Close

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    This is new to me, what is the max PSI that you can dial in before the misfire starts ?
    Haven't had time to test it that much, so I don't know exactly. Did a couple of pulls in JMARS car at lower boost and it was good.

This issue was just found last week, so it's still new. I didn't have time last week to really delve into it as I work full time for my engineering firm and I also had law school finals last week. I'm hoping this week I can really get to testing different scenarios.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Interesting theory...I'll chew on that one for a little bit.
    Personally I suspect the cause is somewhere in the flash. But the DME is very sensitive with it's misfire detection so you just never know... eliminate any possible outside cause you can. You can use a Cobb to eliminate/vindicate the flash, as well, with Shiv's help. If you get to the end of the rope where it's time to pull the head next. Then bypass misfire detection as the last step.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I think everyone is a little confused by your neutralism when it comes to this topic. It's pretty obvious in this situation that right now, it seems like a Procede specific issue. Yes other cars have had mysterious misfires running different tunes, but those people never fully ruled all potential hardware issues.

Your neutralism almost looks like you're defending Shiv and his tune, which is downright offensive and blasphemous.

How dare you.
    I know eh? Click here to enlarge I am and never have been the one to attack or defend anything where it wasn't called for and for good reason. Its public domain that I don't like Shiv and his business ethics. Procede hardware also had clear limitations in the past on this platform which were always construed by him in a different light with people getting banned and ridiculed, myself included, for pointing them out in the past.

All I'm saying is given my experience troubleshooting this issue that I strongly believe this is something non related to the way piggybacks work, procede included.

P.S. By the way, how dare you say I'm defending Shiv LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can the G5 and BMS Cobb run the STs? If so, why don't the ST guys do that? Not saying all problems will be instantly fixed, but with these problems 6 months after laugh it really cant hurt to try... would be funny if the fix was to ditch procede lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Can the G5 and Cobb run the STs? If so, why don't the ST guys do that? Not saying all problems will be instantly fixed, but with these problems 6 months after laugh it really cant hurt to try...
    Technically yes, but we have not written the JB4 boost control code for a single turbo yet. I can't do that until I have one in house to play with for a week or two. So they would be forced to run off the wastegate spring.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Technically yes, but we have not written the JB4 boost control code for a single turbo yet. I can't do that until I have one in house to play with for a week or two. So they would be forced to run off the wastegate spring.
    Hermmmm. Wonder if there is one floating around SoCal? Up here in the Bay I am surrounded by these STs apparently, but I haven't seen one yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    P.S. By the way, how dare you say I'm defending Shiv LOL
    Vishnu nut hugger for sure. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stop posting guys!! Apparently Shiv had to schedule another emergency operation due to this thread as his nose grows by an inch every time this thread gains a page. It's really weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vishnu nut hugger for sure. Click here to enlarge
    LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hermmmm. Wonder if there is one floating around SoCal? Up here in the Bay I am surrounded by these STs apparently, but I haven't seen one yet.
    I can just imagine the online drama if I borrowed a Vishnu car for week. I have been tempted to just order an FFTEC setup for our 135i to play around with but I really have been very happy with the RBs performance. I do like the FFTEC manifold though. And I have no doubt we could do a better job of tuning it. Click here to enlarge

Side note, I wonder if the o2 sensor placement is related to the misfires? The annoying thing about this stuff is it really could be anything.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can just imagine the online drama if I borrowed a Vishnu car for week. I have been tempted to just order an FFTEC setup for our 135i to play around with but I really have been very happy with the RBs performance. I do like the FFTEC manifold though. And I have no doubt we could do a better job of tuning it. Click here to enlarge

Side note, I wonder if the o2 sensor placement is related to the misfires? The annoying thing about this stuff is it really could be anything.
    You already do their tech support you might as well move onto their tuning too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 on this, I kinda had a strong feeling this was going to go wild when someone, who wasnt shy, brought their car out to a renown track event. Cudos to GeorgiaTech335Coupe

If ya think about it he could have went out to one of the regular PBIR events at night and not be noticed, thus show the brother had nothing to hide

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I think the end game for this platform is a single log manifold with twin turbos one of which is actuated by a servo controlled butterfly valve. I think we need more in that direction. When I finish this 240z motor swap, I may try that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Im telling you lol

im this close to pulling the trigger on the Custom 6266 project but all this nonsense has me hesitating. The offer still stands, ill buy you a round trip flight to florida to figure the boost control out. If you accept ill pull the trigger and put the car in the shop to get built Click here to enlarge The car would be ready for boost control by the end of January ish if i pull the trigger

other wise i guess im going RBs lol

I know we can run off the wastegate fixed boost, but i want to have boost control as an insurance policy Click here to enlarge

I really want to do this project but I will not go the FFTec / vishnu route lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Im telling you lol

im this close to pulling the trigger on the Custom 6266 project but all this nonsense has me hesitating. The offer still stands, ill buy you a round trip flight to florida to figure the boost control out. If you accept ill pull the trigger and put the car in the shop to get built Click here to enlarge The car would be ready for boost control by the end of January ish if i pull the trigger
    It's one of those things I'd have to do here on a non-rushed timeframe. Would need a car for maybe a week or so. Click here to enlarge

But maybe wait it out for more single track times on autos. So far I think the RBs might put down better ETs.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You already do their tech support you might as well move onto their tuning too.
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's one of those things I'd have to do here on a non-rushed timeframe. Would need a car for maybe a week or so. Click here to enlarge

But maybe wait it out for more single track times on autos. So far I think the RBs might put down better ETs.
    any idea what it would cost to ship you my car?

i work 2 on 2 off in alaska so time is my friend lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im telling you lol

other wise i guess im going RBs lol

I know we can run off the wastegate fixed boost, but i want to have boost control as an insurance policy Click here to enlarge

I really want to do this project but I will not go the FFTec / vishnu route lol
    If you decide to go the ST route ship your car to Terry, I am sure you two can work something out at the end that will benefit both of you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Usually around $800 each way, maybe less, but the real $#@! is dealing with the shipping companies. I shipped a car to Iraq once. That was interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS

if its in the 800$ each way ballpark, ill ship.. are you in?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Fairly expensive. I bet $1500ish round trip. But no problem tuning it if you ship it down. Just make sure it's running well otherwise and not leaking anything. You can pay for the shipping fees and I'll send it home with a new AP and dyno charts. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fairly expensive. I bet $1500ish.
    one way or roundtrip? lol

edit it would ship from and back to florida

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fairly expensive. I bet $1500ish round trip. But no problem tuning it if you ship it down. Just make sure it's running well otherwise and not leaking anything. You can pay for the shipping fees and I'll send it home with a new AP and dyno charts. Click here to enlarge
    K sounds like a deal.. you can have it as long as you need. You will work on boost controlling it correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    K sounds like a deal.. you can have it as long as you need. You will work on boost controlling it correct?
    No I want to focus on more important things with it like angel eye development and BMS license plate frame design. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No I want to focus on more important things with it like angel eye development and BMS license plate frame design. Click here to enlarge
    ok youre on Click here to enlarge

ill be in touch with you thru email again soon

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast