Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Weak V4 dyno numbers being covered up?

This graph was posted and deleted shortly after in order to protect Vishnu's business interests. Did Vishnu request for this to be deleted? Hopefully we get a direct answer so we don't have to speculate but ultimately it is just going to end up calling more attention to this graph.

Today, I just went to dyno. I have procede V4 autotune, new firmware and map. And this is what I have???? ONLY THIS??? Upper one its a 3th gear pull and the other one its a 4th gear pull
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lots of unanswered questions though.

Who was the original poster? what were the mods/fuel/dyno type?

whats up with the jumpy graphs? bad tach pickup? autotuning in progress?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lots of unanswered questions though.

Who was the original poster? what were the mods/fuel/dyno type?

whats up with the jumpy graphs? bad tach pickup? autotuning in progress?
    This was deleted so fast you can only find one reference on Google (which caches faster than any other search engine from my experience.)

Not sure what is up with the jumpy graph, may relate to the smoothing. Once we find the original poster maybe we can get the runfile and if this is trying to be covered up we will blow it up. I don't like that kind of blatant censorship, let's find the details on the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

im sure the tuner has been in contact with the OP by now threating legal action or something if details are released Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

im sure the tuner has been in contact with the OP by now threating legal action or something if details are released Click here to enlarge
    I haven't seen Vishnu behave like that.

But, Shiv is reading the thread so it would be nice if he set this straight. If he tried to get this deleted though, that does not bode well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

No doubt the OP had some serious problems with that dyno but also no doubt he was strong armed in to having the post deleted. They used to have a return policy that said if you asked any support questions on a public forum your product would not quality for return. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

You guys are funny. The OP was having problems with his car. As he stated, the car was misfiring at low rpm and throw an unknown code. So between the hardware issue (plugs, coils, or whatever) and the dyno operator starting the WOT run at 4200rpm, that dyno represented when and how a car shouldn't be dyno'd. So the owner deleted his post and requested thread removal until the problem is resolved and the car re-dyno'd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    You guys are funny. The OP was having problems with his car. As he stated, the car was misfiring at low rpm and throw an unknown code. So between the hardware issue (plugs, coils, or whatever) and the dyno operator starting the WOT run at 4200rpm, that dyno represented when and how a car shouldn't be dyno'd. So the owner deleted his post and requested thread removal until the problem is resolved and the car re-dyno'd.
    There we go, thanks for clearing it up.

The owner requested the thread removed on his own?

What is the owners name?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

...As he stated, the car was misfiring at low rpm and throw an unknown code....
    What?!?!? A Procede tuned car is misfiring??? lol..sorry couldnt resist
    Last edited by fast4door; 07-18-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

of course the owner did Click here to enlarge

blue line looks smooth, what changed, just gears? wish we could talk to the OP and get some answers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I've already talked to him. It looks like he is throwing a fuel injector related code. He's currently driving around in valet mode for the next day to see if it returns. If it does, he's going to the dealership for them to fix it. Some of you guys really need to get other hobbies Click here to enlarge

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^ so says the guy who puts down the JB for a living.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    ^^ so says the guy who puts down the JB for a living.
    So now I pick on inanimate objects for a living? Better than kicking puppies I guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Whats the estimated HP/TQ at the wheels the OP should be expecting with the V4 tune Vs what the graph shows?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Intec racing in Kent WA, uses a dynojet model 248, fairly common, would like to know what supporting mods the OP has though. no way to know without knowing what mods and fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Still dont understand why the post was deleted..If it is a fuel injector problem than why not just say that in the first place, instead of delteting posts and creating all this speculation. Im not trying to add gas to the fire, but if it was me that posted lower than expected numbers, I would want all the information and suggestions I could get, and deleting a post just seems counter productive imho..doesnt add up to me but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter, just hope this guy gets his car running right..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I came to to this forum after seeing a e90post member recommend "b1mmerb00st" for unbiased information. After reading a few threads here, I would disagree. The information is still biased. It's just uncensored.

There is a palpable pro Terry/JB bias in many of the posts. Nothing wrong with that. Terry is an extremely nice guy, both approachable and easy going; I know, I've met him in person. On the other hand, Shiv is quite the opposite from my experience: Shiv's personality is an acquired taste to put it mildly. Remember folks, just because one person is affable, well written (easily understood), and communicates often does not mean he is correct. Similarly, simply because a reader cannot understand a post does not mean it's author is purposefully pedantic or condescending.

Again, there is just as much misinformation here. However, here, at least, the reader is allowed to reach his misinformed conclusion on his own Click here to enlarge

If you want to learn about tuning...DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Do not expect a VENDOR who happens to be a TUNER to provide impartial information! There will always be a natural bias...even with statements made in good faith!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

how can it be bias if posts are not deleted and all tuners involved are free to speak? i think your confusing bias with popularity

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If a Tuner provides misinformation, even in good faith, it is still misinformation. When a member accepts that misinformation and regurgitates it as his own, then that misinformation is a biased perspective based on that particular Tuner's original interpretation/perspective.
    meow~ :ashamed0002:
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If you read the fine print in our invoice, it will state that you are actually only leasing the procede from us. This applies to all used purchases as well. So not only do we still own the Procede, we are also entitled to edit every post you make in any private or public forum. Also at our discretion is the adoption of your first child and when, and how high, you should jump upon request. It's really quite simple.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

If you read the fine print in our invoice, it will state that you are actually only leasing the procede from us. This applies to all used purchases as well. So not only do we still own the Procede, we are also entitled to edit every post you make in any private or public forum. Also at our discretion is the adoption of your first child and when, and how high, you should jump upon request. It's really quite simple.

Shiv
    ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

exactly,

and per websters dictionary: c : an instance of such prejudice d (1) : deviation of the expected value of a statistical estimate from the quantity it estimates (2) : systematic error introduced into sampling or testing by selecting or encouraging one outcome or answer over others

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how can it be bias if posts are not deleted and all tuners involved are free to speak? i think your confusing bias with popularity
    exactly,

and per websters dictionary: c : an instance of such prejudice d (1) : deviation of the expected value of a statistical estimate from the quantity it estimates (2) : systematic error introduced into sampling or testing by selecting or encouraging one outcome or answer over others
    Thanks for both definitions of "bias" and especially bolding the definition of "statistical bias." I am unclear what your issue is.

Your first issue was that there can be no bias if there is freedom of speech which I addressed via the inherency post and by distinguishing censorship from bias.
    Your second issue, that I had confused popularity with bias, was also addressed that via the inherency post.

Now...your issue is?
    meow~ :ashamed0002:
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Shiv
    *crickets chirping*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AoshichanX Click here to enlarge
    I came to to this forum after seeing a e90post member recommend "b1mmerb00st" for unbiased information. After reading a few threads here, I would disagree. The information is still biased. It's just uncensored.

because your saying its still biased info here. over "there". yes, because "by selecting or encouraging one outcome or answer over others " means that the "information" you get is not allowed to refuted by opposition. that "censorship" is in effect, an act of confirmation bias, no? and that doesnt happen here.

by not having that situation here, one is able to draw their own conclusions, since every side is essence, conducting those tests, and reporting findings. When in fact, certain facts/findings/data may be omitted from a truely bias site. here both are able to post findings and end users can digest and make a decision on their own

i dont have an issue BTW, just an aching for both sides and all apllicable findings of the progress of a "new" platform

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast