Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    How big are the I.D.s of those primaries? Maybe it's just the pictures but they look a little larger than I expected. Are ID roughly the same size as the exhaust port on the head?

Either way, looks like great progress is being made. Good work Tony V!
    Been asked and answered in the stage 3 thread multiple times. Weld El Schedule 10. 1.6" id

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony in your opinion what are the other mods that need to be done for these stg3s to be optimal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The more mods you have, the more optimal it gets I would think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I'm pretty sure two GTX ball bearing turbos are going to spool faster than a single. I think this will be the preferred DD setup. I can't wait to see some results.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Yes I'm pretty sure two GTX ball bearing turbos are going to spool faster than a single. I think this will be the preferred DD setup. I can't wait to see some results.
    All I know is 80lb/min capacity is enough for me. 65 is the minimum to be worth the hassle for me. If RB could hit that I'd just go with them, but I think they're about 10 lb/min short of what I want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should prob be more specific too before someone says a single can spool as fast as TT. I mean, 2 GTX2871r ball bearing turbos should spool really fast on a 3.0L I6 motor and still easily hit 600 HP on e85 or meth.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The price jump from stage 2 to stage 3 is going to be substantial, not to mention to take advantage of the power these turbos support you need to upgrade a LOT of areas on your car, if that makes you feel any better about your choice...Click here to enlarge
    This statement makes me feel a lot better about which vendor to choose.Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    All I know is 80lb/min capacity is enough for me. 65 is the minimum to be worth the hassle for me. If RB could hit that I'd just go with them, but I think they're about 10 lb/min short of what I want.
    I am not going to lie, if the Vargas Stage 2 upgrade is able to flow about 60-65lb/min, I may very well jump on that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I am not going to lie, if the Vargas Stage 2 upgrade is able to flow about 60-65lb/min, I may very well jump on that.
    They will not. You are referring to 600-650hp worth of flow. Our stage2's use 15T compressor wheels. Same as the RB's. If you want to see 600 reliable hp you will need to go single or true upgraded twins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice work....manifolds look good.
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    They will not. You are referring to 600-650hp worth of flow. Our stage2's use 15T compressor wheels. Same as the RB's. If you want to see 600 reliable hp you will need to go single or true upgraded twins.
    honesty Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123