Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cobb Table Descriptions and Tuning Tips

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Loaded up old iso15c and went for a spin same boost response post shift no throttle trimming more timing as well. Guess ill have to stick with this firmware and tweak fua and wg position.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

This post shift throttle closure part of the "fix"?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This post shift throttle closure part of the "fix"?
    No.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Here is a log after backdating to ISO15C. MUCH better. Getting more timing too. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

There was no tuning changes to full throttle between the two firmwares. The reason you have less throttle closure in the second log is because boost doesn't go over target as much post shift. I'll never understand why you guys are so afraid of throttle trimming. It's there to keep boost on target and unless it's closing more than 40% isn't even noticeable in terms of power output. The extra 1 degree of advance would make much more difference than the throttle closing 20% for 1/2 a second.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    There was no tuning changes to full throttle between the two firmwares. The reason you have less throttle closure in the second log is because boost doesn't go over target as much post shift. I'll never understand why you guys are so afraid of throttle trimming. It's there to keep boost on target and unless it's closing more than 40% isn't even noticeable in terms of power output. The extra 1 degree of advance would make much more difference than the throttle closing 20% for 1/2 a second.
    What was concerning was in my initial 345 log boost was below target and throttle still did not recover to 100% in 4th gear. My 5th gear boost overshoot was not bad at all but i still had that closure. I understand slight trimming is normal postshift, and I also understand the throttle closure at WOT onset since lagfix tends to cause overshoot. And it was the opposite effect, with no throttle trimming in my later log I actually got more advance than the original 345.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

Throttle closures of about 10% or more can definitely be felt while driving. Also under high boost I also think they create pressure pulses through the charge piping (if they're bad enough) which may/may not cause turbo issues in the long term if not addressed on a car that's driven hard 90% of the time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

All a moot point anyway. Got ISO15C working pretty well part throttle now. Happy camper!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    What was concerning was in my initial 345 log boost was below target and throttle still did not recover to 100% in 4th gear. My 5th gear boost overshoot was not bad at all but i still had that closure. I understand slight trimming is normal postshift, and I also understand the throttle closure at WOT onset since lagfix tends to cause overshoot. And it was the opposite effect, with no throttle trimming in my later log I actually got more advance than the original 345.
    I'm not sure which log is which but we only induce a throttle closure if boost is more than around 1/2psi over target and then its done proportionally to the target and how far over target you are. Once we trigger it there is a hysteresis value for rolling it out to avoid oscillation. The default value of the shift reduction is 60 and I think it's a pretty good fit for most applications. I prefer to see it slightly over target on the shift even with occasional throttle trimming as I've found it performs best. But, set it however you'd like. It sounds like you need to go up from 60 to say 70 if you want to consistently avoid going over target post shift.

On the dyno testing we did I didn't see a torque drop until around a 25% closure so I'm not sure how anyone would feel anything less than that behind the wheel.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure which log is which but we only induce a throttle closure if boost is more than around 1/2psi over target and then its done proportionally to the target and how far over target you are. Once we trigger it there is a hysteresis value for rolling it out to avoid oscillation. The default value of the shift reduction is 60 and I think it's a pretty good fit for most applications. I prefer to see it slightly over target on the shift even with occasional throttle trimming as I've found it performs best. But, set it however you'd like. It sounds like you need to go up from 60 to say 70 if you want to consistently avoid going over target post shift.

On the dyno testing we did I didn't see a torque drop until around a 25% closure so I'm not sure how anyone would feel anything less than that behind the wheel.
    Doesn't matter anymore anyway, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Click here to enlarge

Edit- unless you somehow get us full advance post shift lol. Ill take my 9 degrees though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't matter anymore anyway, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Click here to enlarge

Edit- unless you somehow get us full advance post shift lol. Ill take my 9 degrees though.
    What you'll find is minor variances based on weather, baro, EGT, etc. So you'll want to raise the auto shift reduction if post shift throttle movement keeps you up late at night. As I said there were no firmware changes there so it will be back. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567