Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 174
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's definitely lowered just not sure to what.

    Hoping I didn't go too low on my compression.
    Hope you didnt go to low with a centrifugal blower the car would be a slug out down low. I hope you didnt go lower than 9:5:1.

    I would have put a bigger blower on the car for sure than stick with the SI. YSI and let the car rip a T Trim is only a slight upgrade from the SI only flow 50CFM's more.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Hope you didnt go to low with a centrifugal blower the car would be a slug out down low.
    It's going to be a slug no matter what. It was a slug down low with the stock compression.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    I hope you didnt go lower than 9:5:1.
    I didn't.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    I would have put a bigger blower on the car for sure than stick with the SI. YSI and let the car rip a T Trim is only a slight upgrade from the SI only flow 50CFM's more.
    Ya but you can overspin the T-trim impeller more. The YSI is definitely a good start I'd go even bigger if I could. I want a Procharger F1-X but we'll figure that out later.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I agree with you on the oil starvation, which is what I'm primarily worried about. You guys got any way to address it?

    Tuning alone can ruin it, but the S65 can take a beating.
    No, we do not have a 100% way to prevent it but a shorter oil change interval along with sending your oil out for analysis might be a good thing to do.
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 10-25-2012 at 12:28 PM.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    No 100% way to prevent it but changing your oil in shorter intervals and sending your oil out for analysis might be a good thing to do.
    Why is there no 100% way to prevent it? What about upgraded fuel pumps or dry sump?

    Why is the oil starvation an issue?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's going to be a slug no matter what. It was a slug down low with the stock compression.
    But you said in another thread that M3s in stock form are faster from down low than a 335, and a 335 is not a slug in any form really...and here it's a slug?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    An oil change at 5k should be fine.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    But you said in another thread that M3s in stock form are faster from down low than a 335, and a 335 is not a slug in any form really...and here it's a slug?
    I think you misunderstand, throttle response down low in stock form is better.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    An oil change at 5k should be fine.
    So more frequent oil change prevents oil starvation?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So more frequent oil change prevents oil starvation?
    Maybe if it gets too worn out and watery it cavitates the pump and can't do its job protecting the bearings on the crank? I would always change it at 5k. $#@! 7500 or more.

    Well any kind of throttle response from down low is gonna be a slug in any car...you just aren't moving enough air to really get the motor up and going.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Empty post.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's going to be a slug no matter what. It was a slug down low with the stock compression.



    I didn't.



    Ya but you can overspin the T-trim impeller more. The YSI is definitely a good start I'd go even bigger if I could. I want a Procharger F1-X but we'll figure that out later.


    It will get worse and be more of a slug the lower you go wiht compression. Also you can over sping the SI and well people over spin Vortech blower all them time. For a built motor the YSI has to be used if it was my M it's a V8 for gods sake.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I think the different vendors, have chosen differnt paths, i think some have gone too low comp., so its providing less than expected results

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Changing your oil more frequently on a high reving motor wont exactly stop oil starvation by any means since starvation would conclude that no oil is in the engine. I was talking more about the motor oil "additives" wearing out and the lubricating qualities that protect your engine beginning to steadily diminish.

    The s65 does run a ton of oil pressure though so maybe its a harmonics issue causing it to spin a bearing ? These are all guesses but I would love to know for sure.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    It will get worse and be more of a slug the lower you go wiht compression. Also you can over sping the SI and well people over spin Vortech blower all them time. For a built motor the YSI has to be used if it was my M it's a V8 for gods sake.
    Yes but it's about max power and top end.

    The T-Trim can be overspun more, the YSI more than either.

    You don't have to tell me about the YSI, I agree and have been saying this forever. These other guys don't get it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I think the different vendors, have chosen differnt paths, i think some have gone too low comp., so its providing less than expected results
    It's more like they went too small of a blower. They could mill the heads to raise compression.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Changing your oil more frequently on a high reving motor wont exactly stop oil starvation by any means since starvation would conclude that no oil is in the engine. I was talking more about the motor oil "additives" wearing out and the lubricating qualities that protect your engine beginning to steadily diminish.

    The s65 does run a ton of oil pressure though so maybe its a harmonics issue causing it to spin a bearing ? These are all guesses but I would love to know for sure.
    Well I don't want this oil issue to cause me problems on a built motor setup. I will have an upgraded oil system but what else can I do?

    Ok change oil quicker, fine. But what else? I have addressed the bearings.

    Upgrading the pumps is one thing, but how do I completely resolve this? Dry sump?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    369
    Rep Points
    442.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Kinda underwhelming but the car is only doing 12.5psi. When the smaller pullies go on I think anyone who decides to go for this build will deem it worthy. Isn't fuel the limiting factor for most of these ESS builds?

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    There seems to be a fuel limit around 600 whp depending on which fuelpump the car has from factory
    ( there are at least 2 or 3 types) the dme has a protection system that cuts the fuel if the motor is runnig lean.
    Some tuners are raising the lean protection system, something that is ok if done while messuring the afr.
    I am loking for a fuelupgradesystem, that could make it possible to run on E85,there are a lot of ponies to be find there.
    If someon have any suggestion heer i am all ears.
    Just bought a new M3 since i totaled my M3 on a track day 3 week ago.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well I don't want this oil issue to cause me problems on a built motor setup. I will have an upgraded oil system but what else can I do?

    Ok change oil quicker, fine. But what else? I have addressed the bearings.

    Upgrading the pumps is one thing, but how do I completely resolve this? Dry sump?
    Dry sump might work but without knowing "why" I can't begin to tell you how to fix it for sure.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    289
    Rep Points
    1,038.2
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Underwelming?

    What did you expect? It's the law of diminishing returns.

    Now if you wanted another 50hp you would need around 15-16PSi and the amount of heat that would be produced would need a much better charger cooler setup. Or a radical air to air setup like using a HS Marstons core.

    This is good power. The more you want over the bolt on kits the cost will exponentially rise.... like this is.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Maybe if it gets too worn out and watery it cavitates the pump and can't do its job protecting the bearings on the crank? I would always change it at 5k. $#@! 7500 or more.

    Well any kind of throttle response from down low is gonna be a slug in any car...you just aren't moving enough air to really get the motor up and going.

    I agree with the oil changes - even though I have heard otherwise from just about everyone. I change it every 5k on my car.

    If you think the throttle response is bad down low on any car, drive an E46 M3 - the throttle response is ridiculous right off of idle. The e9x is right up there, but I feel the S54 was more responsive. Compared to a 335, it's not even comparable.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    what fuel?

    why not run better fuel on stock compression motors?


    oh also,

    TURBOOOOOO. DO EEEIT.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    what fuel?

    why not run better fuel on stock compression motors?


    oh also,

    TURBOOOOOO. DO EEEIT.
    Fuel isn't the problem.

    I'm going to have to go dry sump.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #74
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    so, what fuel?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    Kinda underwhelming but the car is only doing 12.5psi. When the smaller pullies go on I think anyone who decides to go for this build will deem it worthy. Isn't fuel the limiting factor for most of these ESS builds?
    Fuel maybe but you can't really go much further with that blower without diminishing returns. Simply too small. The YSI even gets maxed.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •