Close

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 1091
  1. #726
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    Your probably right, if you do a search for "Dual mass flywheel misfire" in google you will see lots of information tied to it. Again, I am not saying this is the "solution" since no one has actually replaced there's yet, I'm merely saying it's worth a look into. The fact that these guys need to pay out of pocket kinda sucks though.
    It sure does. Hopefully there aren't more surprise costs associated with the kit. For the sake of the ST guys, I sure hope this ends their frustrations.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  2. #727
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Points
    2,483.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    Drivability, no. Not really. Drives almost the same. the LWFW revs a lot faster than the DMFW but that's about it. It's all about the noise. The LWFW is obnoxiously loud. I hated it. The twin disk I have on my Evo is almost silent and it has a LWFW. I would suggest to all of the upgraded turbo guys to def look into twin disk. After driving one now I would never go back to that nonsense single disk.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Is there a terrible difference in driveability in between the flywheels?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  3. #728
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,961
    Rep Points
    2,643.3
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    +1 on twin disk... pricey but you have a ST do it right...

    and +10000 on TMO being a dueche... he didnt do a damn thing but read another persons idea , than use that idea for his own good, and claim he figured it out than withheld all information bc he knew people would just call him out on taking someone elses idea..

    and + rep for carl morris just quoting his thread to take every last bit of remaining credibility for TMO away...

    too funny...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  4. #729
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    682.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    It sure does. Hopefully there aren't more surprise costs associated with the kit. For the sake of the ST guys, I sure hope this ends their frustrations.
    This has nothing to do with single turbos, if this is indeed the issue it will be an issue for ANYONE (dzenno) with any upgrades that make a good amount of power.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #730
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    This has nothing to do with single turbos, if this is indeed the issue it will be an issue for ANYONE (dzenno) with any upgrades that make a good amount of power.
    Agree
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #731
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    +1 on twin disk... pricey but you have a ST do it right...

    and +10000 on TMO being a dueche... he didnt do a damn thing but read another persons idea , than use that idea for his own good, and claim he figured it out than withheld all information bc he knew people would just call him out on taking someone elses idea..

    and + rep for carl morris just quoting his thread to take every last bit of remaining credibility for TMO away...

    too funny...
    I drove a customer car with the twin disk FX850 in it and I really really didn't like it. I don't know if it was install related but the thing was engaging maybe 1-1.5" off the top of the clutch pedal travel. The shop that did the install on his car also installed his UUC SSK and didn't do it right (it was backwards Click here to enlarge) so anything is possible. At this moment I'm not sure if I can personally recommend the FX850 as much as I can the SPEC Stage2+ and 3+ (even with their aluminum flywheel) as I've heard and driven those as well on "this" particular car. One thing to keep in mind is clutch setups can behave differently on different platforms so comparing a twin disk on another car to this car can be apples to oranges.

    If I do get to personally try another twin disk CM FX-850 and it behaves a bit better (clutch pedal travel mostly) I'll definitely look into talking to CM and possibly carrying this clutch as well along side SPEC. I'm sticking to recommending and carrying ONLY parts that are WELL known to perform on this platform and have been tested significantly both on on the road and drag strip and/or road courses. This way proper recommendations for the type of driving can be made and people don't need to guess when making their choices out there. We simply won't just put up anything and everything on the website just so we have them available, not what we do...
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #732
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Points
    2,483.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    FBIS has a twin disk if I remember right. It's hard to get a good opinion out of him though because from his reviews he seems to love everything.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I drove a customer car with the twin disk FX850 in it and I really really didn't like it. I don't know if it was install related but the thing was engaging maybe 1-1.5" off the top of the clutch pedal travel. The shop that did the install on his car also installed his UUC SSK and didn't do it right (it was backwards Click here to enlarge) so anything is possible. At this moment I'm not sure if I can personally recommend the FX850 as much as I can the SPEC Stage2+ and 3+ (even with their aluminum flywheel) as I've heard and driven those as well on "this" particular car. One thing to keep in mind is clutch setups can behave differently on different platforms so comparing a twin disk on another car to this car can be apples to oranges.

    If I do get to personally try another twin disk CM FX-850 and it behaves a bit better (clutch pedal travel mostly) I'll definitely look into talking to CM and possibly carrying this clutch as well along side SPEC. I'm sticking to recommending and carrying ONLY parts that are WELL known to perform on this platform and have been tested significantly both on on the road and drag strip and/or road courses. This way proper recommendations for the type of driving can be made and people don't need to guess when making their choices out there. We simply won't just put up anything and everything on the website just so we have them available, not what we do...
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  8. #733
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    This has nothing to do with single turbos, if this is indeed the issue it will be an issue for ANYONE (dzenno) with any upgrades that make a good amount of power.
    R&D goes a long way before releasing a "finished" product. I'm sure we all could agree with that.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  9. #734
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    R&D goes a long way before releasing a "finished" product. I'm sure we all could agree with that.
    Considering there's a 2-4k markup in those prices for "R&D" it better be market ready.

  10. #735
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    682.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    R&D goes a long way before releasing a "finished" product. I'm sure we all could agree with that.

    We must have massively different ideas of what R&D of a turbo kit involves. You keep making it sound like this is a single turbo only issue that could have been solved with "R&D"... Again, this could hit ANYONE making a lot of power - single/twins/whatever. Assuming the flywheel is the issue, this is a flywheel issue.. not a lack of R&D of a turbo kit issue.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

    Click here to enlarge

  11. #736
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,961
    Rep Points
    2,643.3
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I drove a customer car with the twin disk FX850 in it and I really really didn't like it. I don't know if it was install related but the thing was engaging maybe 1-1.5" off the top of the clutch pedal travel. The shop that did the install on his car also installed his UUC SSK and didn't do it right (it was backwards Click here to enlarge) so anything is possible. At this moment I'm not sure if I can personally recommend the FX850 as much as I can the SPEC Stage2+ and 3+ (even with their aluminum flywheel) as I've heard and driven those as well on "this" particular car. One thing to keep in mind is clutch setups can behave differently on different platforms so comparing a twin disk on another car to this car can be apples to oranges.

    If I do get to personally try another twin disk CM FX-850 and it behaves a bit better (clutch pedal travel mostly) I'll definitely look into talking to CM and possibly carrying this clutch as well along side SPEC. I'm sticking to recommending and carrying ONLY parts that are WELL known to perform on this platform and have been tested significantly both on on the road and drag strip and/or road courses. This way proper recommendations for the type of driving can be made and people don't need to guess when making their choices out there. We simply won't just put up anything and everything on the website just so we have them available, not what we do...

    Understood... very true... evo world twin disk is def the way to go
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  12. #737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    We must have massively different ideas of what R&D of a turbo kit involves. You keep making it sound like this is a single turbo only issue that could have been solved with "R&D"... Again, this could hit ANYONE making a lot of power - single/twins/whatever. Assuming the flywheel is the issue, this is a flywheel issue.. not a lack of R&D of a turbo kit issue.
    We don't know if it's the flywheel yet. It's just Shiv saying well the duals are misfiring but the singles aren't with TMo saying the crank position sensor goes nuts when it misfires.

    Let's see if the fix actually works before we hail Shiv the great savior. I certainly hope it does, for everyone's sake.

  13. #738
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,961
    Rep Points
    2,643.3
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Carl Morris should be deemed the savior as he said it before anyone else did in here
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  14. #739
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    682.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    We don't know if it's the flywheel yet. It's just Shiv saying well the duals are misfiring but the singles aren't with TMo saying the crank position sensor goes nuts when it misfires.

    Let's see if the fix actually works before we hail Shiv the great savior. I certainly hope it does, for everyone's sake.
    I've said nothing about Shiv being a savior. I find it funny people are talking $#@! about R&D when what we're talking about right now is flywheels. For now that is the going theory, and we'll know soon if that fixes it or not. Seems perfectly feasible when the guys without DMFW's don't have this same issue.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

    Click here to enlarge

  15. #740
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Points
    2,483.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    Someone should try this Click here to enlarge

    http://advanperformanceeuro.com.au/p...an-lw-flywheel

    http://advanperformanceeuro.com.au/p...e-plate-clutch

    Prob be the last clutch/flywheel you ever purchased. Rebuild when necessary.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  16. #741
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I've said nothing about Shiv being a savior. I find it funny people are talking $#@! about R&D when what we're talking about right now is flywheels. For now that is the going theory, and we'll know soon if that fixes it or not. Seems perfectly feasible when the guys without DMFW's don't have this same issue.
    So you're telling me that if you paid $10k for this kit that was sold and marketed as a complete, perfectly functioning kit you wouldn't be in the least bit pissed about it? What about if you owned an AT (we all know your stance on AT) and your car didn't shift properly from 4th to 5th because the proper R&D wasn't performed. Would that make you mad? I for one, would be pissed.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  17. #742
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    353.4
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Carl Morris should be deemed the savior as he said it before anyone else did in here
    If we are getting this picky, tmo335tt texted me and the other guy the idea about the flywheel before any of this started being discussed.

  18. #743
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Points
    2,483.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    i'm certainly no Shiv fanboi but in his defense the buyers were lined up for this kit before it was even complete. I'm sure the first few AT guys knew that shiv's shop car was a 6MT and that NO R&D had ever been done on an AT. You have to know that when you buy the first of something especially when it first comes out. Bugs will have to get worked out and that's a risk you take when you can't wait and have to be first to have it.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  19. #744
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    353.4
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    So you're telling me that if you paid $10k for this kit that was sold and marketed as a complete, perfectly functioning kit you wouldn't be in the least bit pissed about it? What about if you owned an AT (we all know your stance on AT) and your car didn't shift properly from 4th to 5th because the proper R&D wasn't performed. Would that make you mad? I for one, would be pissed.
    If the problem is, in fact, the flywheel, then I can't say that I am mad. Every other single they have done was a SMFW. Nobody really suspected the DMFW would be a problem, as evidenced by the comments here, so I can't say they "should've known". I don't think any tuner, regardless of who, would have discovered this through R&D if they were running a SMFW. Now if it is not the solution, then you better damn well believe I'll be pissed off again.

    I can't comment for the ATs. That seems to be a different situation.

  20. #745
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    682.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    So you're telling me that if you paid $10k for this kit that was sold and marketed as a complete, perfectly functioning kit you wouldn't be in the least bit pissed about it? What about if you owned an AT (we all know your stance on AT) and your car didn't shift properly from 4th to 5th because the proper R&D wasn't performed. Would that make you mad? I for one, would be pissed.
    If I were buying a turbo kit - and I am #2 on the beta list for the vargas stage 2's - but say I was buying vargas stage 3's or the single turbo kit, basically something making a massive amount of power... No I 100% would not be upset at the company selling the TURBO kit that my FLYWHEEL I previously bought had an issue at much higher power levels. That has nothing to do with R&D of the TURBO kit.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

    Click here to enlarge

  21. #746
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    236
    Rep Points
    21.0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    So you're telling me that if you paid $10k for this kit that was sold and marketed as a complete, perfectly functioning kit you wouldn't be in the least bit pissed about it? What about if you owned an AT (we all know your stance on AT) and your car didn't shift properly from 4th to 5th because the proper R&D wasn't performed. Would that make you mad? I for one, would be pissed.
    No, because this is a problem that plagues more than just ST owners, it is just something that has been spun as something to further the agendas of some people. I have misfires under these same circumstances. I have stock turbos. And a DMFW. If this is the fix, I will have been helped out quite a bit, and I do not have a ST car, or even RBs. IMHO, this is about as reasonable to get upset about as the DMFWs spinning in and of themselves. It's a problem with the car, not the kit.
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #747
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.C. U.S.A
    Posts
    279
    Rep Points
    750.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    i'm certainly no Shiv fanboi but in his defense the buyers were lined up for this kit before it was even complete. I'm sure the first few AT guys knew that shiv's shop car was a 6MT and that NO R&D had ever been done on an AT. You have to know that when you buy the first of something especially when it first comes out. Bugs will have to get worked out and that's a risk you take when you can't wait and have to be first to have it.
    There is no defense as a number of us were banned from E90 for asking very specific questions about the suitability of the kit with stock drive train parts. Shiv said no problem with stock parts & I was just being a troll & trouble maker for bringing it up. He whined to the site owner & I was instantly banned & all posts deleted as happened to a number of other people. He had no interest in getting into areas that might raise the overall price of adding his single turbo. So much for the accuracy of his original claims.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

  23. #748
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Carl Morris should be deemed the savior as he said it before anyone else did in here
    exactly

  24. #749
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    There is no defense as a number of us were banned from E90 for asking very specific questions about the suitability of the kit with stock drive train parts. Shiv said no problem with stock parts & I was just being a troll & trouble maker for bringing it up. He whined to the site owner & I was instantly banned & all posts deleted as happened to a number of other people. He had no interest in getting into areas that might raise the overall price of adding his single turbo. So much for the accuracy of his original claims.
    That's $#@! behavior.

  25. #750
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    There is no defense as a number of us were banned from E90 for asking very specific questions about the suitability of the kit with stock drive train parts. Shiv said no problem with stock parts & I was just being a troll & trouble maker for bringing it up. He whined to the site owner & I was instantly banned & all posts deleted as happened to a number of other people. He had no interest in getting into areas that might raise the overall price of adding his single turbo. So much for the accuracy of his original claims.
    That is an excellent point, although very typical and not surprising.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •