Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so accusing me of fanboism for asking a genuine question isnt the same as me bringing up the actual product, ok i see your logic then. dont worry... time will tell.. enjoy your product.. and if you want to get technical, yes, model T could be thanked. overexxagerating the point doesnt take away what i said.
    What is that word in bold? Click here to enlarge

Anyways I'm not sure why you are directing your comment towards me. I never said anything about a "model T." Oh and next time, use your head and look at what you actually said that my original comment was directed towards.

Time sure will tell, and I am looking forward to the time when RB turbo's will be obsolete just to shut you up. When you have a real business that produces industrial turbo's for major applications, there's alot more trust in their product from a consumer's standpoint.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by LostMarine is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

why would you wish that? oh, is it because your not a real enthusiast and just some punk with a bmw.. i forgot. goodluck with your turbos
    Why are you asking me that question? Can't you see that I already answered you above? It was to shut you up. What a dumbass that can't read I guess.

Lol at not a real enthusiast. Next time let's be a bit more mature and refrain from the name calling. Oh and thanks for the luck but I won't need it. The turbos made in a garage that start smoking over time might though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Time sure will tell, and I am looking forward to the time when RB turbo's will be obsolete just to shut you up. When you have a real business that produces industrial turbo's for major applications, there's alot more trust in their product from a consumer's standpoint.
    You realize that we (as consumers & enthusiasts) benefit most from competition?? Like LM pointed out, Vargas wouldn't even have gotten into the N54 scene if Rob hadn't created the market for aftermarket turbos. Also, while Vargas is running a serious operation, Rob's Turbos are a proven, established product in the N54 community (2 yrs+), so Tony/Vargas need deliver a better product & hopefully at a lower cost to really gain some quick credibility.

I'm not "rooting" for any vendor, I'm here rooting for us (as owners & enthusiasts) to get better, consistent products at a lower cost.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You realize that we (as consumers & enthusiasts) benefit most from competition?? Like LM pointed out, Vargas wouldn't even have gotten into the N54 scene if Rob hadn't created the market for aftermarket turbos. Also, while Vargas is running a serious operation, Rob's Turbos are a proven, established product in the N54 community (2 yrs+), so Tony/Vargas need deliver a better product & hopefully at a lower cost to really gain some quick credibility.

I'm not "rooting" for any vendor, I'm here rooting for us (as owners & enthusiasts) to get better, consistent products at a lower cost.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. This is the way business works.
    2008 BSM 335i coupe - JB4, BMS intake, meth : Weekend warrior.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @LostMarine , come on man. Give it a rest. You don't intend to muck up a thread, but you end up doing it.

Let's all just relax and be patient. It's the holidays for crying out loud!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    @LostMarine , come on man. Give it a rest. You don't intend to muck up a thread, but you end up doing it.

Let's all just relax and be patient. It's the holidays for crying out loud!
    +1 and Merry Christmas to all!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by LostMarine is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My persevering memory of Rob unfortunately is one of dozens of threads across several forums of people begging for info regarding where their turbos were. I know the product he makes is great, I do not question that. I also know that since a new face has come on the scene robs customer service has improved immensely. Competition breads excellence people, Vargas coming on to the scene and making RB nervous is a great thing for this community.

LM your contributions to this community are numerous and I respect the hell out of you but you do seem to have an agenda here. Not that your not entitled to have your opinion though. Sticky seems to promote a very open atmosphere here and gives posters a lot of leeway to express their opinions. Cheers to that, forum admins are typically very dry and are obnoxiously sensitive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I appreciate that.
    Just be clear, I asked a genuine question, and was delivered a smug response, followed by comments by sticky (irrelevant since its sticky), and then e90company with his infinite wisdom

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

why would you wish that? oh, is it because your not a real enthusiast and just some punk with a bmw.. i forgot. goodluck with your turbos
    Can this thread get back to the turbos please? This is like the 3rd request.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Your stupidity amuses me and yet saddens me at the same time.
    Well I'm sorry your butthurt and don't know what else to say. Just keep using the cute little name calling and look like the bigger man, because it's quite funny.

Next time keep your comments out of Vargas's thread about Rob Beck's and maybe you won't look like such an idiot. Honestly, you are interfering with someone's business, and I would be pissed if I were Tony.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Like LM pointed out, Vargas wouldn't even have gotten into the N54 scene if Rob hadn't created the market for aftermarket turbos.
    He didn't create the market the market existed the moment BMW decided to produce a factory turbo 3 Series. Rob entered the market. Big difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Sticky seems to promote a very open atmosphere here and gives posters a lot of leeway to express their opinions. Cheers to that, forum admins are typically very dry and are obnoxiously sensitive.
    You don't say?

Rob seemed to take issue with this and fault it, but I like it. Seems others get it as well. Prefer more freedom to less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Vargas stage 2s are 2500$ + 300$ for thrust parts which 2800$.

How much are the RBs? I thought they were 3k, no?
    E92 AT. COBB S2+ , FBOs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Well I'm sorry your butthurt and don't know what else to say. Just keep using the cute little name calling and look like the bigger man, because it's quite funny.

Next time keep your comments out of Vargas's thread about Rob Beck's and maybe you won't look like such an idiot. Honestly, you are interfering with someone's business, and I would be pissed if I were Tony.
    So, now your in charge of what I can and can't say, where I can say it? Oh we r going to get along just fine. So, if u go back and read through the posts, who looks like the moron, me, or you the two faced child who's more bark than bite..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Honestly sticky, if these guys are just going to argue in the thread about nothing to do with the content of it I ask that you delete the posts or move them to their own thread where they can battle it out all they want. I just read through this whole thread once it started getting side tracked and it reads like little kids arguing over a new toy. Honestly thank you guys for coming to my defense and whoever this lostmarine guy is, yes he has been in the N54 game for a while but he loves to start drama in people threads, he must be bored. To be 100% clear RB has nothing, ZERO to do with me getting into the N54 game. A local customer came to me with a set and asked me to rebuild them,after tear down and inspection I mentioned to him it looked to me like there was plenty of room to upgrade these things if he was interested. He said he was, I gave him a price and that became my initial stage 1(this is before I had done ANY research online about the N54, it was upgrading an MHI turbo something I had done MANY times.) I had never heard of RB at that point, one of my best friends in the world owns an N54 and I told him I was upgraded a set of his turbos and told me about e90 and this place and that there was a decent market for the turbos, and he also told me about the single kits. It went from there, so as much as you guys would like to believe I saw Rob's turbos and was so blown away that I wanted to make something just like them, that is not what happened. I am going to state this again because I just want to. Rob's turbos are grade A, top quality pieces that work as advertised with very few problems. He has set the bar high as far as keeping competition at bay from a quality standpoint and I applaud that, but RB had nothing to do with me deciding to step into the N54 arena. And also these arguments always seem to suck the life out of my rep points. I was over 220 yesterday before all this back and forth and now I am at 202 and I said nothing. Thanks a lot guys. hahaha
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 11-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Like LM pointed out, Vargas wouldn't even have gotten into the N54 scene if Rob hadn't created the market for aftermarket turbos.
    Vargas did not need Rob to make anything to develop his set of turbos. Like what has been said many times already, this is not the first time a hybrid turbo is being made. I dont understand why it is constantly being brought up that if it werent for rob, bla bla bla. Its honestly shocking that only rob and now tony are on top of this situation for the n54s...

Just as sticky said above , the market was created when bmw decided to turbo the 335's. Rob didnt invent or create anything other than your standard stock frame turbo upgrade that goes on in every singly turbo platform in exsistance.

Dont get me wrong, kudos to him for entering a market with zero competition and putting out what has proven to be a very good set of turbos but tony doesnt owe him anything nor does anyone else. Rob isnt doing this for free, he is making money and just like any other business in the USA competition will be there, no need for him or his loyal customers to get all bent out of shape... life wil go on and rob will still sell a ton of turbos.

Its crazy that tony's threads can make it 4 posts without the same bs popping up as every other thread. Beating this maggot filled rotten dead horse way too much.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Honestly sticky, if these guys are just going to argue in the thread about nothing to do with the content of it I ask that you delete the posts or move them to their own thread where they can battle it out all they want. I just read through this whole thread once it started getting side tracked and it reads like little kids arguing over a new toy. Honestly thank you guys for coming to my defense and whoever this lostmarine guy is, yes he has been in the N54 game for a while but he loves to start drama in people threads, he must be bored. To be 100% clear RB has nothing, ZERO to do with me getting into the N54 game. A local customer came to me with a set and asked me to rebuild them,after tear down and inspection I mentioned to him it looked to me like there was plenty of room to upgrade these things if he was interested. He said he was, I gave him a price and that became my initial stage 1(this is before I had done ANY research online about the N54, it was upgrading an MHI turbo something I had done MANY times.) I had never heard of RB at that point, one of my best friends in the world owns an N54 and I told him I was upgraded a set of his turbos and told me about e90 and this place and that there was a decent market for the turbos, and he also told me about the single kits. It went from there, so as much as you guys would like to believe I saw Rob's turbos and was so blown away that I wanted to make something just like them, that is not what happened. I am going to state this again because I just want to. Rob's turbos are grade A, top quality pieces that work as advertised with very few problems. He has set the bar high as far as keeping competition at bay from a quality standpoint and I applaud that, but RB had nothing to do with me deciding to step into the N54 arena. And also these arguments always seem to suck the life out of my rep points. I was over 220 yesterday before all this back and forth and now I am at 202 and I said nothing. Thanks a lot guys. hahaha
    Well one click from me and you are over 300 so there you go and secondly you can ban whomever you want from a thread...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Vargas did not need Rob to make anything to develop his set of turbos. Like what has been said many times already, this is not the first time a hybrid turbo is being made. I dont understand why it is constantly being brought up that if it werent for rob, bla bla bla. Its honestly shocking that only rob and now tony are on top of this situation for the n54s...

Just as sticky said above , the market was created when bmw decided to turbo the 335's. Rob didnt invent or create anything other than your standard stock frame turbo upgrade that goes on in every singly turbo platform in exsistance.

Dont get me wrong, kudos to him for entering a market with zero competition and putting out what has proven to be a very good set of turbos but tony doesnt owe him anything nor does anyone else. Rob isnt doing this for free, he is making money and just like any other business in the USA competition will be there, no need for him or his loyal customers to get all bent out of shape... life wil go on and rob will still sell a ton of turbos.

Its crazy that tony's threads can make it 4 posts without the same bs popping up as every other thread. Beating this maggot filled rotten dead horse way too much.
    Well said.

Best to remove certain people from these threads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Thread cleaned up a bit, troublemakers removed, happy holidays Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well one click from me and you are over 300 so there you go and secondly you can ban whomever you want from a thread...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

did he really created it? because i remember seeing other alternatives to the RB's like EPL and i think another 2 seperate sets. the Rb's became more popular because they performed and more importantly the price...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast