Close

Thread: Error codes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Error codes

Hello,

The other day when getting on the freeway, WOT it of course, my CEL light came on and the car was in reduced power mode. Stopped the car and restarted with no issues. The three codes that I saw was p29f3, p29d2, and p29d0. I tried searching the web and found info on the first two codes, hpfp issue and misfire cyl 6. The last one I was not able to find, anyone know what it means. Also as of lately starting the car takes longer and idling is rough. Here's my setup: 41k (due for plugs at dealer), Cobb stg 1 sport, bms dci, and Remus exhaust. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    29F3 = fuel pressure sensor, electrical
    29D2 = misfire cylinder 6
    29D0 = misfire cylinder 4

29F3 is directly correlated to the low pressure fuel sensor. I have pretty much had this pesky code for the last year and I'm about to replace it soon. It just sucks that its located underneath the intake manifold.

Your misfires could definitely be attributed to your old plugs. Get new plugs and see if you still have misfires.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dealer it for fuel pump, see if they will do plugs as well. should be GTG, if not, it will need an injector

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the info. I uninstalled my Cobb AP to now try to replicate the error codes before heading into the dealer for scheduled maintenancing The bad thing is my N54 engine feels so tame now.