Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Never ever state here that you are Polish. I declare you 100% American.
    If you knew your history better you would know the Polish, unlike most Europeans, tend to be the only ones in Europe who fought (instead of surrendered, collaborated etc.) for these same ideals. Probably why they were the second ones on Earth to create a Constitution with these ideas at the forefront.

I declare you are 100% off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Why do you take this scenario as an example?? Why would i fear 4 thugs entering my house with assault rifles?

If i would be doing or dealing the wrong things , then i would expect these kind of visitors .

When you have to fear people attacking your house with machine guns , you are doing the wrong things.
    You're right,

THE PROBLEM IS SOCIETY

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    You are welcome. That was my point indeed.
    If you remove the cause of the problem the opportunity for these attacks will disappear.
    Just look at Australia where they banned semi-automatic weapons 10 years ago.
    Since then there have not been any killing sprees like that.
    But there the population agreed with the decision.
    In the USA the second amendment is worth more to some then children's lives.
    So you are intersted in banning guns to save the lives of children, but you don't comment on the 3x lives lost in automobile accidents? Do you think children don't die in those crashes? Do you think children aren't saved by responsible use of a firearm for self protection against a criminal?

Earlier in this thread, I cited a study that shows how overall violent crime goes up when guns are banned. So yes, she shooting sprees may have abated in Australia, but people are less safe. It's just that now since only one or two people are killed at a time by criminals, the deaths can be swept under the rug, just like automobile deaths. Hey, I guess if that makes you feel better it must be worth it.

Im still waiting for you to justify a 500hp vehicle when they are more likely to lead to a fatal accident, and are not at all necessary for transportation.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

When you have to fear people attacking your house with machine guns , you are doing the wrong things.
    Like being a successful, wealthy, contributing, member of society?

You think they rob poor people?

Everyone who has been taken advantage of, robbed, attacked, has not always been someone asking for it. Please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Everyone who has been taken advantage of, robbed, attacked, has not always been someone asking for it. Please.
    That guy was asking for it - he had the audacity to live in Tucson.
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

He was saying that the blacks attack the blacks (which they do) or criminals only attack criminals (which is also correct) but lets not make this a race thing. I dont protect myself from someone robbing my drug supply (obviously i dont have one)

And I don't carry around my AR-15 to the mall, even though I would feel safer if I legally could.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The key language is that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Like Sticky said, it is a principle of freedom and liberty our founding fathers saw fit to put into our Constitution, second only to freedom of speech, religion and the press. Although the right to bear arms is important for people being able to protect themselves, it is arguably more important for the people to keep the government honest. Governments should fear the people, as they are supposed to serve the people, not the other way around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The key language is that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Like Sticky said, it is a principle of freedom and liberty our founding fathers saw fit to put into our Constitution, second only to freedom of speech, religion and the press. Although the right to bear arms is important for people being able to protect themselves, it is arguably more important for the people to keep the government honest. Governments should fear the people, as they are supposed to serve the people, not the other way around.
    +1. What is so hard to understand about this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

The scary part is it should be that we protect ourselves, that is what america is based upon, THE PEOPLE (us) defending our freedom and safety.

We have lost this mentality and I think thats what we need to go back to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As far as i know from previous threads you don't own a gun , so how safe has your life been till now without a gun?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Apparently a lot for people that live under powerful governments and don't understand true freedom.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

As far as i know from previous threads you don't own a gun , so how safe has your life been till now without a gun?
    Ask that too all the dead people in the recent shootings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Who are you talking to?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

to you , the reply function is not working

Edit : my mistake , pushing the wrong buttons

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The prospect of being armed is sometimes enough to deter a criminal. The fact that nobody knows exactly who is armed is part of the success. If everyone was stripped of weapons, it would be free reign for criminals. Kind of like how these sick people shoot up schools and churches, where they know the chances of a person being armed are extremely low.

If you don't believe me, go out and post a sign in your yard stating that your home is 100% gun-free.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    But anyways, lets say you're right, our government can step in and control more of its people, because obviously everyone wants our perfect government to take care of us, im sure they will do a good job. Anyways, they (somehow) make another 7 billion (not that they have it). All the responsible gun owners have their posesions taken away.
    Ohhhhhh - ok yeah that's a good reason to just keep going down the current path with dead kids littered on the side of the road - because you don't think the government will do a good job.
    And it's 7 TRILLION you idiot. And since you think the government does such a poor job - did you see how much money they MADE on their AIG investment ?? TWENTY BILLION DOLLARS. Yeah, by bailing out AIG and taking a large stake int he company, the government made the US taxpayer 20 billion dollars. So, yet again, you have ZERO to add tot he discussion except negativity and you have yet to make one single suggestion to help fix the problem. That's because people like ARE the problem.
    And when did I EVER suggest taking our guns away ??? Why don't you try and read what I've written above and quit drawing conclusion that do not exist ? I clearly outline how guns owners, like myself, will continue to be able to own guns....just not the same type we are able to own now.

o now that we in-theory we have no guns out their, and then our friends in mexico (that are criminals) say to themselves, people in America will want guns to commit crime, this is a huge business deal, and what do you think they start doing?

So not only will nobody be armed to defend themselves, you will have a business of arm's trafficking. I guess our government should then stop that too huh?

You think these mass murder people are scared of going to prison? They plan on killing themselves after. Prison has no affect on them.
    That's a fair point - but one that we wouldn't be able to address until it actually happened. But that is pretty much all you have for this discussion are "what if's". You are great at doubting everything yet still have yet to contribute anything positive to the problem or help solve it. Must be nice to be so ignorant.

That video shows a bunch of guys that got scared, If I was "breaking into" a house like this, those three shots would not have slowed me down, not with a group of guys. The guy is out numbered and without being able to out arm himself, he is defenseless. He did not stop any of them, he just scared them.. If they would have continued, with a 6-8-10 round magazine, he would have been dead.
    Hey, you are the one who posted the video as it would somehow support your argument when all it did was backfire on you and make you look like an even bigger fool than you already do. And so now you want to play the what if game again to dig yourself out of this hole....what if the guys had kept coming?? What if they weren't scared....Well the fact of the matter is that they WERE scared and all it took was three shots to make them turn tail and run which is what you should be doing right about now. Oh but you are a big tough guy, and you would have kept charging into gunfire LOL. How many times have you been shot at ?? [/QUOTE]

I state the fact that you don't have any idea about guns, rifles, or magazines.
    Really ?? And I firmly state the fact that you should stop making statements that you know nothing about:

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Yet you seem to want to tell us all about how they shouldn't be able to be used properly. I personally think its a good idea to know what you're talking about before you try to tell everyone else your opinions on something. And as it seems you are into "laws" you should care what the definition of a assault rife is.
    I really think you have a reading comprehension problem. I've never suggest HOW a gun should be used. Are you retarded ? All I've done is suggest how we can prevent massive loss of life. I've suggested changing they TYPE of guns that we can legally own. All you have done is bore us with your "definitions" and semantics yet again, you have zero to offer to actually help change the problem.

What you're missing is that guns are made to defend yourself, you need higher capacity magazines to defend yourself against multiple attackers.
    Well the video you just posted would suggest otherwise now wouldn't it ??? There were multiple, heavily armed attackers attempting to enter that guys house and all it took were three shots and they bugged out. So, please support your claims and provide us with some hard evidence because up until now all you have done is make yourself look like an ass.

A improperly used tool can cause significant damage, no matter what type of tool it is. (fertilizer for example)
    The only tool here is you. When have I ever suggested that guns CANNOT kill people ??? You keep making these broad generalities as if somehow they are going to help you when all they do is make you look ignorant and feeble.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    The prospect of being armed is sometimes enough to deter a criminal. The fact that nobody knows exactly who is armed is part of the success. If everyone was stripped of weapons, it would be free reign for criminals. Kind of like how these sick people shoot up schools and churches, where they know the chances of a person being armed are extremely low.

If you don't believe me, go out and post a sign in your yard stating that your home is 100% gun-free.
    Well where i live probably 80% of homes is gun free yet we don't see this violence you all seem to fear without guns at home.

We have enough crazy criminals since the borders have been opened for all the eastern european scum. Yet we don't see these people forcing themselves into our homes with assault rifles.

I feel much safer knowing its very hard to obtain a gun for the average joe.

I consider myself a healthy individual with a educated mind , yet i see enough people around me who are not like me.

The tought these people could go to a walmart an buy a shotgun and some ammo is beyond me.

If today in my country i would want to obtain a gun legally , i would need to pass many practical and mental exams. I would need to join a gun shooting club and attain that club on a regular base. I would need to renew my permit every few years.

I absolutely believe in protecting your home with all means neccesary but when i see .50CAL rifles beeing sold i wonder how much this has to do with home protection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am curious for those people who say that owning a gun is for self or home protection, how many of you have taken a human life? I understand that in a dire circumstance, a kill or be-killed mentality must be taken, but how many people are ready for the psychological effects of taking a life (even if it is in the name of protection)?
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    I am curious for those people who say that owning a gun is for self or home protection, how many of you have taken a human life? I understand that in a dire circumstance, a kill or be-killed mentality must be taken, but how many people are ready for the psychological effects of taking a life (even if it is in the name of protection)?
    If I were protecting my home and family - I wouldn't give it a second thought and would honestly be more upset at the mess it would make in my house.
    And no, I have never taken a life and hope I never have to. But, I did spend a weekend doing this class so I feel that I can handle myself should the situation ever arise.

http://www.critraining.com/Israeli_CQB.htm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

to you , the reply function is not working

Edit : my mistake , pushing the wrong buttons
    My home is armed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

If it is between myself and a criminal I don't really see the problem with any psychological effects.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I guess at the end of the day it means having at least some measures in place. Controls could never be introduced to stop all gun related deaths but surely most must agree some changes are needed.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it is between myself and a criminal I don't really see the problem with any psychological effects.
    I'd say quite a few US soldiers with PTSD would disagree with that.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I'd say quite a few US soldiers with PTSD would disagree with that.
    You don't see a difference between combat and protecting your person/possessions?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You don't see a difference between combat and protecting your person/possessions?
    Not really. I see a justified reason in harming another human being in both situations. Yet, soldiers (and police) have to deal with the psychological repercussions from doing that all the time. The difference is, in those situations, they are trained. And you, me, the regular homeowner, is not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast