Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Quick Vargas Turbo Update Stage 1/2

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop on what is going on. I have decided to add a few more upgrades to our turbos and am having the wheels cast and the parts manufactured as of right now. The differences are, for the turbine wheel, after talking with quite a few people including some people at BW I have decided to go with a full back turbine wheel as found in the EFR turbos by BW. I am having one custom cast to my specs to fit these turbos. I am also upgrading both piston rings turbine and compressor side with step gap piston rings, as well as increasing the width of the compressor side piston ring to help curb the oiling issues these turbos have. Stock Compressor side piston ring is .8mm, TD04(RB) piston ring is .95mm we are using a custom 1.1mm piston ring with the step gap design to help stop the oiling issues. These are just small upgrades nothing ground breaking I have decided to include in our turbos to make them as efficient and to give them as much longevity as possible so you guys can have a great product.

Small quote from BW on the benefits of a full back wheel "The fullback wheel hubs employ a full aerodynamic back-disk, meaning that the hubline extends all the way to the inlet tip. This feature allows for incredibly smooth (low energy loss) guidance of exhaust flow out of the housing and into the blade channels."

Here is what a fullback turbine wheel looks like.
    Attachment 21629

Also if you do know what a step gap piston ring is here is a picture. Basically a standard piston ring butts up against it self to seal but still has a gap for oil to escape through. The Step gap closes more completely and is used in almost all industrial applications because of its ability to better control oil. There is NO solution to keeping all oiling issue sin check but these small steps will help in the battle. These are for Stage 1/2. Stage 3's are Garrett turbos
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 10-15-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, is this a Stage 3 change or will this cover Stages 1 & 2? If it covers 1 & 2, is the price affected at all? I know you have not "nailed down" pricing yet but I am sure potential customers will want to know if this will change your estimates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These look like Step 1&2 upgrades. S3's are new twinz Click here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL RobBeck is already banned from this thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw>benz Click here to enlarge
    LOL RobBeck is already banned from this thread.
    Thsi is true but honestly I have nothing against Rob as I have stated in the past. I just never know what mood he is going to be in. I've got too much on my plate right now to deal with trolls, and flaming when I am just trying to help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good stuff tony!! happy to see these kinds of updates/upgrades
    Last edited by jpsimon; 10-15-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    curious how much these upgrades affect final cost...but great job nonetheless Tony...and thanks for all the updates!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    These look like Step 1&2 upgrades. S3's are new twinz Click here to enlarge
    Wasnt sure if he was pulling apart the GTX's and changing these things at well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
    curious how much these upgrades affect final cost...but great job nonetheless Tony...and thanks for all the updates!
    As of right now final cost isn't effected at all. Price will remain the same. My logic sucks. You get more, you pay the same. Click here to enlarge Haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    Wasnt sure if he was pulling apart the GTX's and changing these things at well.
    He clarified on the other forum that its for S1/2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, shot you an email about another possible upgrade. Let me know your thoughts!
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Glad you came back with a very sweet upgrade, it was worth the wait!

Oh and Dzenno knows a lot about that "step gap piston ring" lol @dzenno
    Last edited by farbmw; 10-15-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Tony, shot you an email about another possible upgrade. Let me know your thoughts!
    Didn't receive any emails from you Jonah. Try it again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Thsi is true but honestly I have nothing against Rob as I have stated in the past. I just never know what mood he is going to be in. I've got too much on my plate right now to deal with trolls, and flaming when I am just trying to help.
    I completely agree. Its about time. He $#@!es more than a menstrating girlfriend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I prob wont ever ban anyone from a discussion again. Now that I think about it. Its kinda lame. I am always open to feedback whether positive or negative. I think I just got back to the shop this am and was overwhelmed after being gone for 3 days and didn't want to deal with negativity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice update Tony
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lol @ Rob being banned.

Good luck with the project Tony.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Didn't receive any emails from you Jonah. Try it again
    just sent it again
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice, those EFR turbines are super light weight. Will have very nice spool using that. Pretty funny how you stated it, you get more but still pay the same. That is something I look forward to seeing when the process is done. So the EFR turbine will only be used on stage 1/2 as stated by others yes?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Oh and Dzenno knows a lot about that "step gap piston ring" lol @dzenno
    Ah yes, its called the RECTANGRING Click here to enlarge also used as the camshaft vanos seals in the past by bmw...no longer the case though as they've switched over to single piece plastic instead of metal
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Nice, those EFR turbines are super light weight. Will have very nice spool using that. Pretty funny how you stated it, you get more but still pay the same. That is something I look forward to seeing when the process is done. So the EFR turbine will only be used on stage 1/2 as stated by others yes?
    To be SUPER clear these are NOT the Ceramic Ti wheels they use in the EFR's. These are custom wheels that use the more efficient "Fullback" design. I am having these pieces custom made they are NOT BW EFR wheels. I simply used the BW EFR as an example of the fullback design.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice! Stage 2s should be a worthwhile upgrade.

I have some road experience in the RB turbos, will be nice to see how these stack up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be SUPER clear these are NOT the Ceramic Ti wheels they use in the EFR's. These are custom wheels that use the more efficient "Fullback" design. I am having these pieces custom made they are NOT BW EFR wheels. I simply used the BW EFR as an example of the fullback design.
    Ahh sorry, I should have reread. It's clear up in the first. I must have been half awake this morning when I read it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I prob wont ever ban anyone from a discussion again. Now that I think about it. Its kinda lame. I am always open to feedback whether positive or negative. I think I just got back to the shop this am and was overwhelmed after being gone for 3 days and didn't want to deal with negativity.
    It's your decision and however you want to utilize it. If I were you, I would remove Rob as well.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anthony, with this latest development any estimate on when the Stage 2s will ship to us beta testers?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast