Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Just a bit of persceptive

This is to show a VERY rough timeline of the RB process to put everything in prospective. I made my announcement in the beginning of September. It has been 1 month and one week. Think are shaping up VERY nicely and quickly and I thank everyone for the interest. I will get these things out as soon as I get everything here, assembled, and am confident I am shipping a comprehensive product. So sit tight. Thanks again. Just a note this is in NO WAY an attack on Rob or his product. His turbos are awesome and work flawlessly, just to remind people that good things take a little time.

RB Thread started:

RB Turbos - Assembled!! (Pics inside) - 08-28-2009, 06:28 AM

6 months later

Rob@RBTurbo
    Click here to enlarge

Legend

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge 02-23-2010, 07:33 AM

Its been almost 6 months since Ive started this thread, and this turbo setup was underway for months and months before that. Im hoping it was enough time for perfection.

As for the actuators its looking like i am just going to use my new 6mm rod actuators, with a modified 8mm end piece.

Thanks,
    Rob

8 months later he is talking about getting started

Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Legend

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge 04-02-2010, 06:59 PM

PM me if you are seriously interested and are very likely to purchase provided the results are "favorable".

I will try my best to make the list, I know most of you guys who have been around for a while and will get you guys in there first. Well, assuming this all goes good!

I have 10 sets of cores I believe, so that will be enough to get it all started.

A year and a half later he ships his first set

Rob@RBTurbo
    Click here to enlarge

Legend
    Car: 335I

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge 12-04-2010, 02:49 PM

2 sets are in transit to Canada now.... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    M3.
    Mazda3 that is Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Subscribed for entertainment value.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can we remove RB's 1 post per day restriction for this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be fair, rob had a beta set out well before production turbos went out.

@LostMarine

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    To be fair, rob had a beta set out well before production turbos went out.

@LostMarine
    Is everyone really missing the point here? Rob did a great job getting his turbos out in a good amount of time for the amount of work he did. THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS IS TO SHOW things do not happen over night. THAT IS ALL. If you guys turn this into drama than you do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Is everyone really missing the point here? Rob did a great job getting his turbos out in a good amount of time for the amount of work he did. THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS IS TO SHOW things do not happen over night. THAT IS ALL. If you guys turn this into drama than you do.
    Well rob didn't take deposits for products without an ETA. You are doing so though. Normally, companies don't take deposits without an ETA.

No drama, just facts. If you said "we are developing a stage 2 turbo and we will start taking deposits once we have some data", no one would say anything.

Its all vaporware until we see at least a beta unit out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well rob didn't take deposits for products without an ETA. You are doing so though. Normally, companies don't take deposits without an ETA.

No drama, just facts. If you said "we are developing a stage 2 turbo and we will start taking deposits once we have some data", no one would say anything.

No Drama just facts? Are you sure about that? Here is rob taking 50% deposits 7 months before he shipped the first set, without a single dyno chart and with no solid ETA set at all, and he even admits he needs the deposits just to move forward.

"Click here to enlarge 05-09-2010, 07:54 PM
    Everyone on this list (or anyone else interested now) please PM me. Once I verify the validity of the interest I will move forward with making a batch now.

I will require a deposit of sorts, likely 50% minimum from each party to be able to move forward with this. Keep that in mind as you PM me about the validity of your interest.

Please do not make your PMs about questions, etc. Just let me know a simple "yes I am in and will be fine with a deposit/payment". Also let me know the car you have as you 135i guys maybe an issue if you do not have your own cores. If you are not on the list and want in NOW, just PM me and say the same thing.

Thanks,
    Rob"

I actually announced an ETA and yes as I make changes and try to put out the best product possible it tends to shift to the right. But with a product like this that is normal. I have stated CLEARLY if anyone gets cold feet and wants a refund you can get me on email or phone at any time, I am fairly confident from the research I did no other vendors were offering that. Next time you state "facts" you may want to back them up slightly. And yes here we go, people taking a post to just say "hey these things take time were working hard to get them done" into this. Not shocking. If this post continues down this path I will just delete it. This was not the purpose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    He is probably banned anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    No Drama just facts? Are you sure about that? Here is rob taking 50% deposits 7 months before he shipped the first set, without a single dyno chart and with no solid ETA set at all, and he even admits he needs the deposits just to move forward.

"http://www.n54tech.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif 05-09-2010, 07:54 PM
    Everyone on this list (or anyone else interested now) please PM me. Once I verify the validity of the interest I will move forward with making a batch now.

I will require a deposit of sorts, likely 50% minimum from each party to be able to move forward with this. Keep that in mind as you PM me about the validity of your interest.

Please do not make your PMs about questions, etc. Just let me know a simple "yes I am in and will be fine with a deposit/payment". Also let me know the car you have as you 135i guys maybe an issue if you do not have your own cores. If you are not on the list and want in NOW, just PM me and say the same thing.

Thanks,
    Rob"

I actually announced an ETA and yes as I make changes and try to put out the best product possible it tends to shift to the right. But with a product like this that is normal. I have stated CLEARLY if anyone gets cold feet and wants a refund you can get me on email or phone at any time, I am fairly confident from the research I did no other vendors were offering that. Next time you state "facts" you may want to back them up slightly. And yes here we go, people taking a post to just say "hey these things take time were working hard to get them done" into this. Not shocking. If this post continues down this path I will just delete it. This was not the purpose.
    If you dug a little deeper, you will find dyno results, real life data from @LostMarine when he was asking for those deposits.

I personally don't give a $#@! one way or another, rob doesn't pay my rent and neither do you. I'm just saying you are talking up a product and taking deposits on something that is basically, having blind faith in the product.

If the stage2 performs comparably to RBs they saved a ton of money and congratulations to them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you dug a little deeper, you will find dyno results, real life data from @LostMarine when he was asking for those deposits.

I personally don't give a $#@! one way or another, rob doesn't pay my rent and neither do you. I'm just saying you are talking up a product and taking deposits on something that is basically, having blind faith in the product.

If the stage2 performs comparably to RBs they saved a ton of money and congratulations to them.
    The difference between an established company announcing a product and letting people know if you want to get in line, a 50% fully refundable deposit saves your spot and blind faith aren't even comparable. The amount of $#@!ing and moaning and complaining and accusing I saw Rob had to deal with in that thread lets me know exactly what I have in store for myself. You did NOT state facts, rob was indeed taking deposits WELL before he had a solid delivery ETA which turned out to be 7 months. That is the time it took to get the product ready for what he felt was public consumption, absolutely nothing wrong with that. AND it brings us back to the fact of THINGS TAKE TIME. You guys have a great day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No disrespect intended here, but this is starting to reflect poorly on Vargas...

I don't think anyone in the forum will question the development time needed to produce a quality product. The fact that it has happened before is not lost on anyone, and the fact that you made a whole new thread to prove it is coming across as somewhat more controversial than you probably want.

The people here care about the product. If you deliver and are ethical about the deposits then nobody will give two $#@!s about what rob may or may not have promised years ago.

Keep up the good technical work and let your products speak for themselves!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This forum banter is idiotic, there are enough beta testers waiting in line for these turbos, once they are on the street, the products will speak for themselves. Up until this point, rob looked bad (IMO) for the negative posts in the Vargas threads, now with this thread, both of you guys aren't looking so good (again IMO).

Just get some turbos out there and let's see how they perform.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trufus Click here to enlarge
    No disrespect intended here, but this is starting to reflect poorly on Vargas...

I don't think anyone in the forum will question the development time needed to produce a quality product. The fact that it has happened before is not lost on anyone, and the fact that you made a whole new thread to prove it is coming across as somewhat more controversial than you probably want.

The people here care about the product. If you deliver and are ethical about the deposits then nobody will give two $#@!s about what rob may or may not have promised years ago.

Keep up the good technical work and let your products speak for themselves!
    I have to agree and I am going to dead this thred. My entire point of this was and is. A similar product took over 2 years from announcement to shipping, simply because people do not understand what is being done to create these turbos. IT was intended to calm people down and say if I push things back a little as I make changes it doesn't mean anyone should be worried about anything. Just that I am not going to release something til I am confident it is right. I am going to leave this up for 5 more minutes and dead it. I think though my intention was valid no one is going to take it how I intended it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hooray. (post for the day)

FYI: Thanks thymyst for trying to communicate with this guy. RB never took a PENNY from anyone until products were proven and tested. Up til that point it was a risk factor all on my own coin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just waiting for the product. I could care less about the bickering, either way I'll have me some upgraded twins as my wastegates sound like complete $#@!. Whoever has the product that appeals to me most will get my $$$ plain and simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just curious, how long were the prototype RBs tested before an official release and deposits were taken? how may miles and dynos before anyone knew they were on a car?

whats the greatest achievement RB turbo's has done?

now, same questions, but replace "RB" with "VTT"

Click here to enlarge

dueces

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Hooray. (post for the day)

FYI: Thanks thymyst for trying to communicate with this guy. RB never took a PENNY from anyone until products were proven and tested. Up til that point it was a risk factor all on my own coin.
    I clearly recall my ZOMG WHEN CAN I GET THIS post

when lostmarine dropped his 500 whp initial dyno and split a nut when he was pulling on a Gallardo.

No deposits were taken until data was provided. I didn't even need to go read the N54tech thread to remember that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    No.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

There is an ETA and a timeline so what are you talking about?

There is no doubt this coming along much faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Looks to me like people are starting to get relentless with the PM's for updates.
    2017 Porsche 911

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is going to be closed, no need for it. Vargas will do their thing and we will all see the results. Rob can do his thing as well nobody is stopping him. Competition FTW.