Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BMW F10 M5 S63TU Gruppe M carbn fiber intake dynojet dyno results on the IND-Distribution M5 - + 11 wheel horsepower

The Gruppe M intake for the F10 M5 is a very nice piece of hardware albeit one that is quite expensive. How expensive? $3500 to get this beautiful carbon fiber intake for your F10 M5. It is not just all looks as the intake managed to show an extra 11 wheel horsepower up from the 523 wheel baseline with the Eisenmann Race rear section. This is in SAE correction on the EAS dynojet dynanometer.

Gains are almost through the entire curve with the exception of a dip between 4000-4500 rpm for whatever reason. A tune would likely eliminate this torque dip. Regardless, the intake shows gains although it offers a relatively poor horsepower per dollar ratio. For someone who absolutely has to have every last horse right now until more competitive options hit the market, Gruppe M is pretty much the only game in town.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice intake but way too expensive, then again, if you can afford this car then there shouldn't be any problems affording this intake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Nice intake but way too expensive, then again, if you can afford this car then there shouldn't be any problems affording this intake.
    That's probably the argument most will use but there's a point where you just draw the line. It adds 11 whp...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's probably the argument most will use but there's a point where you just draw the line. It adds 11 whp...
    Reasonable individuals like us draw lines, but not everyone is reasonable lol and look at it in the way I pictured it above. My BMS DCI intake I think adds more than 11whp depending on the tune and it was less than $100 lol. Talk about bang for your $$$$, but then again my car is not an M5 and the intake is not made with carbon fiber. I would think $1500-2000 or so is probably reasonable for that M5 intake, and thats being very optimistic.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Reasonable individuals like us draw lines, but not everyone is reasonable lol and look at it in the way I pictured it above. My BMS DCI intake I think adds more than 11whp depending on the tune and it was less than $100 lol. Talk about bang for your $$$$, but then again my car is not an M5 and the intake is not made with carbon fiber. I would think $1500-2000 or so is probably reasonable for that M5 intake, and thats being very optimistic.
    This pattern always repeats itself on the M's. New model launches, Gruppe M jumps on the intake and produces an expensive yet beautiful piece. Early adopters buy it and then a year later something much cheaper offering the same benefits comes out and nobody buys the Gruppe M intake any longer other than people who don't know any better.

That said, this is a great intake and the best option out right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It looks great under the hood but daaamn.. For 35 of my Ben Franklins they better throw in a couple 21 year old brunettes to improve the value Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    way too expensive but the gains are great for an intake in the 4700-6000rpm range...i see anywhere from 25-35wtq there..where is the pics of the intake? Didn't really see it in the vid
    Click here to enlarge