Close

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Its weird. I don't have any wheel hop at all. I don't get it. The only mod I have is a rear sway bar and 275mm nonrfts. I mean, I'm glad I don't, but I can't figure out why others do.
    with over 400whp and 450wtq in my 6at on invos, even launching hard at 3k+ in 2nd gear and cuttin 1.7x 60ft I never had wheel hop but it seems again its the case of these n54s being so finicky lol. no 2 are the same
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Not my data, so I don't have access to it.

When I get around to it, I'll do some 60-130 runs. I'll do some with and without NLS too so we can see what the difference is.
    well, it would have been nice to see the comparison prior to debating it, as it reduces validity through bias. not that im accusng, but it will now have that stigma.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    I'd gladly let an AT owner take my car down the strip once this weekend in Orlando to see how much fun it is trying to launch this car.
    I'll take you up on that offer if you end up going to the PBIR event on Jan. 27. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So far very uneventful. I haven't been able to get any traction in 1st or 2nd. Just goes straight to redline. Not 1 clean pass yet. Track prep is very bad. Best trap so far is a little over 122, but that isn't on a clean run. Also, sometimes I'm getting a misfire on cylinder 3 at redline. I think I have a bad coil. I'm still running so hopefully I can get at least 1 clean run. Otherwise that's $213 down the drain for track fee.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So far very uneventful. I haven't been able to get any traction in 1st or 2nd. Just goes straight to redline. Not 1 clean pass yet. Track prep is very bad. Best trap so far is a little over 122, but that isn't on a clean run. Also, sometimes I'm getting a misfire on cylinder 3 at redline. I think I have a bad coil. I'm still running so hopefully I can get at least 1 clean run. Otherwise that's $213 down the drain for track fee.
    Sucks, let us know how it goes. any vids yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Sucks, let us know how it goes. any vids yet?
    None yet. I have my gopro but not really worth doing until I can run the car respectably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Swap the coil over to say #1 to see if the misfire moves with it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Something else isn't right with my car. FP voltage is all over the place, bank 1 AFR and STFt are all over the place. I can feel the car making weird hiccups during the pull. This really sucks. I'm beginning to lose my patience trying fix this car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    u running slicks? According to Shiv that is what is needed to run 10's in this very streetable car lol...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For reference, there was a stock 2013 GT500 that was trapping between 125-127.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats what they generally trap. Damn, GT500 is sounding more appealing everyday, but the price hurts a bit. Hopefully you get your issues worked out. Good luck man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Something else isn't right with my car. FP voltage is all over the place, bank 1 AFR and STFt are all over the place. I can feel the car making weird hiccups during the pull. This really sucks. I'm beginning to lose my patience trying fix this car.
    Are you able to monitor low fuel pressure in addition to high fuel pressure? Do you have the upgraded in tank pump yet?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Are you able to monitor low fuel pressure in addition to high fuel pressure? Do you have the upgraded in tank pump yet?
    Stock fuel system. This is the first time I've seen the car run like this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just upgrade your LPFP. Easy and cheap fix. E85 Walbro is $179.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah sucks man. This is why I always tell people to get or borrow a vbox and do some runs on closed roads to make sure their cars are running strong before hitting the strip. This way you find any issues and address them on time and then just hit the strip to optimize traction for launches and grab those slips.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What fuel? If octane is there you could lean it out to take some stress off the fuel system.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Ah sucks man. This is why I always tell people to get or borrow a vbox and do some runs on closed roads to make sure their cars are running strong before hitting the strip. This way you find any issues and address them on time and then just hit the strip to optimize traction for launches and grab those slips.
    I have a vbox, but just got the clutch broken in last night so didn't have time to test. Plus I was already committed to this. It's always something with this car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm gonna call it a day. Something isn't right with the car. Sorry I couldn't get a good run in. Hopefully I can figure out what it is and get some vbox 1/4 and 60-130 in this week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya definitely get it dialed in with the vbox first. Drag strip action doesn't work out well most times even when the car is 100%. Applaud your efforts and looking forward to some vbox action. At least the car didn't misfire on bank2 anymore..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That sucks, man. Seems like you have yet to get a chance to enjoy your car to its full potential. Best of luck getting the new issues resolved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    That sucks, man. Seems like you have yet to get a chance to enjoy your car to its full potential. Best of luck getting the new issues resolved.
    Thanks. Jan 27, this car better be up to par or it's going off the side of a cliff.

Ive spent so much money on injectors coils and plugs it's ridiculous. 20 injectors, about as many coils and 4 sets of plugs. I just want the damn car to run flawlessly for just a month. Is that too much to ask?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    same thing they do here at Atco Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This is solid advice, usually one only learns the hardway. Another viable option is to dyno the day before, kills 2 birds.. Gets you the data you need in a safe controlled environment, and a different set of numbers to compare/show Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's your plug gap? You're on 5992s right? If it moves with the coil it MIGHT not be the coil. I had misfires moving with a coil, and yah the coil was weaker than the others, but it was some software settings. Once I got a replacement coil it just moved to the next weakest coil. I got an extra coil for diagnostics now though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    What's your plug gap? You're on 5992s right? If it moves with the coil it MIGHT not be the coil. I had misfires moving with a coil, and yah the coil was weaker than the others, but it was some software settings. Once I got a replacement coil it just moved to the next weakest coil. I got an extra coil for diagnostics now though!
    Gap is 23 I think. Maybe 24. Going to replace the coil since its cheap and see what happens. Im more cOncerned about the odd bank 1 fueling. Haven't seen that before.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    same thing they do here at Atco Click here to enlarge

This is solid advice, usually one only learns the hardway. Another viable option is to dyno the day before, kills 2 birds.. Gets you the data you need in a safe controlled environment, and a different set of numbers to compare/show Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I was pointing out the trap speed of the gt500 so everyone could gauge the air. Only real stock car out there.

Normally I would do runs n highway to make sure everything is good, but I literally got my clutch finished being broken in last night.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast