Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

JB4 335 vs. Cobalt SS Trifecta Tune

So my buddy @fastgti69 and I got together last night in Mexico for some friendly runs.
    That Cobalt of his MOVES! Surprised the $#@! out of me that's for sure! Caught me slipping a couple of times and could not catch him!(traction,limpmode,sleeping)Click here to enlarge
    His car is going to be a sick roll race car once he's done with his big turbo upgrade. All you locals beware!

Here's a vid...more to come as I/we edit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Sick video angle seriously. I need to show my camera guy how to record next time but I'm working on uploading and fixing some videos I have.

Your car in the end is definitely faster than mine lol. Those few good runs when you got traction I had no chance.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Here we go. Finished edited and uploaded. I tried to remember what happened during all those runs. I hope I get all them right in the captions. All these runs were filmed in Mexico. It was good meeting you man. You're a cool guy and we have to set up more runs soon! Your car hauls ass, I can't imagine it in racegas file. As I said sorry for the fuzzy/blurryness of the video. You can tell what's going on though, enjoy!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Your footage looks way better. Most of the stuff I have is way too dark.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

We'll get better runs in don't worry. Daytime footage. I got someone else that's down to joins us next time. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    We'll get better runs in don't worry. Daytime footage. I got someone else that's down to joins us next time. Click here to enlarge
    I'm down! Set it up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is that how the Cobalt sounds or are you just not lifting off of the throttle in between shifts?
    Click here to enlarge
    Bimmers + Chipotle + Beautiful Women = Life is Good

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

@fastgti69
    Here are the runs we did before we noticed the Gopro was facing down.
    This is one of the runs the car went into Limp.

@Sticky
    We should have unlimited time to edit OP's!!!
    Last edited by alpinedevil335; 07-02-2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: sticky is gay

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by silvergray545 Click here to enlarge
    Is that how the Cobalt sounds or are you just not lifting off of the throttle in between shifts?
    The first run that we started in second gear, I lifted off throttle during the 2 shifts. All other runs I was no lift shifting lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    @fastgti69
    Here are the runs we did before we noticed the Gopro was facing down.
    This is one of the runs the car went into Limp.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfLe2jyFuJM&hd=1

@Sticky
    ^^ not a bad video, got two runs in there as well lol.

X2 OP original post should have unlimited editing time!!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So my buddy @fastgti69 and I got together last night in Mexico for some friendly runs.
    That Cobalt of his MOVES! Surprised the $#@! out of me that's for sure! Caught me slipping a couple of times and could not catch him!(traction,limpmode,sleeping)Click here to enlarge
    His car is going to be a sick roll race car once he's done with his big turbo upgrade. All you locals beware!

Here's a vid...more to come as I/we edit.

Ive been looking for his ride...I run a ucla plate if you see me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

can i has mod list on the cars? and have you guys ran 1/4 ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    can i has mod list on the cars? and have you guys ran 1/4 ?
    I've done 1/4 mile passes on my previous 335 but not with this one.
    I'm not sure about fastgti69.
    09' 335i
    Tune only JB4(E85) auto tune map

10' Cobalt SS
    Trifecta Tune 23psi
    K&N Short Ram Intake
    3" Catless Down pipe No muffler
    CXRacing intercooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

2 bad you in cali would of loved to run you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    The first run that we started in second gear, I lifted off throttle during the 2 shifts. All other runs I was no lift shifting lol.
    Lol that's what I figured. I did a no lift shift once and found it to be absolutely worthless lol. I still don't understand its purpose.
    Click here to enlarge
    Bimmers + Chipotle + Beautiful Women = Life is Good

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

A buddy of mine has a turbo cobalt ss. It def impresses me more than the old supercharged ones they came out with at first. They are pretty quick with some bolt ons and gas!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I prefer a bump to the thread to update, keeps discussion going.

If you edit there is no way to inform the forum your post was edited. A new post does exactly that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

hat Cobalt of his MOVES! Surprised the $#@! out of me that's for sure! Caught me slipping a couple of times and could not catch him!(traction,limpmode,sleeping)
    Looked like you pulled easy?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chadd Click here to enlarge
    Ive been looking for his ride...I run a ucla plate if you see me.
    I'm lookin too brotha!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    2 bad you in cali would of loved to run you
    Davai ede suda.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by silvergray545 Click here to enlarge
    Lol that's what I figured. I did a no lift shift once and found it to be absolutely worthless lol. I still don't understand its purpose.
    It makes a little difference to be honest. There is like one second of pause when I let off the gas. I don't do is usually but since his car is an AT and faster and I had a passenger over him. I wont be doing that when I get my new clutch and turbo kit in. I'm not trying to blow my transmission.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    A buddy of mine has a turbo cobalt ss. It def impresses me more than the old supercharged ones they came out with at first. They are pretty quick with some bolt ons and gas!
    Hell yea, the supercharged ones are retarded. They messed up on the way to FI a 2.0 I4. Now it's one of the best FWD performance cars from factory.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hell yea lmao, that last run is like me vs my homies vette. Just pulls like that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I prefer a bump to the thread to update, keeps discussion going.

If you edit there is no way to inform the forum your post was edited. A new post does exactly that.
    Most if not all people are pretty good about bumping a thread when OP is updated. To me a bump is common sense after an OP update.

Not as easy as I thought.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

To me a bump is common sense after an OP update.
    Most people are not that bright.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Most people are not that bright.
    Is there any for you to setup some sort of "auto-bump" when a OP is updated?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Is there any for you to setup some sort of "auto-bump" when a OP is updated?
    Good idea, let me look into it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yeee
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast