Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Update

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    No point in arguing with Sticky on his own forum, however I can't say I'm surprised at all by his reply.

I am taking Tony's excellent advice and staying out of these threads to enjoy my holiday.

I do hope the movers can ignore the noise (dzenno,Terry,Tony,etc) and I look forward to the inevitable advancements if everyone stays engaged. Results speak the loudest and I wish Tony the best of luck. If this general decline in the atmosphere of the site keeps up I'll just be getting those updates where there is less pointless drama.
    You are contributing to the drama with your own noise and nobody is keeping you here by force.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    WHere is that?
    Call his bluff.

"Waaaah waaah admin responded to me too harshly and my feelings are hurt waaah waah."

N54 babies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    WHere is that?
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/ and http://www.kcsr.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7 will usually have anything of real importance, even if it's slightly delayed.

Contrary to what forum owners like Jason & Sticky would like people to believe, the BMW enthusiast scene doesn't revolve around the forums. There are also a handful of guys locally that hardly come to any of the forums, and are just as involved with their cars as most of the guys on here. News gets around quickly, even if you are a bit disconnected "digitally".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Contrary to what forum owners like Jason & Sticky would like people to believe, the BMW enthusiast scene doesn't revolve around the forums.
    Hahaha, right. People just go door to door getting their info or waiting for car meets for guys to pull out binders and give their reports on what is going on. Maybe you don't get your information on the internet, but um, everyone else does. Kind of funny for you to say that WHILE POSTING on a forum.

News gets around quickly, even if you are a bit disconnected "digitally".
    Ok you go be disconnected the rest of us are going to watch the Vargas turbo development and this thread is getting back on track. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Ok you go be disconnected the rest of us are going to watch the Vargas turbo development and this thread is getting back on track. Thanks.
    haha, that`s a good one.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    haha, that`s a good one.
    Watch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

3 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by Autobahn335i is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tony, any updates on testing, findings etc..
    E92 AT. COBB S2+ , FBOs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    WHere is that?
    cant agree more drama on every forum ,would get boring without it wouldnt it ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I appreciate all the work your doing Vargus. I'm overly anxious to see future progress and the results of Stage 3.

Just make me a promise and update your newsletter and I'll make sure to stay subscribed to your newsletter for immediate updates via email...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    That is an unfair statement IMHO and tons of other posts in this thread are really uncalled for in terms of both companies/solutions. I have respect for both guys and this sort of talk is counter productive at best to be honest. Let the products and results do the talking guys. We don't have to stir things up to have stuff to talk about on this forum. Plenty of new things and developments to discuss that this sort of drama really isn't necessary at all.

In the meantime here's a suggestion/question: what's the flow rate of a 1/4" line for gasoline pumping at 72psi from a Walbro E85 pump? Is the line posing a sizeable restriction in terms of pressure drop across the length of the line from the LPFP to the HPFP and requires a larger, say 3/8" fuel line in place of the 1/4" (~8mm) line.

Then, what does the inlet on the HPFP look like and can it be modified to fit a larger size line? Is the fuel pressure regulator possibly restricting fuel volume flow from the LPFP to the HPFP being that its in between? Is this possibly the next step in our fuel upgrade?

Just some questions and stuff I'd personally much rather bicker about than what this thread has turned into Click here to enlarge
    Im going to answer your question and derail the thread again lol...

I dont know the numbers for flow rate but I would say that the flow could very well be improved with larger diameter line...we do it for DSMs, EVOs, STis, you name it. Usually a -6 in AN size is the average upgrade, works well and doesnt have drawbacks really. Even so for my diesel truck...3/8" line is standard...we upgrade to 1/2 line only and this helps with fueling considerably, even if you still run the stock pumps.

Getting rid of any sharp radiuses or banjo fittings should improve flow a little as well...banjo fittings are known to be flow restricting, and the thread pitch should be easily found in any AN fitting to convert over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

make stage 3 fit RHD, WILL BUY... LOL

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Im going to answer your question and derail the thread again lol...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge

I dont know the numbers for flow rate but I would say that the flow could very well be improved with larger diameter line...we do it for DSMs, EVOs, STis, you name it. Usually a -6 in AN size is the average upgrade, works well and doesnt have drawbacks really. Even so for my diesel truck...3/8" line is standard...we upgrade to 1/2 line only and this helps with fueling considerably, even if you still run the stock pumps.

Getting rid of any sharp radiuses or banjo fittings should improve flow a little as well...banjo fittings are known to be flow restricting, and the thread pitch should be easily found in any AN fitting to convert over.

how hard is it to replace fuel lines?

if worth it, will add to my to-do list regardless//

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    make stage 3 fit RHD, WILL BUY... LOL

Click here to enlarge

how hard is it to replace fuel lines?

if worth it, will add to my to-do list regardless//
    Thats a tall order thinking about making room for a steering shaft and other things in the already super tight fit seems pretty daunting. Never say never but its pretty far down the list of things I need to get done right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

On page 7 theres a picture of the inside the HPFP

http://www.rallyhammer.be/downloads/..._allgemein.pdf

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Thats a tall order thinking about making room for a steering shaft and other things in the already super tight fit seems pretty daunting. Never say never but its pretty far down the list of things I need to get done right now.
    Haha i know, 3/4 joking, 1/4 dreaming.. when you get closer to stg 3 being ready, well, i'll be able to see wht can be done on the cars end, how tight (or physically impossible) clearances are, what can be moved, how far things can be moved to the left etc. - i won't be doing it for the best part of 6-8mths.

Do you know just how much of an obstacle the steering shaft is, and how much wider the stage3 setup will be?

If it's possible to fit them, no doubt i'll be all over them.. Stage 2's realistically will do me though hahahah

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kollegga Click here to enlarge

can we get this in english?

T

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Looks like a piston and swashplate type pump. Lots of good info in that document, wish it was in english.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

sorry i havent found anything similar in english o_0

Maybe u have to test following pdf 47 ff
    http://bmwcoders.com/forum/734-post2.html

U have to register before download. And it seems to be more compact that way.
    maybe u find additional anything similar at www.bmwcoders.com.
    would be great if u share information.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Sorry, I've been out of my 335i for a month or so but still hang around here because I'll def be back in a BMW before too long. What ever happened to the Vargas Stage 1 beta tester?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, I've been out of my 335i for a month or so but still hang around here because I'll def be back in a BMW before too long. What ever happened to the Vargas Stage 1 beta tester?
    He installed a WW meth kit and 2 weeks later his car burned down. We decided to only offer stage 1's with the upgraded wastegate parts as well they are under the same wait time as the stage 2's right now waiting on the flappers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Oh wow. Looks like beta testers should be well vetted next time LOL! Can't wait to see some numbers.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    He installed a WW meth kit and 2 weeks later his car burned down. We decided to only offer stage 1's with the upgraded wastegate parts as well they are under the same wait time as the stage 2's right now waiting on the flappers.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Hey Tony, are the Stage 1 and Stage 2 wastegates guaranteed not to rattle? Or is it just more of a part that will rattle over time just take longer to get to that point?

Also, are we going to see any gains on pump gas with the Stage 1's? Or would that only be with the stage 2? I personally run 93 fuel 90% of the time so if the Stage 1's give me around the same gain on pump I would be fine with those

Thank You

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Hey Tony, are the Stage 1 and Stage 2 wastegates guaranteed not to rattle? Or is it just more of a part that will rattle over time just take longer to get to that point?

Also, are we going to see any gains on pump gas with the Stage 1's? Or would that only be with the stage 2? I personally run 93 fuel 90% of the time so if the Stage 1's give me around the same gain on pump I would be fine with those

Thank You
    We can not guarantee they will not rattle over time. We are just doing our best to eliminate the problems with the factory set up and the downfalls they have, but using better materials, closer tolerances, etc. A turbocharger is an airpump, the stage ones are going to push more air into the engine at a given turbo RPM then a stock turbo will, stage 2 will push more air then stage 1 at the same turbo RPM, etc as you go bigger. In order for you to see ANY Gains you will need to adjust your tune to add fuel, timing etc to take advantage of this extra air. Just bolting on a set of bigger turbochargers and not touching your tune will most likely not net any gains. Not sure if that answers your question, but stage 1's will move a significantly larger amount of air then stockers at the same turbo RPM. So you will be able to see gains on pump gas with some tuning changes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kollegga Click here to enlarge

Looks like great info, which we could get this translated to English!
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

We can not guarantee they will not rattle over time. We are just doing our best to eliminate the problems with the factory set up and the downfalls they have, but using better materials, closer tolerances, etc. A turbocharger is an airpump, the stage ones are going to push more air into the engine at a given turbo RPM then a stock turbo will, stage 2 will push more air then stage 1 at the same turbo RPM, etc as you go bigger. In order for you to see ANY Gains you will need to adjust your tune to add fuel, timing etc to take advantage of this extra air. Just bolting on a set of bigger turbochargers and not touching your tune will most likely not net any gains. Not sure if that answers your question, but stage 1's will move a significantly larger amount of air then stockers at the same turbo RPM. So you will be able to see gains on pump gas with some tuning changes.
    Yea. That makes sense. Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast