Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

11.93 BMW X1 1/4 mile - new N55 xdrive record

If you have been following my thread (http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...y-Driver-Build) you will see that I have been trying to build the best all around BMW X1 I can - able to run a sub 12 second 1/4 mile, lap mid-ohio faster than a M3, and retain the luxury and utility of the vehicle for the perfect daily driver.

I am one step closer to my goal today as I have furthered my N55 xdrive record with a 11.930 pass at Tri State raceway. This was my first time to the track with the Pure Turbo upgrade and there is at least another mph trap speed in it once I refine my boost targets. I am bumping into the limits of the tmap sensor not being able to read over 21psi, as well as the JB4's 21psi failsafe (I kick to failsafe mode sometimes after shifts due to boost spike). I am guessing I will wind up around 11.7 here. There were a few passes with better launches and higher speed (93mph by the 1/8) but I always hit boost safety during those.

Mod list:

X1 35i M-sport
    JRZ RS1 coilovers
    Pure Turbo N55 Stage 1
    BMS JB4 ISO with flexfuel wires
    BMS Intake
    BMS downpipe
    ER intercooler/chargepipe
    NGK plugs
    Apex wheels with Direzza Zii
    50% e85 mix - I REALLY need a new fuel pump to make this percentage mix stable.

Here is the timeslip, a video of the run (against my friend and very fast Camaro SS, also an 11 second car), and my log.

http://www.datazap.me/u/paradoxical3/11930-x1-14-mile

I am also proud that this is not just a straight line car!

I am very happy with the Pure Turbo setup. I am already 5+mph faster in trap in my first try and it will probably wind up with 6-7mph faster. For the $850 price I got in the group buy, it is the cheapest power available and makes the car a LOT more fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats man. I've loved watching your build for some time and knew it was only a (short) matter of time before you were in the 11s.

-Rich
    2010 E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD Graphite Luster Metallic (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's very impressive! Grats!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

E84 X1 with Pure Turbo upgraded N55 turbocharger sets new X1 and N55 xDrive 1/4 mile record with 11.9@116 pass

11 second BMW X1? Yep. Congratulations to BimmerBoost member paradoxical3 who managed to break into the 11's with his modified BMW X1. He had Pure Turbo modify the OEM N55 turbocharger and the result is a 11.930 @ 116.11 in the 1/4 mile. Yes, that is quicker and faster than a BMW X5M with its 560 horsepower S63 4.4 liter twin turbo V8. A modified X1 can easily run with the big boys and shows how important power to weight is.

This 11.930 @ 116.11 pass improves quite a bit on @paradoxical3's bolt on performance which produced a 12.137 @ 111.20 in the 1/4 mile. The car clearly gained quite a bit of horsepower with the turbo upgrade as evidenced by the trap speed and there is also definitely more in it as the tuning evolves.

Timeslip and further details in the owner's own words below:

Click here to enlarge

Paradoxical3:

If you have been following my thread (http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...y-Driver-Build) you will see that I have been trying to build the best all around BMW X1 I can - able to run a sub 12 second 1/4 mile, lap mid-ohio faster than a M3, and retain the luxury and utility of the vehicle for the perfect daily driver.

I am one step closer to my goal today as I have furthered my N55 xdrive record with a 11.930 pass at Tri State raceway. This was my first time to the track with the Pure Turbo upgrade and there is at least another mph trap speed in it once I refine my boost targets. I am bumping into the limits of the tmap sensor not being able to read over 21psi, as well as the JB4's 21psi failsafe (I kick to failsafe mode sometimes after shifts due to boost spike). I am guessing I will wind up around 11.7 here. There were a few passes with better launches and higher speed (93mph by the 1/8) but I always hit boost safety during those.

Mod list:

X1 35i M-sport
    JRZ RS1 coilovers
    Pure Turbo N55 Stage 1
    BMS JB4 ISO with flexfuel wires
    BMS Intake
    BMS downpipe
    ER intercooler/chargepipe
    NGK plugs
    Apex wheels with Direzza Zii
    50% e85 mix - I REALLY need a new fuel pump to make this percentage mix stable.

Here is the timeslip, a video of the run (against my friend and very fast Camaro SS, also an 11 second car), and my log.

http://www.datazap.me/u/paradoxical3/11930-x1-14-mile

I am also proud that this is not just a straight line car!

I am very happy with the Pure Turbo setup. I am already 5+mph faster in trap in my first try and it will probably wind up with 6-7mph faster. For the $850 price I got in the group buy, it is the cheapest power available and makes the car a LOT more fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this the x1 tuned by turn in concepts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Badass little sleeper you got there ! Not an expert on turbo bimmers but wouldn't an n20 tmap sensor help you with dealing with the higher boost levels?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congratulations my friend!
    Hopefully we can get back out this coming weekend. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm glad you hit it. I'm sure there's more in it too. I was in line during the glory pass, but happy I was at least "there" lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, what a sleeper. This is awesome...Can't believe you're hanging with a GTR around corners too!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really impressive for an N55. Congrats!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think you should be able to do 11.70 or maybe even 11.60 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome! I bet with the new turbo you'll really be giving those GTR's a hard time Click here to enlarge
    Good luck and keep the rubber side down! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There is a mistake in the article. the X5M Engine is 4.4 not 5.5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dcmetro Click here to enlarge
    There is a mistake in the article. the X5M Engine is 4.4 not 5.5
    You are correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    Is this the x1 tuned by turn in concepts?
    I did the tuning via Jb4 (well, I wouldn't even really call it tuning since you can only adjust boost levels by rpm on N55, not target AFR and such), but Turn in Concepts installed my JRZ suspension and the turbo. They did a great job with both.

How did you know?
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw something back a while ago on their facebook page about the mid Ohio lap and I've heard Tony talk about the car a little. I thought he had said they tuned it, but likely was remembering stuff from different cars and mashing it all together. Nice work on the car's setup nonetheless.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    I did the tuning via Jb4 (well, I wouldn't even really call it tuning since you can only adjust boost levels by rpm on N55, not target AFR and such), but Turn in Concepts installed my JRZ suspension and the turbo. They did a great job with both.

How did you know?