Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nothing ridiculous about the price, if you compare it to the S65 kits. In fact the price is way cheap for an S85. Good job Gintani!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol, it's not rediculous if you compare it to another rediculously-priced BMW supercharger kits! $15k for a SC kit is insane.

A KB blower kit for the 5.0 is $7k and makes 800whp and 140mph traps (Boss 302).

The performance is great of the above M5 kit, but it is par for course in pricing. $15k? Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Lol, it's not rediculous if you compare it to another rediculously-priced BMW supercharger kits! $15k for a SC kit is insane.

A KB blower kit for the 5.0 is $7k and makes 800whp and 140mph traps (Boss 302).

The performance is great of the above M5 kit, but it is par for course in pricing. $15k? Lol
    How can you compare the simplicity of a domestic car to a complicated european luxury sedan. lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by disruptv Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, with upgraded headers (ie evolve-- if that even helps)how much psi do u think the stock motor can take safely? I see people running 7-8psi on stock s65 motors
    Same as the S65 across the board.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

You don't compare domestic to European for price for mods. Fail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

\show me this. i would say thats a fallacy, or built motor/race engine and definitly NOT realistic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like to see some track times??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

There are a lot more Mustang owners who supercharge their cars, economies of scale allow Mustang tuners to recoup their R&D costs more easily than a tuner who works on the E60 M5 because there are comparatively few M5 owners who will supercharge their cars, so each kit they sell has to cost more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    There are a lot more Mustang owners who supercharge their cars, economies of scale allow Mustang tuners to recoup their R&D costs more easily than a tuner who works on the E60 M5 because there are comparatively few M5 owners who will supercharge their cars, so each kit they sell has to cost more.
    Oh please. It's a custom mounting bracket and belt, it's not made out of some exotic metal or process. Just like the $3k+ exhaust systems, it's got a BMW tax.

The price and power for the 5.0 supercharger kit is legit. That motor is extremely impressive and makes outstanding power out of the box. They only charge $15k for supercharger kits on BMWs because people out there will pay for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Oh please. It's a custom mounting bracket and belt, it's not made out of some exotic metal or process. Just like the $3k+ exhaust systems, it's got a BMW tax.

The price and power for the 5.0 supercharger kit is legit. That motor is extremely impressive and makes outstanding power out of the box. They only charge $15k for supercharger kits on BMWs because people out there will pay for it.
    I think what he means is that the cost to test M5 products for POWER costs money to R&D. Same goes for supercharger, I am pretty sure its gonna cost more blowing a M5 engine compared to a Mustang engine. I do believe the price is still a little high compared to what you get but then again I am not testing so I dont know how much goes into it but the risk to build any mod for the M5 to have actualy power increases will cost more to R&D because of the lower M5 owners compared to Mustangs. I think it the kits were priced more competitvely around $7K there would be alot more ppl getting them and more sales but I dont know the figures these tuners are working with. Maybe they can chime in.

Seeing how alot of E60 M5s dont have warrantys and the cost of them has reduced alot since new, I would expect to see alot more SC kits once they prove the reliability factors thru members on forums. Gintani needs to step up with some real road kill videos, sort how how those RPI guys did it but then again they had some fishy tactics going on with their dynos I heard. Fan boys for the most.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

We understand the part about hardware. I'm sure all of us are familiar with what parts would reasonably cost. The tuning however is probably the major difference. Knowing the tuning differences between BMW highly encrypted ECU and other ECU are pretty hard. Not to many companies like to mess with them. BTW, do you see more Mustangs or M5's on the street.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Dumbest post ever.

Sticky, have to disagree on how it looks though. It could be cleaner IMO. That would be the only thing holding me back from getting one.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It's still a small market you can't just price it like you can for a 5.0. Look at how long these kits have even taken to come out, it isn't until now really that we are getting well tuned and well priced S85 kits. Until now, the market was in the $40k range for S85 superchargers.

If it's so cheap and simple, you go do it and blow everyone else away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    Dumbest post ever.
    Definitely not the smartest post ever...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

mild sarcasm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dyno dynamics dyno reads so low...140hp in drivetrain loss? We had 53hp on a DYNOmite Land and Sea..(If we now belive all actually have 507hp in the engine)

The final figure doesnt say much in my opinion though, its the diffrence between stock and modified that counts so 165+ up is serious! Good Work!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

The Gintani kit looks outstanding! If my beast weren't giving me problems, I'd love to jump on the promo pricing Click here to enlarge $13,500 installed is a STEAL!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    \show me this. i would say thats a fallacy, or built motor/race engine and definitly NOT realistic
    I agree that the pricing for the E60 S/C kit is very acceptable.. But he's actually got a point about the KB on the Boss 302.. This Boss is down around my way. I believe the first ever with this setup.

Her mods are listed in the video..

She made 854rwhp @ 21psi. That's her car on KB's website..

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/S...ustang2011.htm

Trust me, I was pretty damn shocked when I first heard about what it put down.. But it's true. Click here to enlarge

MSRP for the LC 3.6 Mammoth kit is $7,549.00

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/P.../PriceList.pdf

09' M3 AA Gen 2 Stage 2 SC
    07' C6 Z06
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO+1100cc Injectors
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2

Past:
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    09' C63 AMG - Silver
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam

11' E92 335is- Sapphire Blk
    11' F10 550i- Graphite
    10' E90 335i
    A/T-White
    08' E82 135i A/T- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning

11' F10 550i- Sapphire Blk
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    10' Audi S5
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    The Gintani kit looks outstanding! If my beast weren't giving me problems, I'd love to jump on the promo pricing Click here to enlarge $13,500 installed is a STEAL!

I agree that the pricing for the E60 S/C kit is very acceptable.. But he's actually got a point about the KB on the Boss 302.. This Boss is down around my way. I believe the first ever with this setup.

Her mods are listed in the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nJiK...1ZM4Q&index=14

She made 854rwhp @ 21psi. That's her car on KB's website..

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/S...ustang2011.htm

Trust me, I was pretty damn shocked when I first heard about what it put down.. But it's true. Click here to enlarge

MSRP for the LC 3.6 Mammoth kit is $7,549.00

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/P.../PriceList.pdf

Dude that's insane. +800whp on stock internals?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Lol. Looking at it again, it does. But this one is yummier Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nappy_time Click here to enlarge
    The intake reminds me of twinkies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

We will be showing you all videos as soon as we get a chance.

Please be patient we have been quite busy with a couple very exciting projects that will soon be revealed with some teasers.

Stay tuned.

Thank you all for the support and criticism.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Dude that's insane. +800whp on stock internals?
    Correct.. 100% stock internals
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Stage 2 SC
    07' C6 Z06
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO+1100cc Injectors
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2

Past:
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    09' C63 AMG - Silver
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam

11' E92 335is- Sapphire Blk
    11' F10 550i- Graphite
    10' E90 335i
    A/T-White
    08' E82 135i A/T- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning

11' F10 550i- Sapphire Blk
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    10' Audi S5
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    Correct.. 100% stock internals
    I want to see runs between Gintani E60M5 vs M5 F10....Click here to enlarge
    I have wait for those video runs in 1/2 years time no..
    Cannot decide anything before that.

Juha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ekselent Click here to enlarge
    I want to see runs between Gintani E60M5 vs M5 F10....Click here to enlarge
    I have wait for those video runs in 1/2 years time no..
    Cannot decide anything before that.

Juha
    Exactly this is what I would want to see also. Unbiased owners playing a head to head game. If you guys could get a ESS VT2 kit in the mix this could bring up a lot of sales. IMO if the Gintani car can keep up with the VT2 I would jump on this deal but if it outperforms it then thats much better for other clients. Lets see what Gintani puts out for videos for us that are on the fence.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by heavytiresmoke Click here to enlarge
    Exactly this is what I would want to see also. Unbiased owners playing a head to head game. If you guys could get a ESS VT2 kit in the mix this could bring up a lot of sales. IMO if the Gintani car can keep up with the VT2 I would jump on this deal but if it outperforms it then thats much better for other clients. Lets see what Gintani puts out for videos for us that are on the fence.
    ESS will never put their kit up against Gintani directly for any platform. It's been tried before.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well if Gintani could put out some videos with fair competitors then I think they could get a good amount of buyers unless they are already busy. I personally would def like to go down and visit them but just elapsed on time. Some videos and some 60-130 times would be nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast