Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 220
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    And yet another thread down the $#@!ter with the back&forth drivel....
    Nah, not really. Thread would have died a long time ago. There's some good info in here.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Well let me throw my what if in there then....if i wanted ZR1 speed with back seats and a much nicer interior i could have just bought a CTS-V and modded it and be 20k away from either one of those numbers....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    /close thread
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    so @Sticky we have here....


    CTS-V 66k +7k in mods = +200whp/+200wtq high 9 sec caddy ALL DAY
    ZR1 115k +7K in mods = +200whp/+200wtq mid 9 sec ZR1 ALL DAY
    M3 74k +15k in mods = + 100whp/+80wtq mid 10 sec M3


    i think chevy got you beat there
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    CTS-V 66k +7k in mods = +200whp/+200wtq high 9 sec caddy ALL DAY
    How much did you spend in mods? Your car is running 9's?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ZR1 115k +7K in mods = +200whp/+200wtq mid 9 sec ZR1 ALL DAY
    M3 74k +15k in mods = + 100whp/+80wtq mid 10 sec M3


    i think chevy got you beat there
    So now you have to use a modded ZR1, at 122k, to beat an M3 with a blower? Once again, M3 looking stronger and stronger and a better and better value...

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How much did you spend in mods? Your car is running 9's?



    So now you have to use a modded ZR1, at 122k, to beat an M3 with a blower? Once again, M3 looking stronger and stronger and a better and better value...
    my car probably will Sticky but that exactly the same build as Manny, the guy you saw before he decided to build that RHS....its 9 sec proven...cmon man...dont start with the V cant do 9s again....ive proven you wrong on ALL counts regarding that

    also you missed my point of throwing my what if in there....i was mainly talking about the V....which is a better comparable car to the M3 than the ZR1 and stock for stock WILL outperform your S65 and mod for mod WILL STILL outperform your S65
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    my car probably will Sticky but that exactly the same build as Manny, the guy you saw before he decided to build that RHS....its 9 sec proven...cmon man...dont start with the V cant do 9s again....ive proven you wrong on ALL counts regarding that
    I never said the V can't do 9's I was asking about yours.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    also you missed my point of throwing my what if in there....i was mainly talking about the V....which is a better comparable car to the M3 than the ZR1 and stock for stock WILL outperform your S65 and mod for mod WILL STILL outperform your S65
    Only because it is forced induction from the factory and in all honesty for a blown 6.2 liter didn't we have an M3 with bolt on's beat you at the track? With a 4.0 liter motor without boost?

    I mean the M3 is a lot lighter and has a quicker shifting transmission. Plus it will whoop the CTS-V around the roadcourse so I mean you pretty much have no choice but to go with straightline speed. Regardless, the M3 has all forged internals and from what I have seen from your car you need to build yours before going further.

    So, GM kind of went cheap on the LSA with the cast pieces didn't they? BMW doesn't do that in the M3.

    Regardless, I proved my point and we can all respect the various types of cars. It's just a shame a small group continuously hates on the M3 yet it continuously overachieves. And yep, offers ZR1 performance for less money with a blower Click here to enlarge

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I never said the V can't do 9's I was asking about yours.



    Only because it is forced induction from the factory and in all honesty for a blown 6.2 liter didn't we have an M3 with bolt on's beat you at the track? With a 4.0 liter motor without boost?

    I mean the M3 is a lot lighter and has a quicker shifting transmission. Plus it will whoop the CTS-V around the roadcourse so I mean you pretty much have no choice but to go with straightline speed. Regardless, the M3 has all forged internals and from what I have seen from your car you need to build yours before going further.

    So, GM kind of went cheap on the LSA with the cast pieces didn't they? BMW doesn't do that in the M3.

    Regardless, I proved my point and we can all respect the various types of cars. It's just a shame a small group continuously hates on the M3 yet it continuously overachieves. And yep, offers ZR1 performance for less money with a blower Click here to enlarge

    when did an M3 beat me at the track @Sticky? I have actually yet to be beaten by one if you comparing ET or Trap or both....i got tree'd for sure but not legitimately beaten
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    and no the M3 will not whoop the V around the road course....as you must not remember when bob lutz held that competition only 1 M3 beat him and it was still close...
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    `All im saying @Sticky is if I take an owner or a V and M3 both bone stock and:

    Drag Race - the V will always win
    Give them 2K in mod money and Drag - the V will always win
    Give them 5K in mod money and Drag- the V will always win
    Give them 15K in mod money and Drag- the V will always win
    Give them 20K in mod money and Drag- the V will always win

    do you see the trend? honestly i dont car about the road course but i know the V can hold its own....why would a big time track like monticello choose CTS-Vs as their track car and not M3s especially with BMW NA right in their back yard?
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Versus THAT VF M3. It doesn't change the fact the M3 with a blower is actually making more power than a stock ZR1 and has run the same traps as your "fastest" stock ZR1. So my point still stands and is proven, thanks.
    it does change the fact that no single m3 has gone faster than a single ZR1, FACT

    It does mean that no M3 has bested tire ZR1, FACT

    It does mean that 1 M3 has had mph comparable to a stock ZR1, FACT


    more power and less mph is not a GOOD thing, FACT

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    it does change the fact that no single m3 has gone faster than a single ZR1, FACT

    It does mean that no M3 has bested tire ZR1, FACT

    It does mean that 1 M3 has had mph comparable to a stock ZR1, FACT


    more power and less mph is not a GOOD thing, FACT
    Church... Let us now read the scripture from the book of Common Sense.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    it does change the fact that no single m3 has gone faster than a single ZR1, FACT

    It does mean that no M3 has bested tire ZR1, FACT

    It does mean that 1 M3 has had mph comparable to a stock ZR1, FACT


    more power and less mph is not a GOOD thing, FACT




    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Church... Let us now read the scripture from the book of Common Sense.
    LOL Amen to that.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    52.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I drive an un-modded (other than suspension) 1999 E55 AMG and have beaten un modded M3's...... My car is 13 years old....just sayin....

    I really love the V's as well as the Vette. I'm not an M3 hater at all, as a matter of fact I think they are very cool cars.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    it does change the fact that no single m3 has gone faster than a single ZR1, FACT

    It does mean that no M3 has bested tire ZR1, FACT

    It does mean that 1 M3 has had mph comparable to a stock ZR1, FACT


    more power and less mph is not a GOOD thing, FACT
    Nobody claimed m3's were faster than zr1's especially in the aftermarket the claim was showing the m3 in comparison can compete performance wise with a stock zr1 for less money. What are you having trouble with?

    M3's have run the same trap so your point makes no sense. You aren't getting it or debating the correct topic but instead throwing out irrelevant points.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    `All im saying @Sticky is if I take an owner or a V and M3 both bone stock and:

    Drag Race - the V will always win
    Give them 2K in mod money and Drag - the V will always win
    Give them 5K in mod money and Drag- the V will always win
    Give them 15K in mod money and Drag- the V will always win
    Give them 20K in mod money and Drag- the V will always win

    do you see the trend? honestly i dont car about the road course but i know the V can hold its own....why would a big time track like monticello choose CTS-Vs as their track car and not M3s especially with BMW NA right in their back yard?
    As I said straight line is your only refuge due to the V not being as solid of an all around performance car and due to the weight disparity the m3 doesn't even give up much in stock form. The m3 is a far better all around car especially with its road course prowess in comparison. The V handles decent for a boat don't get me wrong.

    Obviouslt the V is cheaper to mod, nothing new. But an m3 with forced induction craps on a stock or bolt on V for that matter. With an upgraded blower you are trapping a few mph more than an m3 with high compression and low boost right?

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E55pilot Click here to enlarge
    I drive an un-modded (other than suspension) 1999 E55 AMG and have beaten un modded M3's...... My car is 13 years old....just sayin....

    I really love the V's as well as the Vette. I'm not an M3 hater at all, as a matter of fact I think they are very cool cars.
    Your stock m113 powered e55 would get eaten alive by an e92 m3 you aren't beating them it's not even close. The e46 is more than enoih let alone the e92 so what are you talking about regarding your mid to high 13 second e55 which couldn't beat the e39 m5?

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    and no the M3 will not whoop the V around the road course....as you must not remember when bob lutz held that competition only 1 M3 beat him and it was still close...
    Now you are really sipping kool-aid.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    when did an M3 beat me at the track @Sticky ? I have actually yet to be beaten by one if you comparing ET or Trap or both....i got tree'd for sure but not legitimately beaten
    Could have sworn I pointed put you struggled against bolt on m3's your first time out to the strip...

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    52.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your stock m113 powered e55 would get eaten alive by an e92 m3 you aren't beating them it's not even close. The e46 is more than enoih let alone the e92 so what are you talking about regarding your mid to high 13 second e55 which couldn't beat the e39 m5?
    Not an e92 but have cliped a few e46's though. As for the e39 M5, unless the driver of the M5 knows how to shift then it's a tossup. A 2004 E55 eats up your M cars (stock). BMW fanboy much? lol

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E55pilot Click here to enlarge
    Not an e92 but have cliped a few e46's though. As for the e39 M5, unless the driver of the M5 knows how to shift then it's a tossup. A 2004 E55 eats up your M cars (stock). BMW fanboy much? lol
    if you cant handle and E92 M3, then you really arent eating anything up then.. as thats an M car Click here to enlarge

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E55pilot Click here to enlarge
    Not an e92 but have cliped a few e46's though. As for the e39 M5, unless the driver of the M5 knows how to shift then it's a tossup. A 2004 E55 eats up your M cars (stock). BMW fanboy much? lol
    Really isn't a tossup, the E39 M5 dynos more and runs 108 trap speed stock. It's the faster car the only way it loses is with a poor driver. Also being manual it has lower drivetrain losses.

    A 2004 E55 eats M cars up stock? I ran 12.1 with bolt on's and 130 traps with a blower. I'd eat your car and all E55's out there easily. Not being a fanboy, it's reality. I think you are being the fanboy overestimating your car.

    In my E46 M3 I never had trouble with W210 E55's either. Their only strength is from a stop with the auto so the M driver just needs to be above average and he will win, E46, E92, E39, E60, pretty much every M car since 2001...

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Could have sworn I pointed put you struggled against bolt on m3's your first time out to the strip...
    ?...that i ran 12.6 the first time because i didnt know how to drive the car?.....knocked off a whole half second and added another 3mph when i realized i needed to drive in the right mode...so no...you do not pass go or collect $200 sir....when i see an m3 BONE STOCK run a 12.1@116.8 i will concede....fyi the v BONE stock record is 11.8@119....nowhere near a BONE STOCK m3
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Now you are really sipping kool-aid.
    your sipping that good $#@!...didnt even realize the M3 DIDNT win...i thought it did....he just beat bob lutz thats all...john heinricy beat them all...the time speak for themselves sticky...BONE STOCK CARS.....concede


    monticello track results
    1. Cadillac CTS-V (John Heinricy): 2:46:560
    2. Cadillac CTS-V (Brian Redman): 2:49:183
    3. Cadillac CTS-V (Aaron Link): 2:48:902
    4. BMW M3 (Michael Cooper): 2.50:424
    5. Cadillac CTS-V (Jack Baruth): 2:51:153
    6. Cadillac CTS-V (Lawrence Ulrich): 2:53:026
    7. Cadillac CTS-V (Bob Lutz): 2:56:321
    8. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Wes Siler): 3:08.126
    9. BMW M5 (Michael Mainwald): 3:08:989
    10. Cadillac CTS-V (Chris Fairman.): 3:14:292
    11. Audi RS4 (Tom Loder): 3:15:702
    12. Jaguar XF (Archan Basu): 3:16.670
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ?...that i ran 12.6 the first time because i didnt know how to drive the car?.....knocked off a whole half second and added another 3mph when i realized i needed to drive in the right mode...so no...you do not pass go or collect $200 sir....when i see an m3 BONE STOCK run a 12.1@116.8 i will concede....fyi the v BONE stock record is 11.8@119....nowhere near a BONE STOCK m3
    That's fine as is your explanation but if the CTS-V is so overwhelmingly dominant, which it clearly isn't, a 4.0 liter NA V8 shouldn't be running quicker times should it? So clearly the M3 isn't all that weak.

    Bone stock M3's have gone 115... not bad. The CTS-V is faster stock for stock obviously but it's not really all that big of a difference for a supercharged 6.2 liter. Bigger motor plus blower and the M3 isn't far behind? Well, I'd say again that makes the M3 look impressive.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •