Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    306.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No

    What to do in LA?

    Im heading to LA next week with the misses and was wondering what you guys recommend doing, eating, seeing etc....I will have a carthere so shoot away w/suggestions


    also dont 4get to mention what I should avoid as well

    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What isn't there to do?

    What are you into? I'll point you in the right direction. I highly recommend the Getty Center, definitely worth seeing. Check out the Santa Monica Pier, hit up Main street. Universal City Walk, Hollywood, Rodeo, go wine tasting, etc. etc. I can call up Heff and let him know you are coming to the Playboy mansion if you like.

    Where in LA are you going to be?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    VENICE. Rent a bike, ride along the canals.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    VENICE. Rent a bike, ride along the canals.
    This is a great idea as well.

    Or go to a Medical Marijuana store and have Venice take you for a ride.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    hahaha. the true Californian way.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    How many days are you here? How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    306.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Reputation: Yes | No
    sup brothers

    Im going with the misses on a vacation ...im 27 and shes 22...

    I'm staying about 2 miles away from LAX and going to be there for 5 nights

    i'm pretty open to things just looking to have a great time...i'm def pass by gintani while im there as well Click here to enlarge

    thanks 4 the great ideas thus far and Sticky, if I didnt have the misses Id take you up on the playboy mansion offer 100% lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by disruptv Click here to enlarge
    sup brothers

    Im going with the misses on a vacation ...im 27 and shes 22...

    I'm staying about 2 miles away from LAX and going to be there for 5 nights

    i'm pretty open to things just looking to have a great time...i'm def pass by gintani while im there as well Click here to enlarge

    thanks 4 the great ideas thus far and Sticky, if I didnt have the misses Id take you up on the playboy mansion offer 100% lol
    Just have her hang out with my chick and we can go. I'm sure they would encourage a boys night out like that.

    Definitely pass by Gintani, good idea. Not sure if Alex is back from his business trip/vacation though.

    So you are going to be by LAX, have you been to this area before?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky,
    are you being serious?
    Im coming to LA in a few weeks. I wanna go.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,
    are you being serious?
    Im coming to LA in a few weeks. I wanna go.
    About a guys night out? I'm serious about that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    A few more suggestions, Universal Studios is a blast. The Venice boardwalk is a must, just saying it again.

    If you are willing to drive into OC (if you are by LAX you can just take the 405 straight down) that opens up a lot of other things for you to do as well.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    to the playboy mansion, LOL

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    to the playboy mansion, LOL
    Sure, how good are you at hopping fences?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    A few more suggestions, Universal Studios is a blast. The Venice boardwalk is a must, just saying it again.

    If you are willing to drive into OC (if you are by LAX you can just take the 405 straight down) that opens up a lot of other things for you to do as well.
    Universal Studio in peak tourism season is not goign to be fun .

    Venice is where its at. Thats my favorite place in the world.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    306.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Reputation: Yes | No
    also

    any recommendations for great indian/pakistani food, thai food, and I want to try some good persian cooking Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Raffis in Glendale.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    $#@! now I want to go to Cali
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Universal Studio in peak tourism season is not goign to be fun .

    Venice is where its at. Thats my favorite place in the world.
    Actually, I was just there. It isn't bad at all and the wait times are fairly low. Universal Studios just isn't that bad with wait times, nothing like Disneyland.

    Venice isn't my favorite place in the world but worth seeing.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by disruptv Click here to enlarge
    also

    any recommendations for great indian/pakistani food, thai food, and I want to try some good persian cooking Click here to enlarge
    I can look up some places for you but I only know of Persian restaurants in OC. I really like this place called Darya's, excellent great rice/meat dishes.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Actually, I was just there. It isn't bad at all and the wait times are fairly low. Universal Studios just isn't that bad with wait times, nothing like Disneyland.

    Venice isn't my favorite place in the world but worth seeing.
    Venice kicks ass man.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Venice kicks ass man.
    I don't disagree, it is pretty damn interesting and the night life is great.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I like the art atmosphere of Venice.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,680
    Rep Points
    31,507.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    I like the art atmosphere of Venice.
    I like the lazy stoner atmosphere.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,170
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Anarkali Indian - 7013 Melrose Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90038
    pretty good, always indian families in there so you know its legit. best chicken tiki masala.

    Melrose is a scene as well. Worth looking at.
    Hollywood by highland
    Sunset strip (all the bars, clubs, tattoo shops)
    Venice / abbott kinney / main st. area
    3rd st. promenade

    all shopping / visiting / landmark areas
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    306.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Reputation: Yes | No
    thanks sammy 4 the suggestions


    You guys down to meet-up next week to chill and grab dinner?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •