Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 220
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    either way....my car is NOT being built for a road course as its being built for the standing mile and the 1/4....which i am hard pressed to believe stickys car will be faster against a built V with more boost and on spray...VERY hard pressed to believe it...like i said last night get that car and yourself over here to NJ....you will meet me first
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    And it continues...

    Sticky wants to convey in any and every way that an M3 is a capable car. The irony here is that nobody has said it is not, to the contrary as with all cars the M3 has some weaknesses. Among them are its small displacement and lack of torque... They can be overcome at a price and that price is significant compared to many market competitors. Cars like the Corvette, Mustang GT/Boss 302/GT500, CTS-V, Camaro, 370Z, EVO and a host of other platforms. Is the M3 an efficient motor, it certainly is. Its a well rounded car but we also know that sans boost it's no serious threat on the street. Boosted M's to be serious contenders need boost and the 600hp plus kits are the ones that show decent speed. Trapping 130-134 is very fast for any car and for an M3 its top of the heap. The problem is that you can go faster, with back seats for the same money or less with the Mustang, Camaro, V, EVO, STI for instance.

    Sticky is hung up on build quality, ergonomics and styling along with the Roundel on the hood. Nothing wrong with that at all its a valid point however its not the end all be all. The M3 is NOT faster than most of the aforementioned rides even when boosted and they have like mods. We know that Mustangs, Camaros, and Vette's will trap higher and run lower ET's with comparable mods and they are like the M3 non boosted from the factory. We know FBO V's with stock blowers run faster traps/ET's than boosted M3's by and large. And we know upgraded Turbo STI's and EVO's go very well when done right, emphasis on being done right.

    There are many ways to go fast, people choose according to preference. I prefer Vette's as my weapon of choice as I know as my car sits once completed its a 9sec car that will pull over 1G on a skidpad on street tires and top out near 200mph. I am unaware of any M3's that have cracked the 9sec mark or the 200mph barrier. 1G on street tires maybe they are phenomenal handling cars IMO. Dan chose the V, Squeeze the Z, Blaizon the 335I, Lost chose the M3 and each of these cars is fast in their own right. Sticky chose the M3 as well.

    I called out Sticky and said lets set a date, come on out to NJ with the M3 and he would have host of cars to run. M3's, V's, Z's, Vette's, GTR's, 911's and so on. He blew it off... At the end of the day we all want the same thing and thats to go fast.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Points
    2,017.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I feel this is going in circles. We all have our one favorite cars, and no one is going to change that. However, facts are facts, logic is logic, and physics is physics. How can you possibly think there are no 200 MPH M3's when we have over 1000 RWP inline-6 S54s? That doesn't even make sense. If the E46 M could be launched properly - we would be in 8s - no doubt about this with that power to weight. Maybe when HPF figures out their drag car, we will see it - till then, it doesn't exist because it hasn't been done? A 1000 RWHP car cannot be faster than a 700 HP car with twice the weight? That makes no sense.

    Here's an e92 M3 with pretty much the lowest amount of boost running over 200 MPH:

    I agree with most of what else you say, but I feel you are the one that has something against/are attacking the M to be honest. I personally don't get it - but it doesn't matter.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Points
    2,017.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Think about this from another standpoint. The e46 M3 beats a CTS-V around a power track like the 'Ring, and an E9X does the same... I think we can all admit stock for stock that M3s are NOT as fast as a V in a straight line. Think about this. This means that the M's are THAT much faster everywhere else but the straights if the CTS-V is close to the times of an M car for a given track.


    I don't see how these cars can be compared (for proper track use, not 1/4 mile nonsense) to be honest.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I feel this is going in circles. We all have our one favorite cars, and no one is going to change that. However, facts are facts, logic is logic, and physics is physics. How can you possibly think there are no 200 MPH M3's when we have over 1000 RWP inline-6 S54s? That doesn't even make sense. If the E46 M could be launched properly - we would be in 8s - no doubt about this with that power to weight. Maybe when HPF figures out their drag car, we will see it - till then, it doesn't exist because it hasn't been done? A 1000 RWHP car cannot be faster than a 700 HP car with twice the weight? That makes no sense.

    Here's an e92 M3 with pretty much the lowest amount of boost running over 200 MPH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8CPpFN1fkw

    I agree with most of what else you say, but I feel you are the one that has something against/are attacking the M to be honest. I personally don't get it - but it doesn't matter.
    none of us have anything against the m3...we werent even talking about it until captain S65 decided to interject

    That's not bad. But to put it in perspective, an M3 will make a little less with just a supercharger for far less money. Just want to put in context.

    The ZR1 to really strut its stuff needs a blower upgrade which we should see plenty of options for that motor coming out or that already exist.
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Think about this from another standpoint. The e46 M3 beats a CTS-V around a power track like the 'Ring, and an E9X does the same... I think we can all admit stock for stock that M3s are NOT as fast as a V in a straight line. Think about this. This means that the M's are THAT much faster everywhere else but the straights if the CTS-V is close to the times of an M car for a given track.


    I don't see how these cars can be compared (for proper track use, not 1/4 mile nonsense) to be honest.
    1/4 mile non sense?....you have your track and i have mine.....road course isnt my thing and i like speed in excess of 140mph....so 1/4 and rollons are where i am at...so nonsense...NO
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    and also the 200mph i think @Sledgehammer was talking about i think he meant 200mph in a standing mile....which no M3 has done to my knowledge....or V for that matter....but the vettes you better believe it has
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Points
    2,017.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    and also the 200mph i think @Sledgehammer was talking about i think he meant 200mph in a standing mile....which no M3 has done to my knowledge....or V for that matter....but the vettes you better believe it has
    gotcha - didn't understand the 200 mph thing. You are right re: nonsense, you have your reasons I have mine. I contradicted my whole point with that one word. Alright, carry on with this I guess. Click here to enlarge

    cheers.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I feel this is going in circles. We all have our one favorite cars, and no one is going to change that. However, facts are facts, logic is logic, and physics is physics. How can you possibly think there are no 200 MPH M3's when we have over 1000 RWP inline-6 S54s? That doesn't even make sense. If the E46 M could be launched properly - we would be in 8s - no doubt about this with that power to weight. Maybe when HPF figures out their drag car, we will see it - till then, it doesn't exist because it hasn't been done? A 1000 RWHP car cannot be faster than a 700 HP car with twice the weight? That makes no sense.

    Here's an e92 M3 with pretty much the lowest amount of boost running over 200 MPH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8CPpFN1fkw

    I agree with most of what else you say, but I feel you are the one that has something against/are attacking the M to be honest. I personally don't get it - but it doesn't matter.
    Either you have not read that post of mines or you pick what you wanted to pick out... I have no issue against the E9X M3 I like the car a great deal. But its not the be all end all and Sticky goes on and on without typically showing something to back up his point.

    I was very careful to say " I am unaware of" when referring to the 200mph statement and specifically we are talking about the E9X not the E46 chassis. Sticky"s contention has focused to the E9X chassis only, no mention of the E46.

    I've owned 80 plus cars in over 20 years including E36 & E46 M3's and among my current cars drive a M Sport 328XI. I'm not that dude and have no issue with a brand that I own and have owned previously.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    504
    Rep Points
    825.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I love you guys. Click here to enlarge

    You make my slow days at work bearable lol.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Points
    2,017.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Understood. I misinterpreted the 200mph quote. I see now you have mentioned many times you like the M. It just seems the banter is a little harsh/people are taking it personal/etc... This is a fun place to hear each other's opinions, see their videos, hear their successes and failures. When it gets to the point where people are getting genuinely upset/mad, I think it's a little ridiculous is all.

    Now I sound like a poof.

    80 cars in 20 years? Like cars much? Click here to enlarge

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Points
    2,017.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I love you guys. Click here to enlarge

    You make my slow days at work bearable lol.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    These debates always crack me up. I wonder how this would go down if we were all at the same venue??? I know Steve, Sean, Cliff and myself wouldn't hold back...Dan too. I just find this $#@! funny...anyways, off to the gym.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    These debates always crack me up. I wonder how this would go down if we were all at the same venue??? I know Steve, Sean, Cliff and myself wouldn't hold back...Dan too. I just find this $#@! funny...anyways, off to the gym.

    would be very interesting.....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    These debates always crack me up. I wonder how this would go down if we were all at the same venue??? I know Steve, Sean, Cliff and myself wouldn't hold back...Dan too. I just find this $#@! funny...anyways, off to the gym.
    I'm up for a run anytime... Vette will done early Dec and broken in as weather allows. I love a good romp LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I'm up for a run anytime... Vette will done early Dec and broken in as weather allows. I love a good romp LOL
    o god dont provoke captain unicorn
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I'm up for a run anytime... Vette will done early Dec and broken in as weather allows. I love a good romp LOL
    so am i adding you to the ER list?

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so am i adding you to the ER list?
    Thought I said that already but yes sir...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    All im saying is that the V is not bad on a road course....and not getting "whooped" like sticky says
    It's not bad on the road course by any means but you have to understand the gap between the cars will only increase the tighter a track gets.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    either way....my car is NOT being built for a road course as its being built for the standing mile and the 1/4....which i am hard pressed to believe stickys car will be faster against a built V with more boost and on spray...VERY hard pressed to believe it...like i said last night get that car and yourself over here to NJ....you will meet me first
    Are we going out for dinner first or something?

    No prob, 1/4 mile racing on the East Coast is definitely something I want to do. Why you guys are taking it personal I have no clue.

    Do your thing.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Think about this. This means that the M's are THAT much faster everywhere else but the straights if the CTS-V is close to the times of an M car for a given track.
    Exactly.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    none of us have anything against the m3...we werent even talking about it until captain S65 decided to interject
    Hold on now, maybe not you as much but others have been talking down in other threads across the forum. I simply stated a blown M3 is on par with a ZR1 which makes it look impressive. Others took offense to that as if it can't be possible which as it turns out it is.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I called out Sticky and said lets set a date, come on out to NJ with the M3 and he would have host of cars to run. M3's, V's, Z's, Vette's, GTR's, 911's and so on. He blew it off... At the end of the day we all want the same thing and thats to go fast.
    Any sane person would blow off something idiotic like that. I'm supposed to what, test out my car, get a trailer, or have it shipped, on some date when I don't even have the car yet and it isn't broken in?

    I'm running the 1/4 mile here before going on some cross country quest to satisfy you of all people.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    These debates always crack me up. I wonder how this would go down if we were all at the same venue??? I know Steve, Sean, Cliff and myself wouldn't hold back...Dan too. I just find this $#@! funny...anyways, off to the gym.
    The more you guys type the more your mentality sounds gradeschool/playgroundish.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Any sane person would blow off something idiotic like that. I'm supposed to what, test out my car, get a trailer, or have it shipped, on some date when I don't even have the car yet and it isn't broken in?

    I'm running the 1/4 mile here before going on some cross country quest to satisfy you of all people.
    You made the statements of coming to the East Coast to show what your car can do. Thats your quest not ours... Moreover in post 195 you state you WANT to come to the East Coast. Now I have no real expectation that somehow you're a man of your word and that you will show. However I challenged you directly in effort to eliminate the BS & speculation. Somehow you act as though you cant plan a trip and secure a shipping company for the car based around a date that works for you. Common sense would dictate you need to first find and get the Unicorn home. Then break it in, run some shake down runs and tweak as needed before you go on a national tour. That being said show up or not doesnt matter either way I merely pointed out you blew off the challenge. You decide to step up and follow your own words we're here...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •