Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Military absentee ballots delivered late, may have swung election?

How is this not major news?

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/mi...on-for-romney/

WASHINGTON, DC – Sources confirmed today that hundreds of thousands of military absentee ballots were delivered hours after the deadline for them to be counted, with preliminary counts showing that they would have overturned the vote in several states and brought a victory for Governor Mitt Romney.

Officials say the ballots were delivered late due to problems within the military mail system. Tracking invoices show the ballots sat in a warehouse for a month, then they were accidentally labeled as ammunition and shipped to Afghanistan. At Camp Dwyer, Marine Sergeant John Davis signed for them and was surprised at the contents.

“I told Gunny we got a bunch of ballots instead of ammo,” Davis told investigators earlier today. “He told me to file a report of improper delivery and that the chain of command would take care of it. We didn’t hear anything for three weeks. While we were waiting we came under fire so we dumped a bunch of them in the Hescoes. We didn’t dig those ones back out.”
    After military officials realized the initial error, the ballots were then sent back to the U.S. but suffered a series of setbacks.

Twelve boxes of ballots were dropped overboard during delivery to the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) in the Persian Gulf, then while the ship sailed to Bahrain, postal clerks allegedly pocketed whatever ballots they wanted.

The remaining absentee ballots were loaded onto a C-130, but the flight was delayed until November 1st so the crew could get tax free pay for the month. Once the ballots arrived stateside they were promptly mailed to each state’s counting facility, reaching their final destination on November 7th.

“It’s a shame,” Rear Admiral John Dawes said when asked for comment. “I expected a delay so I ordered that everyone cast their votes eight months ago. It’s really unfortunate that our mail system failed us and directly affected the course of history.”

Upon hearing the news, angry Republicans have begun a demand for a recount, but most military absentee voters have shrugged off the news, with many wondering whether the care packages their families sent six months ago were ever going to show up.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good lord
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you check the about us section of that website you will see it is a satire site. It is a fake news story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shogun1122 Click here to enlarge
    If you check the about us section of that website you will see it is a satire site. It is a fake news story.
    Well then I'm no longer angry if the military voices were heard.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    still be angry, that story is fake, but i was reading about 80% of depployed members didnt get a chance to vote

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im onloy a few towns north of my own home, and it was a HUGE deal here. JAG was getting questioned non stop because commanders "thought" we couldnt vote in uniforms... and we had to be in our own towns to vote.. theres a misconception among most servicemembers that you cant say or do anything political, which is not true.. as i had to explain to many meany senior officer and enlisted members with my bumper stickers Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My father voted and hes all the way in Afghanistan....not sure why its so hard....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    time/operational tempo, ability to ensure address and names correct have a role. civilian and actual military have vastly different missions and scheduling. Combat zones and OCONUS locations have different process's so 1 person getting to vote is not indicative of the whole process. 'Stan, qatar, kuwait are some highly populated places, germany, okinowa, italy, korea ect, are also absantee ballots.

2nd, voting is one thing, having your vote counted is the other half of the fight

just read only 4.6% of 2million votes recieved were counted a few years ago

we can all agree, its a government run system, so it has huge flaws, even if everyone were to do their unbiased part