Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Whelp the problem is that chrome os is a play on google's future of computing, that is thin client / web app 'cloud' everything.
    So you have to see it's success as dependent on accounting for stuff like games and creativity software (Office/Photoshop.) These things really won't be replaced for another 3 years at least. What Android had going for it was that they weren't trying to dramatically change the paradigm... If you remember early iOS was built on the same 'browser app' only model. Android on the other hand was built with the same old filesystem, local application, graphics hardware etc that we all know and love and using a language that -every- CS graduate for the past 5 years knows: Java. Not some whackjob esoteric backwoods language like Objective C.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I would never get an iPhone without an available jailbreak, and honestly I got sick of waiting for an iPhone 5 jailbreak that I switched over to a Galaxy Note 2 (like @Sticky). The only thing I really miss on iOS is the game selection. iOS kicks Androids ass on that front although the gap is slowly shrinking.

Still too much crapware on Google's Play store, and Android power management is pathetic compared to iOS, but in terms of usability, smoothness and raw computing power, Android is up there now (at least my Galaxy Note 2).

I can see how Mrs. Soccer Mom can dislike Android though, needs some TLC and fine tuning to make it work the way you want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

As far as power management and battery life, my Note 2 kicks the $#@! out of my iphone. I couldn't get through a day with the Iphone, I can go two with the Note II. Oh, and if I want to, expand the battery life as well. Apple's locked in BS doesn't let you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    As far as power management and battery life, my Note 2 kicks the $#@! out of my iphone. I couldn't get through a day with the Iphone, I can go two with the Note II. Oh, and if I want to, expand the battery life as well. Apple's locked in BS doesn't let you.
    The point is, a huge battery can be an even better battery after you tweak and correct power management issues, things you don't really have to worry about or take for granted on iOS. FWIW, the Note 2 goes maybe 6 hours of screen time given my heavy use, I'd get 3-4 hours on my iPhone 4S.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The point is, a huge battery can be an even better battery after you tweak and correct power management issues, things you don't really have to worry about or take for granted on iOS. FWIW, the Note 2 goes maybe 6 hours of screen time given my heavy use, I'd get 3-4 hours on my iPhone 4S.
    Anything you need to tweak you can. My battery life is great with bloatware removed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Well what fun would there be in having it if you didn't?
    Hahah. You are right! But people take this shutting heart sometimes. Kinda like the ESS fanboys, Vishnu fanboys etc..., people can't be adults...
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Hahah. You are right! But people take this shutting heart sometimes. Kinda like the ESS fanboys, Vishnu fanboys etc..., people can't be adults...
    Whatever my phone is better than yours Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Iphones have some of the biggest bezels out their, it's insane. Both of the bezels combined on my razr m probably don't equal to one of the bezels on the iphone.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Whatever my phone is better than yours Click here to enlarge
    No doubt about it. This 3G is killing me. Hate this 2 year contract $#@!.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I'll be rockin my blackberry till RIM shuts down their last server.
    I'll probably jump back on the blackberry boat when BB10 is released Click here to enlarge

Can't wait for that operating system to come out
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    I'll probably jump back on the blackberry boat when BB10 is released Click here to enlarge

Can't wait for that operating system to come out
    Lot's of tech sites are speculating that this thing will be dead on arrival. With outdated hardware and such, nothing has been heard lately on the front of the BB10. Would like to see RIM get their $#@! together and offer a 4th option to the mix of the mobile market.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Lot's of tech sites are speculating that this thing will be dead on arrival. With outdated hardware and such, nothing has been heard lately on the front of the BB10. Would like to see RIM get their $#@! together and offer a 4th option to the mix of the mobile market.
    It's pretty unfair to be claiming that it will be DOA.

Hardware is supposed to be a quad-core 1.5ghz processor with 1gb of ram. 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot that supports up to 64gb.

The operating system looks so fluid and smooth! And with the ability to switch between work profile and personal profiles its makes it so you don't have to carry around 2 phones anymore. This is really going to appeal to the enterprise crowd

It's been well received by developers all around the world and BB is making it super easy to port your android, ios, or WM app over to their platform, even if devlopers don't port their app over to BB they have an android player which will be able to run any app in the google play store.

Check this video out Click here to enlarge

2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    It's pretty unfair to be claiming that it will be DOA.

Hardware is supposed to be a quad-core 1.5ghz processor with 1gb of ram. 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot that supports up to 64gb.

The operating system looks so fluid and smooth! And with the ability to switch between work profile and personal profiles its makes it so you don't have to carry around 2 phones anymore. This is really going to appeal to the enterprise crowd

It's been well received by developers all around the world and BB is making it super easy to port your android, ios, or WM app over to their platform, even if devlopers don't port their app over to BB they have an android player which will be able to run any app in the google play store.

Check this video out Click here to enlarge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhcrN...layer_embedded
    Well it looks great and now for today but in March when it supposedly releases that hardware is going to be a bit outdated. For instance:

1. Nexus 4 Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait 2GB Ram
    2. Nokia 920 Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait 1GB Ram
    3. Droid Maxx HD
    Dual-core 1.5 GHz 1GB Ram
    4. Galaxy S3
    Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 1GB Ram
    5. Galaxy Note 2
    Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 2GB Ram

There's of course more of these phones with similar specs as the 5 I listed already in circulation. The Galaxy S3 was released earlier this year, so once the BB10 gets out in March hopefully, that's around the same time that the Galaxy S4 will be getting released, and that thing is rumored to be a 6 core processor. It wont have the freshest hardware, it will have the same hardware phones have already had for months.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

God damnI hate apple zombies.....want a device with two year old technology, buy an iphone or ipad. The iphone was cutting edge 4 years ago, sice then they have chasing a dream, nothing more than marketing company. I will put up my Samsung Galaxy III or Galaxy Tab against anything any one of you apple zombies can throw at me. People even attempting to argue in favor of the iphone over a galaxy III or even a galaxy blaze are clueless to real technology.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    $#@! APPLE =D
    +1

Lets go Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    God damnI hate apple zombies.....want a device with two year old technology, buy an iphone or ipad. The iphone was cutting edge 4 years ago, sice then they have chasing a dream, nothing more than marketing company. I will put up my Samsung Galaxy III or Galaxy Tab against anything any one of you apple zombies can throw at me. People even attempting to argue in favor of the iphone over a galaxy III or even a galaxy blaze are clueless to real technology.

My thoughts exactly. BTW, absolutely love that AMG in your sig
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    ARE YOU 10 YEARS OLD? There is a reason people would want the same exact phone with a near identical GUI and layout... The fact that you can customize less is the reason why almost everything on this phone works like it should. Please do not talk to me about reliability, I've been all around and the Iphone is the easiest to hate on because it's one device but the device speaks for itself.
    I've invented a phone with only four keys. Its super easy to understand. The letters are: STFU

EDIT: And yes I'm ten, so I take no offense.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

F*ck Apple...f*ck the iPhone. Especially f*ck the the worst software known to man...iTunes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's so bad about iTunes? Well I know it sucks but what's better? Google play? Serious question here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hnic357 Click here to enlarge
    What's so bad about iTunes? Well I know it sucks but what's better? Google play? Serious question here.
    Google play is horrible..iTunes isn't bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I keep hearing this praise for android os being so great. Battery management sounds like a great option. But home screen customization? Not sure how that's different from iPhone. I know those google phones will get better cause they have more developers working on them while iPhone is limited to one company. Makes sense that google phones will be better I just haven't heard anything special yet and want to know if I'm missing anything. Also does anyone use Siri? Only time I do is in the car to dial someone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

What's so bad about iTunes? Well I know it sucks but what's better?
    You kind of answered your own question.

What's better? Control of your own file system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I keep hearing this praise for android os being so great. Battery management sounds like a great option. But home screen customization? Not sure how that's different from iPhone. I know those google phones will get better cause they have more developers working on them while iPhone is limited to one company. Makes sense that google phones will be better I just haven't heard anything special yet and want to know if I'm missing anything. Also does anyone use Siri? Only time I do is in the car to dial someone.
    I find the Android voice thing just as good if not better than Siri.

It's like PC versus Mac, PC on everything meant for better development and Mac stood still and was more expensive. Android being free just sort of wraps it up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    5. Galaxy Note 2 Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 2GB Ram
    Can't you overclock this thing too?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Can't you overclock this thing too?
    You most likely can. But I'm not a fan of overclocking mobile phones. Plus your $#@! is faster than anything out there, when I ran the benchmark on my Nexus 4 and then I ran it on the Note II my phone just got curb stomped.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast