Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Is there a quick test of line quality? While I agree they can be brittle over time, my lines appear to be nowhere near cracking. I am resistant to changing them if they are fine. Especially the actuator lines. How do you even reach them?
    If you have big hands and forearms like I do it can be very challenging. For the Rear turbo, I just basically stuck my hand down as close to the wastegate as I could and yanked on it a bunch of times. The hose eventually ripped off. I then used my finger nail to pick off the small piece left over. Yank with care.

For the front turbo, there are 3 10mm nuts and bolts holding the vacuum cannisters down. Remove them and lift the vacuum cannisters out of the way. This line is a little easier to get to.

Getting new lines on is also a challenge. Just take your time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335okc Click here to enlarge
    you can use something like mighty vac to measure the vacuum. but it was so easy to do thati just did them all. which actuator lines are you talking about? i took my cowl and engine cover off and take the vacuum bracket off so i can score the house with sharp cutter and not brake the nipples.
    This is good advice because it includes the word nipples.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335okc Click here to enlarge
    you can use something like mighty vac to measure the vacuum. but it was so easy to do thati just did them all. which actuator lines are you talking about? i took my cowl and engine cover off and take the vacuum bracket off so i can score the house with sharp cutter and not brake the nipples.
    The turbo actuator lines. I cant get down there (from above) to score the lines on the nipples which is why I didn't try. I also am still wondering why those lines have braided shielding and others don't. I don't ant to be replacing lines with shielding with line that doesn't have it if there is a purpose for the shielding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is good advice because it includes the word nipples.
    Apparently if you don't brake for nipples you will eventually score in your house.

At least that's how I understood it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol yea yea autocorrect FTL. it knows i like nipples

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i had no vacuum pressure at all at 65,000 miles. the vacuum lines were breaking especially the funny braided ones next to the oil filter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123