Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Questions for OE Tuning Regarding the EZ Flash on the N54

Some questions have arisen regarding the OE Tuning solution for the N54 and I would like to get the answers for the community.

- Can you go past 14.5 psi with your flash?

- If you switch back to stock maps with the EZ Flash, will the dealer know you have modified your ECU?

- How long does it take to change flashes on the N54 using EZ flash and how many different maps can you store?

- What is the complete price of the EZ Flash and tunes for the N54?

- Any dynos on the N54 application?

Thanks

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    according to my friend there a shop in houston do dyno tune with 335i they bump the pis to 15.0 and they dyno....... 350 to the wheel on a mustang dyno

every thing stock. no intake no etc....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by greatest335i Click here to enlarge
    according to my friend there a shop in houston do dyno tune with 335i they bump the pis to 15.0 and they dyno....... 350 to the wheel on a mustang dyno

every thing stock. no intake no etc....
    Would love to get the details on this.. in a separate thread Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    me too.... u can email them and see wat they say.....http://www.secretservicesauto.com/
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by greatest335i Click here to enlarge
    me too.... u can email them and see wat they say.....http://www.secretservicesauto.com/
    Will do, if this is correct seems they may be the only ones to exceed 14.5 psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think they only cost $600...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Some questions have arisen regarding the OE Tuning solution for the N54 and I would like to get the answers for the community.

- Can you go past 14.5 psi with your flash?

- If you switch back to stock maps with the EZ Flash, will the dealer know you have modified your ECU?

- How long does it take to change flashes on the N54 using EZ flash and how many different maps can you store?

- What is the complete price of the EZ Flash and tunes for the N54?

- Any dynos on the N54 application?

Thanks
    Hello Sticky,

We have been busy all weekend on the dyno (with great success) and would now like to address these questions.

We can go past 14.5 psi with this flash, there is no limitation with our tune. The problem most DME tuners found is throttle closure with high boost.

2. The dealer cannot detect anything abnormal with the flash (no counter, etc.)

3. In our initial testing, the read for the ezflash took long (30 minutes) due to the CANbus DME. However, OE is now offering a FREE separate cable that will bypass the slow CANbus methods cut this time down to 5 minutes.

4. You can store one other map other then stock at a time, You can drag and drop a new second map at anytime in less then seconds depending on your driving style (race, valet, pump, dealer etc.)

5. The price is $790, and the flash complete with EZflash and CANbus bypass cable it will be offered at an introductory price of $999.

6. We will be independently having customer's completing N54 dynos on Saturday (modded/stock/x-drive stock) Our 91 testing has shown 60hp and 90tq on a stock car at 14psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OE Tuning East Click here to enlarge
    Hello Sticky,

We have been busy all weekend on the dyno (with great success) and would now like to address these questions.

We can go past 14.5 psi with this flash, there is no limitation with our tune. The problem most DME tuners found is throttle closure with high boost.

2. The dealer cannot detect anything abnormal with the flash (no counter, etc.)

3. In our initial testing, the read for the ezflash took long (30 minutes) due to the CANbus DME. However, OE is now offering a FREE separate cable that will bypass the slow CANbus methods cut this time down to 5 minutes.

4. You can store one other map other then stock at a time, You can drag and drop a new second map at anytime in less then seconds depending on your driving style (race, valet, pump, dealer etc.)

5. The price is $790, and the flash complete with EZflash and CANbus bypass cable it will be offered at an introductory price of $999.

6. We will be independently having customer's completing N54 dynos on Saturday (modded/stock/x-drive stock) Our 91 testing has shown 60hp and 90tq on a stock car at 14psi.
    Thank you for the detailed response, much appreciated.

I find it interesting that you consider the CANbus slow and that bypassing it saves to much time, very interesting.

Also glad to hear you can bypass 14.5 psi, this changes things in the N54 tuning scene.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

How do you guard against the ECU recording actual PSI levels which contnues to plague the flash tuning scene for the N54?

Secondly, there have been reports from GIAC and others that reflashing over newer versions of the BMW software has created some significant challenges. Have you tested your solution on multiple BMW versions?
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very interesting Click here to enlarge