he is like everything is standard except 64mm turbo and proefi. Pretty sure full stand alone engine management makes it ANYTHING BUT standard. Thats like saying, yes my car is for sale everything is standard except bigger rims and and oh it was gutted in a fire.
    well... considering the proEFI stuff is PnP for the 2jz at least (as far as i know).. it's not TOO big a change? haha...

    i know a lot of evo X (evo in general) owners that go straight to standalone because it's not a headache to install and makes everything easier for them off the stock ECU

    ED:.. i audibly laughed at the 'gutted' bit, hahaha

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ocala
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    12.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    this would be an awesome project if someone can produce it and sell them I would be in.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Points
    2,097.2
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Expertrm Click here to enlarge
    this would be an awesome project if someone can produce it and sell them I would be in.
    +1.
    Once the tuning and boost control is sorted, I might just do my own. Many local fabricators and parts cost is cheap. Tuning is everything.
    Change is constant

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    354
    Rep Points
    465.4
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody else sells flanges?
    I do, should have more in January.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Rep Points
    3,899.8
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ar design Click here to enlarge
    I do, should have more in January.
    This is a little confusing to me. I called and talked to you guys a couple months back and was told it wouldn't be worth it for you guys to make them for me as they would be very expensive. This is why I went ahead and had my own made.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •