Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    I gotcha now. Yeah, my sarcasm detector does not work well early in the morning.
    Plus you didn't read the rules:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click hereto return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of GermanBoost will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of GermanBoost, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

You will not complain about Sticky writing the M3 is the most awesome car ever made in whatever thread he desires whenever he desires. Disagreeing with him is done so at your own risk.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of GermanBoost reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge

Yep I'm jealous of every M3 I watch disappear in my rearview mirror Click here to enlarge
    Try a supercharged one and see how that goes for you. You won't even need a mirror.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I just went to the Forums Rules link, and that clause is actually there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Of course it is, and you agreed to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Turkeyfucker is not a very big fan of E85, in case you missed the 331298;98$23; page long thread of him telling everyone how wrong we all are. Click here to enlarge
    stubby, funny how your post stands out from everyone elses. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Turkey,

You should be VERY careful running S2+FMIC. I don't think you have the necessary modifications. I think you are missing intercooler and intake, both of which are requirements for S2+FMIC.

Your turbos will be working double overtime and no amount of race gas will help them out. We don't want to see you make a thread 3 months from now how Cobb tune blew up your turbo's because you ran the most aggressive map without the necessary mods....

Stage 2+ FMIC aggressive ran like a champ with 100 octane mixed with premium ~95octane. On cobb's website, it sez **minimum** 93 octane. I do have an upgraded FMIC, and catless downpipes. OEM intake isn't restrictive as proved by Mr.5, and I double checked with cobb, and got the ok. Thanks, but you can't argue with the results: 1:48 @ gingerman.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2+ FMIC aggressive ran like a champ with 100 octane mixed with premium ~95octane. On cobb's website, it sez **minimum** 93 octane. I do have an upgraded FMIC, and catless downpipes. OEM intake isn't restrictive as proved by Mr.5, and I double checked with cobb, and got the ok. Thanks, but you can't argue with the results: 1:48 @ gingerman.
    You should be good for that map with your mods, no issues. I guess Vasil thought you had no supporting mods.

with 100 octane you can up timing Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge

My bad, I thought you did not have FMIC. On the intake side of things: yeah, the stock intake is restrictive when you get into the higher rpms and when you are pushing more boost. Mr. 5 himself disproved his own research and then did the well known Mr.5 intake. Click here to enlarge His research is based on IATs anyway. He has no way of measuring intake flow rates.

If you have not seen this, here is my Hybrid Intake. I built this intake earlier this spring for about $150.00 for all parts and tools. Trust me on this: once you uncork the intake on this car, you will not think twice about upgrading the intake! It does indeed make a big difference. I say with tuning, the intake will give you about 15-20 whp more compared to stock.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

ran like a champ with 100 octane mixed with premium
    Did you have a chance to take some logs? Butt dyno only tells you how the car "feels" rather than what the car is actually doing. I am not trying to stir up the mud. I am just trying to bring you some awareness, since you are somewhat new to Cobb, flash tuning and data logging.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Bump! Still waiting for your E30 OTS impressions!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Bump! Still waiting for your E30 OTS impressions!
    Sorry, I'm not ever going to put any amount of ethanol into my vehicle again, due to other issues with running it in a non-flex fuel vehicle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Sorry, I'm not ever going to put any amount of ethanol into my vehicle again, due to other issues with running it in a non-flex fuel vehicle.
    why, what happened?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    why, what happened?
    Kindda killed my LPFP. I'm replacing it next weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Kindda killed my LPFP. I'm replacing it next weekend.
    Well you definitely push your LPFP harder with E85, but yours must have been on the edge.

How did the car feel? I'd give it another try, or you can wait for more people to try out that Walbro pump...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Well you definitely push your LPFP harder with E85, but yours must have been on the edge.

How did the car feel? I'd give it another try, or you can wait for more people to try out that Walbro pump...
    Thanks man, but right now, I'm focused on 100 octane. cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What temperature was it outside? Did you monitor your oil/water temps? What oil cooler(s) do you have?

Thanks,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Hope you enjoy over spending for fuel when you can get e85 for under $3.00 a gal. at least thats what it is here in texas.The money i saved bought me terrys lpfp upgrade and more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Hope you enjoy over spending for fuel when you can get e85 for under $3.00 a gal. at least thats what it is here in texas.The money i saved bought me terrys lpfp upgrade and more.
    Enjoy your E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    What temperature was it outside? Did you monitor your oil/water temps? What oil cooler(s) do you have? Thanks,
    Temperatures ranged from 40-60F morning to afternoon. Water temps: 105F, oil temps: 270F Max. I have the ar desgin stage 1 oil cooler, and oem oil cooler. Now I have more power, I go into water temp limp mode. I have been able to avoid this by hosing down my radiator with water, before the session. Once hosed down my water temps start out the session at 59F, and by the end of the 25-30 mins session, it's at 105F.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Ooh, well well! Look who purchased a Cobb unit! The ultimate critic! Congrats man. Finally you got rid of that cheap boost controller that you loved so much
    I'm more confused he had a jb+ not a jb4.. Hated it, And went straight to a cobb instead of trying the jb4 :/

now reading about the ethanol hate is even more confusing, i thought the 4g63 guys already proved it's a good idea lol
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    oh god LOL.. Thanks turkey for bumping this, i got a solid smile and snort when i went and checked ahahhahaha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    I'm more confused he had a jb+ not a jb4.. Hated it, And went straight to a cobb instead of trying the jb4 :/
    That was my initial thought as well. I've considered moving from my JB4 G5 to a Cobb, but I couldn't justify getting rid of a chip I just bought two months ago. I like the meth integration on the JB4, but the ease of access on the Cobb is also nice. To each his own. Congrats on your fun day at the track! Post up your track set-up sometime!
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Folks, this thread is old, so unless there is something new to discuss, please let it die. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Folks, this thread is old, so unless there is something new to discuss, please let it die. Thanks.
    But... YOU just bumped it? :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Temperatures ranged from 40-60F morning to afternoon. Water temps: 105F, oil temps: 270F Max. I have the ar desgin stage 1 oil cooler, and oem oil cooler. Now I have more power, I go into water temp limp mode. I have been able to avoid this by hosing down my radiator with water, before the session. Once hosed down my water temps start out the session at 59F, and by the end of the 25-30 mins session, it's at 105F.
    This is why I want the additional radiator that comes with the BMW Performance Power Kit.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    But... YOU just bumped it? :/
    Opps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12