Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Active AutoWerke N54 Turbo Upgrade?

Looks like AA are making their info public now. They are testing a prototype n54 hybrid on the n54. There's a thread at the other forums with a bunch of random posts so I thought I'd make one over here to add any info anyone has or updates.

To those of you who I told that I suspect a well known name will be releasing something shortly, well here it is haha and the best part is there's another one from another big name to follow!Click here to enlarge

QUOTES FROM PROTOTYPE TESTER:

I currently have the Prototype AA twin turbo system. They are made to go toe to toe with RB turbos.

We've put the AA turbos and the RB turbos on the same Mustang dyno and the same Tune. The AA system puts out more WTQ and a little higher on WHP vs. the RBs. So far I've put over 800 miles on testing. And we'll have a full review after 2,000 miles.
    The AA Version 2 tune is smoother and Consistent of power bands then the JB4.

JB4 is a great tune for drivers that likes seeing and personalize their car and see the actually map changes. Nothing wrong with JB4 but not my cup of tea.

Note AA tune's is a flash base so the ECU itself is controlling the tune.

JB4 is a piggy back system that has to Communicate with the ECU to Produce more power. That at times cause the car to Hesitate during WOT.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I lol'ed a bit tooClick here to enlarge
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure AA's tunes are great, but their lack of adjust-ability and updates just kills them. I know they have the Simon handheld thing, but to get a new map they have to email it to you. I'm sure the price will be what a new Cobb unit will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rodzilla Click here to enlarge
    but to get a new map they have to email it to you.
    And what's wrong with this exactly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nothing wrong with it, just explaining how it works. I just hate how they put out tunes and piggy backs in the past, then leave them to die.
    Last edited by Rodzilla; 12-06-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rodzilla Click here to enlarge
    Nothing wrong with it, just explaining how it works. I just hate how they put out tunes and piggy backs in the past then leave them to die.
    Time marches forward. With the handheld unit you can constantly update maps. Isn't downloading new maps the same thing people do with Cobb? So what's the problem?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There is really no problem with it. I was just giving an opinion on their past tunes. I agree time marches forward and I love AA and their products. I got a lot of their parts in my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They obviously have to work on marketing their products as well. That guy is posting up info as if he was a customer of AA when in fact he is an employee there. Hopefully they can fix whatever issue it is they are having and run a lot better than a 12.6@113mph even if it was done on 20 inch rims and bald tires.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you like cobb's approach, then your right there with AA. JB4 is JB4 and a Flash is a flash. No reason you cant throw a JB4 on it for all its functionality as well.

I would prefer AA' flash over cobbs myself, but thats just because ive seen AA's work on multiple platforms already

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Note AA tune's is a flash base so the ECU itself is controlling the tune.

JB4 is a piggy back system that has to Communicate with the ECU to Produce more power. That at times cause the car to Hesitate during WOT.
    I gotta admit, I giggled a bit here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    If you like cobb's approach, then your right there with AA. JB4 is JB4 and a Flash is a flash. No reason you cant throw a JB4 on it for all its functionality as well.

I would prefer AA' flash over cobbs myself, but thats just because ive seen AA's work on multiple platforms already
    and Cobb's you haven't seen? Interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And what's wrong with this exactly?
    You get a separate charge per map! The simon alone is $300. It then vin locks to your car, and cannot be used by another car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If AA wants to be competitive, they should mirror cobbs approach. Re-tool simon to not Vin-lock to specific car, Increase the price of Simon, and give the maps free. Lastly, they should sell their upgraded twins separately. Anything other than the above, simply won't attract any attention.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    They obviously have to work on marketing their products as well. That guy is posting up info as if he was a customer of AA when in fact he is an employee there. Hopefully they can fix whatever issue it is they are having and run a lot better than a 12.6@113mph even if it was done on 20 inch rims and bald tires.
    I thought he said they were bold tires? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I thought he said they were bold tires? Click here to enlarge
    You are right, he stated they were bold tires twice! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I thought the same thing. Even with bald tires the trap speed should have been higher than 113 mph, I would imagine. People do that and better with stock turbos. I almost hit that mph with only a JB4 and DCI on 100 octane race gas in the dead of summer (ran a 12.51 @112.77 on a 1.979 60' time).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw that thread. It's sounds FISHY as $#@!.

He works for AA and was testing the tune/turbos on bald tires and 20s? Then he threw away the timeslip because he was upset with the times?

Where is the dyno showing the comparo between the RBs and AAs?

I like AA(i use their DPs) but this is just a WEIRD way to anounce two new products.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    $#@! AA tune... garbage. Lock thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want my $700 back for the box full of misfires I purchased. Don't even compare their dog$#@! to JB4!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry, I'm honestly a little offended LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im sure the Terry and his JB4 is more than capable of tuning those turbos... end of story. On a positive note im really excited with all the turbo development.. this is huge for the community!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    and Cobb's you haven't seen? Interesting.
    both are flashes, right? JB4 can be added on top of both for more functions right? Ive seen cobb logs and power curves on an n54, and ive seen what AA does over 30 years of tuning, i prefer AA for bmw's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    both are flashes, right? JB4 can be added on top of both for more functions right? Ive seen cobb logs and power curves on an n54, and ive seen what AA does over 30 years of tuning, i prefer AA for bmw's.
    Sorry Steve, AA's history is nowhere near as pretty as they or Akash would have you believe. Don't get me wrong, AA has done some cool stuff over the years, and they used to be trailblazers, but they definitely are far from perfect, and if you ask me, they have become lazy Dinan wannabes. And as far as Cobb is concerned, they've accomplished more in the last 8 years than AA has accomplished in 30. FWIW, my Cobb/PTF tuned car put down 456whp and 490wtq with a clutch that was slipping on the dyno. And unlike AA, Cobb has remained dedicated to achieving more and more with their product, they haven't jumped ship or tried to charge people for the favor.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A flash isn't always a flash. Without actually having an AA spokesman that is well informed on the N54 say other wise I'm assuming that the AA flash is based on the Dimsport software and is very limited in what it can do.

I mean we honestly have NO INFORMATION AT ALL about what they're doing in regards to tuning or turbos. AA is a vendor here, why no information from those guys?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast