Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: my plugs...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    @enrita Approximately how many years/months did you use ethanol (E85 mixes), and/or Methanol in this engine? And at what percentages?

Thanks
    E50 max 6 months.
    Denaturated alcohol/meth since the rebuild 35k km.
    This failure has though nothing to do with it.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    grills are bmw performance.
    or do you mean the lower IC/oil cooler grills? those are just painted matte black
    I mean the hood specifically. In the US, pre-LCI E90s have a chrome piece on the hood directly above the grills.

Pre-LCI:
    http://www.free-hdwallpapers.com/wal...cars/41805.jpg

LCI:
    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7922/21835069.jpg

There is also a difference in the front lights, specifically the corner markers.

You appear to have LCI style grills and front lights, but your hood is missing the extra two ridges in the center specific to US LCI models. Must just be a different in the market, EURO vs. US.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I mean the hood specifically. In the US, pre-LCI E90s have a chrome piece on the hood directly above the grills.

Pre-LCI:
    http://www.free-hdwallpapers.com/wal...cars/41805.jpg

LCI:
    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7922/21835069.jpg

There is also a difference in the front lights, specifically the corner markers.

You appear to have LCI style grills and front lights, but your hood is missing the extra two ridges in the center specific to US LCI models. Must just be a different in the market, EURO vs. US.
    i have an E92, not E90
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

one vacuum canister was busted (replaced them both 5 months ago) so probably they dropped it or damaged it during engine install. part is of course not in stock in sweden (we dont want too much luck do we?) and its in from germany this friday.
    They are reinstalling all bits and pieces in engine bay and perform another comp test to be on the safe side.
    Might change the water pump as well since it has now 63k miles on it
    it still works fine since it can hold 95% dutycycle after the inpa test but since i am gonna drive to germany (Nurburgsring here i come) and Italy for a total of 3700 miles i dont want to risk to get stranded there.
    maybe i am just gonna buy from the US (way cheaper) it and take it with me .
    Very reliable car Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

one vacuum canister was busted (replaced them both 5 months ago) so probably they dropped it or damaged it during engine install. part is of course not in stock in sweden (we dont want too much luck do we?) and its in from germany this friday.
    They are reinstalling all bits and pieces in engine bay and perform another comp test to be on the safe side.
    Might change the water pump as well since it has now 63k miles on it
    it still works fine since it can hold 95% dutycycle after the inpa test but since i am gonna drive to germany (Nurburgsring here i come) and Italy for a total of 3700 miles i dont want to risk to get stranded there.
    maybe i am just gonna buy from the US (way cheaper) it and take it with me .
    Very reliable car Click here to enlarge
    Man you really have had just about all the bad luck a guy can have. I seriously hope you will get everything sorted soon, so you'll be able to enjoy the car over the summer...
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Öhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

since i am gonna drive to germany (Nürburgring here i come) and Italy for a total of 3700 miles i dont want to risk to get stranded there.
    Let me know when you're going to be at the 'Ring, would be great to meet again!

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Öhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    Let me know when you're going to be at the 'Ring, would be great to meet again!

Alpina_B3_Lux
    i will probably start driving down to germany/Italy the 20-21 March and get back after the 10th April. My schedule is pretty open so if you know of a good day for you to spend at the ring i can make it there :-)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

got the car back. seems it has issues building boost at low rpm. up to 3800 rpm is very slow than it explodes. See attached log.
    I also got 30FF code.
    Any ideas?
    Click here to enlarge
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

got the car back. seems it has issues building boost at low rpm. up to 3800 rpm is very slow than it explodes. See attached log.
    I also got 30FF code.
    Any ideas?
    http://www.PorscheBoost.com/images/i...1ce35494-1.jpg
    Turbo wastegates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I also got 30FF code.
    Any ideas?
    http://www.PorscheBoost.com/images/i...1ce35494-1.jpg
    Had that same code ended up being a loose, charge pipe to Intercooler outlet connection. Mine would run then get half engine when I got deep into the pedal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

here i added logs from same map but taken in september. New Engine seems to deliver 50 whp more and clearly the boost trace down low is lacking lots of boost
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

update:
    i had the car for 4 days and it started acting weird at cold start. Missfire cyl 4, really rough smelling lots of gas. probably injector 4 is leaking. warm the car was fine. then code 2PF2 high pressure at WOT today which indicates probably that the hpfp that was on the second hand engine is already shot so i left the car again to put back my injectors and hpfp + walbro lpfp.
    Also The shop flashed an old DME prog in the MSD81 so now i have freaken lag and lpfp not priming . if they cannot upload new version i told them i will through winkfp at their shop haha.
    Otherwise i am really happy in how the engine runs and performs and its now clear to me how bad the other one was rebuilded....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool, it's time to get her running hard, roads are getting dry..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Hey guys, just changed my plugs the other day as I had misfires on cylinder 4.. How do they look?
    cyl 1 to 6 top to bottom sorry for the fuzzy pic
    Click here to enlarge
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

look fine to me but start your own thread....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

look fine to me but start your own thread....
    Sorry, and thanks..
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567