Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

How is Obama helping the middle class?

I, as well as many would like to know. I know he is going to $#@! the industry that I work in (orthopedic)...according to Obama...the auto industry is booming....is that true? I know Medtronic...my employeer...has been moving $#@! to Puerto Rico and has just bought a place in china. I know it doesn't .matter to a lot of you rich dudes but to peopletime me and my wife...I just don't want our hard work to go to waste because we are not poor. If Obama gets his way.....we will soon be(poor)

Northern Indiana.....(Next detroit)
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)

He's helping by eliminating it completely so therefore it's never an issue ever again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yay, death to turbo capitalism! Good news from the west!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Exactly, Communism.
    Part 2 starts today

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Wow...being drunk and posting from your phone doesnt mix....lol sorry.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Turbine industry will suffer, his 55 billion dollar defense budget cut will force our company to either lay people off or move them around to places they dont want to work. A lot of the defense money goes into R&D, and that is the first industry to go when defense gets a budget cut, that is going to kill a lot of jobs for me and my friends.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The middle class has been hurt by globalization, starting a long time ago. This country through policy put the middle class in competition with workers all over the world and the middle class has paid the price. Your management and most other manglements with a manufacturing component have moved production overseas to protect or increase profits.

Wait till policy allows doctors, lawyers, engineers and other high income earners to compete with their overseas competitors, and then the high income earners will be hurt too. Oh wait.... they have lobbyists...that will never happen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    And the slide continues. All very good for all the blue collar workers who have lost 5% in their pensions this week because of obamo.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i learned today, that O really is helping the middle class.. if you are inclined to cheat the system.. somehow all the filthy people around me, are raking in the dough through various "legal" chanels.. oh what a world..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Working within the system and 'cheating' the system are two very different concepts.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

5% is a lot to give up, depending on how much you have saved. Guess I will have to find other places to put my retirement funds so that they stay away from lazy bums hands.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The middle class has been hurt by globalization, starting a long time ago. This country through policy put the middle class in competition with workers all over the world and the middle class has paid the price. Your management and most other manglements with a manufacturing component have moved production overseas to protect or increase profits.

Wait till policy allows doctors, lawyers, engineers and other high income earners to compete with their overseas competitors, and then the high income earners will be hurt too. Oh wait.... they have lobbyists...that will never happen?
    IT is getting killed by off shoring. A software engineer making $100k in the US has to compete with people in India making $13/hr. doctors and lawyers are safe because a physical presence is needed, but engineering, etc is all fair game now and has been for 10+ years.

When this first started up, we had a "town hall" with upper mgmt that wanted to offshore most of our IT staff. Someone stood up and proposed that we would take a pay cut if it meant not laying people off and sending jobs offshore. The response: "Why not take a pay cut AND move jobs offshore?" So yeah, management is definitely playing hardball.

Im just about to the point of saying "$#@! it" and jumping to the other side of the fence. Why the hell should I have 1/2 of my income taxed away and then stand in line to see the same doctor as the guy that hasn't done $#@! in 10 years? We all know where this is going to end up... If everyone got out now, the whole thing would go to hell fast than they could imagine.
    Click here to enlarge

Current:
    '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '00 S2000
    Previous:
    '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge

so....globalization single handedly killed our manufacturing NOT labor unions? got it.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    IT is getting killed by off shoring. A software engineer making $100k in the US has to compete with people in India making $13/hr. doctors and lawyers are safe because a physical presence is needed, but engineering, etc is all fair game now and has been for 10+ years.

When this first started up, we had a "town hall" with upper mgmt that wanted to offshore most of our IT staff. Someone stood up and proposed that we would take a pay cut if it meant not laying people off and sending jobs offshore. The response: "Why not take a pay cut AND move jobs offshore?" So yeah, management is definitely playing hardball.

Im just about to the point of saying "$#@! it" and jumping to the other side of the fence. Why the hell should I have 1/2 of my income taxed away and then stand in line to see the same doctor as the guy that hasn't done $#@! in 10 years? We all know where this is going to end up... If everyone got out now, the whole thing would go to hell fast than they could imagine.
    it makes you wonder what the Left thinks of the gainfully employed in the private sector... stupid? tolerant? too busy working to pay their taxes to fight for their representation? all of the above?

small business is going to take the biggest hit. several friends of mine who worked for small businesses were recently laid off or will be laid off due to the increased cost of health insurance.
    my company won't be hiring next year (even though we need more staff badly) for the same reasons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

You can blame other countries all you like but tell me this, how much more would you be willing to pay for products and services? Taking the insurance market as an example, are you willing to pay twice what you current pay for your medical, auto and house insurance so that the profits are taxed in the sites?

Using your example, someone earning 13 an hour is replaced by someone in the states 40 an hour. Are you going to pay 50% or 60% more for a software program made in the us?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Using your example, someone earning 13 an hour is replaced by someone in the states 40 an hour. Are you going to pay 50% or 60% more for a software program made in the us?
    I think you have it backwards. The software was always developed in the US. When the jobs went overseas, the consumer never saw the price go down. The savings went to the company bottom line. Certainly that helped offset price hikes in other areas that did help consumers. But we also don't have the choice in software. You can't look at a box and see that the program was developed in country x, like you can see a tag on a shirt. So we really don't have the option to buy American and pay the premium. And yes, I do shop for things based on country of origin, and will pay a premium for US goods in many situations.

The bottom line is that we live in a first world economy and have to compete with workers in a third world economy. Do you think it's reasonable for a technical professional to work for the same wage as a shift lead at Starbucks? If the pay were equal, I'd much rather make lattes all day than do what I do now.
    Last edited by whoosh; 11-09-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Damn iPad
    Click here to enlarge

Current:
    Previous:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge

it makes you wonder what the Left thinks of the gainfully employed in the private sector... stupid? tolerant? too busy working to pay their taxes to fight for their representation? all of the above?
    The left doesn't think. They believe they have the moral authority to do what they do, and they know they have the power of government to force anyone that disagrees to step into line. They now have a majority of the electorate that will continue to vote for their handouts.

There is no turning back now. Dr. Paul acknowledged as much after the election. We have already begun the downward spiral of taxes to pay for entitlements. The trigger at this point will be when confidence in the dollar drops to the point where we are no longer able to keep up the appearance of solvency. That's when the real $#@! hits the fan.
    Click here to enlarge

Current:
    Previous:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    When the jobs went overseas, the consumer never saw the price go down. The savings went to the company bottom line.
    I would agree with this, they are always padding the bottom line.

Minor example here but video game companies started outsourcing programmers and on top of that went to digital distribution. Saved tons of money... prices stayed the same but they padded the bottom line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Any you will pay double for medical insurance?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)

Any you will pay double for medical insurance?
    Will I? I don't know, I already have health insurance and I'm happy with it just hope they don't screw it up. Whatever, nothing I can do about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Joe,

if Obamo has his way and the insurance industry comes onshore, your medical premiums and for that matter almost all insurance will substantially increase.

if the cost of business goes up, the cost goes directly to the customer.

as the saying goes, be careful what you ask for as you might just get it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)

Joe,

if Obamo has his way and the insurance industry comes onshore, your medical premiums and for that matter almost all insurance will substantially increase.

if the cost of business goes up, the cost goes directly to the customer.

as the saying goes, be careful what you ask for as you might just get it.
    I'm not asking for higher prices. I'm just saying it's out of my hands.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Working within the system and 'cheating' the system are two very different concepts.
    lol, i would say 1 guy, 3 kids, 2 different women; man and 1 woman live together with 3 kids, but each adult claims a different residence and each claims 1 kid, would be if true, legal, but situation is not true or accurate..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

well, he's single handedly jump started precious metals trading in the last few days.. mainly brass and lead

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...l-gun-grab.htm
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ocks-and-sales
    my BIGGEST reason for hatred against that man......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    well, he's single handedly jump started precious metals trading in the last few days.. mainly brass and lead

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...l-gun-grab.htm
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ocks-and-sales
    my BIGGEST reason for hatred against that man......
    I invest before every election and have never lost money.
    Click here to enlarge

Current:
    Previous:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    so....globalization single handedly killed our manufacturing NOT labor unions? got it.
    Labor unions sat across the table from manglements that gave them what they wanted in their contracts as long as their salaries and bonuses continued to increase at ridiculous rates. They could give a isht where profits come from or who provided them as long as they kept coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast