Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If BMW really calls the new m3 an "M4" they are dead to me.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Front looks good. Side? Not much. That side vent looks cheap and i bet it's there just for look so another lame point. Rear? Doesn't differ much from E92 which i like.

If i ever get one of these (not going to give my money to BMW anymore though), i'm going to replace the 4xx/M4 badge with a proper 3xx/M3 badge in front of the salesman.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Even though I have a fbo n54, I'll get the new m3. Remember, the new m3/m4 can be modded too. Also, no matter what mods you do, the new m3/m4 will have balance, handling, gearing, LSD, steering, braking, among other things that will outclass the 335 (e9x or f82) in every category.

If you add up what you need to do to a 335 to make it a serious m contender, it's a lot.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    That's the same thing, and reality, of the current 335 vs. M3. A tuned 335 is can be just as fast as an M3. They are still much different cars and target markets.
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Let's all not forget the widened arches, the lsd, oil coolers, the bigger tires, wider wheels, M-DCT, and the looks of the M3. It's kind of like why the 1 Series M is so popular. If you took a 135i added a tune, added some CSL replica wheels or ZCP wheels, lowered it, and added a new front bumper from the M package you would not need the 1 Series M right? Wrong, the widened arches and the fact that it's a real 1 Series M is what makes it sell to those who can afford it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Let's all not forget the widened arches, the lsd, oil coolers, the bigger tires, wider wheels, M-DCT, and the looks of the M3. It's kind of like why the 1 Series M is so popular. If you took a 135i added a tune, added some CSL replica wheels or ZCP wheels, lowered it, and added a new front bumper from the M package you would not need the 1 Series M right? Wrong, the widened arches and the fact that it's a real 1 Series M is what makes it sell to those who can afford it.
    Exactly, your point is sound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12