Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    Well at least they were good for something. How's that going for you?.
    Went fantastic. I installed it prior to the my last track event of the year. Beat my personal best by 7 seconds, and Just anihilated E90 M3's. Here's a tip: run stage 2+ FMIC aggressive with some 93pump/100 octane race. I mixed mine to get 95 octane approx, and boy did she pull. I'll be running the just released 100 octane race map next year, with race gas, all season.

I've received some information, that is a bit troubling (RB related),
    Pray tell. Besides their insane price. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Well at least they were good for something. How's that going for you?

------

I've received some information, that is a bit troubling (RB related), so I'm on the fence whether to wait for the Vargas stg2 or not. I'm assuming the stg2 are the ones comparable to RB?

Wondering if @VargasTurboTech can chime in, on power delivery, expected reliability. This car will be pretty much pushed to it's limits 15-20 weekends a year during HPDE days.
    Haha, yes your clutch will start to slip. Troubling, isn't it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Haha, yes your clutch will start to slip. Troubling, isn't it?
    lol, clutch is the least of my worries, easily replaced. Was more interested in Turbo lifetime reliability, efficiency, for someone that beats the crap out of the car.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

lol, clutch is the least of my worries, easily replaced. Was more interested in Turbo lifetime reliability, efficiency, for someone that beats the crap out of the car.
    If you are intersted in low mileage OEMs, there is a pair for sale right now it the for sale section of e90post. I too have a spare set of low mileage OEMs, but would sell them for just as much, cuz mine have such high mileage. Funny thing is, I got them as insurance years ago, when they were dirt cheap on the forum, thinking once I go high boost, my turbos will go. I'm over 100K miles, with several tuned track days under my belt, and my 2006 built OEMs, absolutely refuse to die!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

40k on my RB prototype set, but they were installed by a reputable shop (VAC), and not in a driveway. I cant comment on much more than total mileage, hundreds of highspeed highway runs,dyno's, and dozens of dragstrip performance runs, not hpde events though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    40k on my RB prototype set, but they were installed by a reputable shop (VAC), and not in a driveway. I cant comment on much more than total mileage, hundreds of highspeed highway runs,dyno's, and dozens of dragstrip performance runs, not hpde events though.
    yup, I think most of the time it boils down to that. Get the right people to install it, and you wont have many issues if any.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

you decide?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you decide?
    I will be going with RB's, waiting to put in the LSD, should be hear early next month "hopefully". Finish up the suspension overhaul, then will be placing an order. For now, the car's running, replaced both solenoids, and it's working again.

All the suspension work, to be sure I can handle the power, will be quite $$$ so upped turbos may wait 3 months or so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

you considered the defiv stuff?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'm not too worried about hard launches and wheel spin (if it does more, I could be ignorant). I'm mostly a HPDE (Road Course) junkie, so not really doing hard launches there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12