Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

@TRES Clean car & fast install dude. Good feedback.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Nice, my kit doesn't arrive until Friday =O
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Those instructions are awesome lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

lol

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @TRES Clean car & fast install dude. Good feedback.
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lookin gooooood! eager to drop it off for testing..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

those were special,just for TRES....i feel violated lol.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TRES Click here to enlarge
    no nvh
    Bring the rainClick here to enlarge....I'm gonna hold off releasing the partial kit until you've gotten the opportunity to run it through varying weather conditions, road surfaces,etc,etc. Once your absolutely confident that you can't produce hop/vibration/shudder with the Delrin's, I'll officially add the partial kit to the list.I'd rather play it safe than sorry....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The next rain day is sunday so I'm just gonna soak the road and give it a go. So far Ive tested it in the cold, smooth roads, rough roads and its flawless. But sunday when it rains i will give the feedback I'm 98% sure the wheel hop is eliminated.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    Bring the rainClick here to enlarge....I'm gonna hold off releasing the partial kit until you've gotten the opportunity to run it through varying weather conditions, road surfaces,etc,etc. Once your absolutely confident that you can't produce hop/vibration/shudder with the Delrin's, I'll officially add the partial kit to the list.I'd rather play it safe than sorry....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

The next rain day is sunday so I'm just gonna soak the road and give it a go. So far Ive tested it in the cold, smooth roads, rough roads and its flawless. But sunday when it rains i will give the feedback I'm 98% sure the wheel hop is eliminated.
    Awesome man. Just make sure your'e 110% sure, I don't care if it takes a month. Perfection overrules any other needs,sales,etc. I'm shooting for a flawless record, That's job #1. Glad you could sneak it in with such easeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

ok will do

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    Awesome man. Just make sure your'e 110% sure, I don't care if it takes a month. Perfection overrules any other needs,sales,etc. I'm shooting for a flawless record, That's job #1. Glad you could sneak it in with such easeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Looks very promising.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Looks good, shame I already have solid diff bushings Click here to enlarge
    I don't want to have to get in there again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmerocious Click here to enlarge
    I take it you still have wheelhop issues with just the solid bushings on the diff?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Stay tuned, pending feedback from TRES there may be a lower cost and easier to install partial kit available for those with solid mounts and delrin's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Some but I wouldn't even say its bad at all. I've only noticed it when it's raining now to be honest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    (CANT QUOTE)
    Rick:
    I would be down for that, I remember seeing a shop that did a one off custom mount that looked pretty easy to install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

(CANT QUOTE)
    I don't see why not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

These look pretty cool, is there a DIY on installing these?
    08 135i | Alpine White | 6 Speed | M Sports pkg |
    | Berger Intake | Code 3 intercooler | Riss 3 inch Dps | Berk Exhaust | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Euro 1M/LCI Headlights | BMS OCC | Drag DR-37 18X8 ET 40 | 245/35R-18 Kumho Ecsta XS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Kit arrived today, looks like it's in great condition.

Time to book my mechanic and wait for better weather Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I could've used this before shearing the diff pin and after replacing the diff, snapping an axleshaft with wheelhop on street tires at the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I don't see why not.
    This happened to me when i was new. Quoting violates the "no posting links" rule, and it isnt all the time, just occasionally. Im sure this is what he is experiencing as well. Its the same thing i PMed you about but you couldnt help.... Hes not quoting something with a link in it either, it just refuses to post with quotes.

Back OT, As far as the lock down kit, any idea what the partial kit will cost? Will the install be much easier (aka no differential drop)?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The partial kit is very easy to install no diff drop. the hardest part might be getting the top bolt off but a u joint and the right extension will do the trick. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    This happened to me when i was new. Quoting violates the "no posting links" rule, and it isnt all the time, just occasionally. Im sure this is what he is experiencing as well. Its the same thing i PMed you about but you couldnt help.... Hes not quoting something with a link in it either, it just refuses to post with quotes.

Back OT, As far as the lock down kit, any idea what the partial kit will cost? Will the install be much easier (aka no differential drop)?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The partial kit is very easy to install no diff drop. the hardest part might be getting the top bolt off but a u joint and the right extension will do the trick.
    Not bad, i can do that Click here to enlarge Had some bad wheelhop on the way home today. I havent been running Stg 1 for a while (well, without tons of misfires and issues) until recently. Now im starting to feel that wheel hop issue haha It wasnt terribly bad though.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

///M variant research begins Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast