Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    As do I. Mines even a February of '07 build. Benzy needs a fact check
    Known facts homie, that's why ER sells a retrofit kit, bob mentioned that his car didn't originally come with an oil cooler & @LostMarine didn't have one on his 335 either (IIRC)

I just doubled checked:
    • Cars with an '06 Build Date with an MT were sold with an Oil Cooler
    • Cars with an '06 Build Date with an AT were NOT
    • '07 Build with Sports Packages received Oil Coolers
    • '08+ Build, Oil Cooler was a Standard Feature
    Last edited by benzy89; 11-05-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Known facts homie, that's why ER sells a retrofit kit, bob mentioned that his car didn't originally come with an oil cooler & @LostMarine didn't have one on his 335 either (IIRC)

I just doubled checked:
    • Cars with an '06 Build Date with an MT were sold with an Oil Cooler
    • Cars with an '06 Build Date with an AT were NOT
    • '07 Build with Sports Packages received Oil Coolers
    • '08+ Build, Oil Cooler was a Standard Feature
    Thanks for getting the facts straight. A general statement like all MY07 didn't have an oil cooler could be percieved as misleading to some.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The main culprit to getting an oil cooler is the sports package. Ive seen many and have test driven a 2009 N54 without the sports package that didn't have an oil cooler. Main reason I thought to check if it didn't have an oil cooler is after a 10 minute test drive the oil temp was pegged at 250f and it couldn't have been hotter than 75f outside. Can't imagine how high the temp would go after beating on it. So long story short if you got the sports package there's a 99% chance you have an oil cooler. When it comes to Xi's you had to get both the sports pack and the 18" wheels to get the cooler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MY07 = No Oil Cooler. Notorious for overheating & going into Limp Mode when getting driven aggressively
    I have an 06 build base no oil cooler and have done multiple drag nights in summer heat in 90 degrees or so and or driven pass after pass and have had zero issues. I do know they have had road course track overheating issues but that has been with or without coolers.

I think if you are doing road courses and want to have little to zero issues an upgrade is a must but for the strip I think one pass and done (limp mode) is very rare/rare due to no oil cooler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    that's an old vid. Its Trill335 from Terrys forum using a JB2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1/07 build 6MT with sport package and OC Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I beleive they came with the sport package. 09/06 build w/o sport package and no OC here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    05/07 build 6MT with sport package and OC Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    I beleive they came with the sport package. 09/06 build w/o sport package and no OC here.
    I believe there was a MY update where they changed the oil temp gauge and added a oil cooler sometime between 2006/2007.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have 06 build sport pack. 18inch 162s but no oil cooler Click here to enlarge
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's an '07, he prob did this pass & then the car went Limp Mode right after he finished the pass
    Don't playa hate, Congratulate!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FYI, when the 335I came out, motortrend did a comparison test between a Manual transmission '07 335I w/oil cooler, against a G37 coupe. At willow springs, the 335I went into limp mode while on it's second lap. It's a very famous old vid. Should be easy to find on youtube. Bottomline: You don't need an oil cooler for a single pass at the drag strip.

And BTW, I have an '07 335I, that didn't come with an oil cooler. Today, I have 2. Nothing stops you from retrofitting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i saw this weeks after buying my 07. I even trie3d to get on it shortly after getting the RBs, before anyone knew i had them.. kinda going for the elaborate RB announcement. sasdly, they never got back to me... apparantly Atco owners and passtime/pinks had an issue with eacother, which is why they are never there anymore.. such a shame too.. speaking of which, i wanna see the real pinks come back.. not the all out bs they have/had

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Moved to N54 as nobody really cares about the race with the Z but what the 335 runs tune only. Car does surprise them a bit.

Wonder what tune?
    JB2 pump gas/ street tires/ everything else stock down to the paper filter. Car went a .30 on an 18 inch radial and "a little better" on a piggyback I got from Terry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's an '07, he prob did this pass & then the car went Limp Mode right after he finished the pass
    uhh no! It had the oil cooler ... Feb build! I complained about heat in the interior namely in the floorboards and BMW retrofitted the oil cooler when the car was new.

Now, Rearend... thats another story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MY07 = No Oil Cooler. Notorious for overheating & going into Limp Mode when getting driven aggressively
    Mine does. Looks like stock BMW parts to me. Quite possible that it came afterwards, mine is a 10/06 build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Mine does. Looks like stock BMW parts to me. Quite possible that it came afterwards, mine is a 10/06 build
    Early builds had to have Sport package with something to do with the wheels. My 07 didn't have an oil cooler.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Early builds had to have Sport package with something to do with the wheels. My 07 didn't have an oil cooler.
    Mine is def the sport package. But I assumed also that all E92s came with that by default? It was an E92 in the vid, yes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Mine is def the sport package. But I assumed also that all E92s came with that by default? It was an E92 in the vid, yes?
    This is old memory recollection, but it had something to do with the wheel size or options. I forget if it was 2 or 4dr related, but I know sport was the main thing. There is a sticky on it on e90 i think.
    Click here to enlarge
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I am the original owner of the e92 in the vid. It is a sports package car you can see this via the wheels and steering wheel in the vid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in 2007 you had to get the sport package and the upgraded sport wheels (162's) to get the oil cooler from what I know on mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by timtech Click here to enlarge
    in 2007 you had to get the sport package and the upgraded sport wheels (162's) to get the oil cooler from what I know on mine.
    Bingo, that was it. I just couldn't remember for sure.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by timtech Click here to enlarge
    I didn't know you could get the sports package without the upgraded wheels; I thought that was part of the "package". What would be the point of getting the upgraded suspension with the bull$#@! wheels/tires? That would be like buying a twin-turbo without a limited slip diff... Oh wait, that's how the Germans roll.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I didn't know you could get the sports package without the upgraded wheels; I thought that was part of the "package". What would be the point of getting the upgraded suspension with the bull$#@! wheels/tires? That would be like buying a twin-turbo without a limited slip diff... Oh wait, that's how the Germans roll.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I routinely answer BMW's 'quasi' questions on Twitter or G+, where they ask 'How can we improve this? We want your suggestions' or something to that effect. I answer with: "How about a limited-slip diff in your non-M cars like every other manufacturer on earth does?"

I get tons of likes and such, but no official answers from BMW. But yes, I do troll BMW because of the LSD thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast