Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question for procede owners (or people knowledgable with ECU wiring/piggy uninstalling)

So, i'm uninstalling the procede from my harness, because i don't actually want it, it just happened to come with...

so there's the red, blue, yellow, green wire harness things.. now, one of them has a GREY connector, which is meant to mate to the FACTORY grey connector

is this the CAR side of the wiring, not the ECU? as i don't actually have a grey coloured connector present, only the black/black/white ones, as i just have the wiring that comes off the engine into the plugs and the ECU, nothing from anything into the cars CAN stuff

thanks for any help Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In our JB4 install guide there should be photos of the OEM connectors and their placements. Large black and white on one side, gray and small black on the other.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Just take one connector off at a time and replace it back to its original subconnector and you will not make any errors

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Watch the Procede (or JB4) install video on youtube and reverse the steps. Once you watch the video it will all make sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    In our JB4 install guide there should be photos of the OEM connectors and their placements. Large black and white on one side, gray and small black on the other.
    yeah, but the problem is i don't have the grey - i replaced all the others already.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Just take one connector off at a time and replace it back to its original subconnector and you will not make any errors
    yeah, i did, but still missing a connector.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdb Click here to enlarge
    Watch the Procede (or JB4) install video on youtube and reverse the steps. Once you watch the video it will all make sense.
    that's exactly what i did, found the procede install vid on youtube, doesn't help me find the grey connector which isn't apart of the wiring all attached to the enine

ED: thanks for all the help so far guy at least! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've got 7hrs~ work to go now, i think i'll probably take a few photos to explain if no one can answer before then

@Terry@BMS - you've easily got more experience than anyone in this

i more want to know where te OTHER end of the grey connector goes, as it's not a part of anything attached to the engine for me, just worried it IS but it's missing

if it's the car side, then no worries, it'll be there existing (well, i'll check first >_>) when i swap engines lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is a pic of where the connectors go. The Grey connector goes in the smaller DME plug closest to the firewall accompanied with the black connector of the same size. The remaining 2 connectors only fit in one spot. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not.

Of course this picture shows the Procede harness still in place. After you remove Procede harness, just slide the original wires back into their respective positions.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is a pic of where the connectors go. The Grey connector goes in the smaller DME plug closest to the firewall accompanied with the black connector of the same size. The remaining 2 connectors only fit in one spot. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not.Of course this picture shows the Procede harness still in place. After you remove Procede harness, just slide the original wires back into their respective positions.Click here to enlarge
    Thanks

So yeah, the grey connector goes in the small plug, i saw that fromthe vid/guide post

Where does the other end go? It looks like it runs to the firewall, not the engine?I have the procede fully uninstalled already (i don't want it, will put it in f/s later)

My question isn't so much to do with the procede now (as i managed to uninstall it) side as much as it has to do with the factory wiring/dme

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never traced where the wires went after leaving the DME compartment so honestly I don't know. Are you just wondering where the wires on the grey connector go out of curiosity? Somewhere floating around is a diagram of the DME wiring. I can't find it right now, but I know it is posted somewhere. If you found it, you could figure out what the grey connector goes to and have your answer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never traced where the wires went after leaving the DME compartment so honestly I don't know. Are you just wondering where the wires on the grey connector go out of curiosity? Somewhere floating around is a diagram of the DME wiring. I can't find it right now, but I know it is posted somewhere. If you found it, you could figure out what the grey connector goes to and have your answer.
    I want to know out of 'my engine on the floor doesn't have it andshould it have it?'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahh, in that case I can't really help you much further. All I can tell you is on my car, those wires appear to head back behind the DME compartment towards the firewall. Not really sure where they go after that.